what type of production will Malkin

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
I think people underestimate the pure talent of Malkin. He's easily more talented than Ovechkin (although Ovechkin has the power forward speed and sniper finess), and it all boils down to whether or not he can unleash it upon the world...

Once he gets accustomed to North America (he was thrown into it under excrutiatingly rare circumstances), and he brings the aggression he shows with Team Russia to the Pens, there is no doubt he can be a consistent 100+ point scorer. Plus, he does so many of the little things well, and has a defensive presence that will make him extremly good.

Dropkick Alex, I watched 70+ games this season from Owen Sound Ontario on FSN Pittsburgh (thank you NHL Centre Ice), and I can tell you Malkin did NOT play on the same line as Crosby, at least even strength. He got PP time of course, and was put together with Crosby in the last half of the third if they needed that boost. They were completely unstoppable together (and we saw it in the playoffs too, but the other lines barely showed a pulse). The only issue is that Malkin is still not comfortable playing wing, and so Therrien keeps him Centring the 2nd line so he can balance out the scoring, and get the most out of Malkin. Hopefully he can learn to play wing better, because it is a trest to watch him and Sid together.

If he plays on Sid's line for most of his career (as a scenario, however unlikely), we could see his career average 120+, because Sid could get 150+ in his prime if he truly dominates like he can...

Damn, have to go so I can't finish this long post, so enjoy it for what it is, and Geno rules!

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
I think he'll average about 95 points a season. In his prime he should get a couple seasons of 110-130 points

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad