What to expect from Datsyuk this year?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
with an improved powerplay,moving to the east,and starting the season with Zetterberg i'll be disappointed if he doesn't hit at least 90 points if he's healthy

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
with an improved powerplay,moving to the east,and starting the season with Zetterberg i'll be disappointed if he doesn't hit at least 90 points if he's healthy

Yeah, that would be awesome. Hopefully he stats healthy.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I don't think it's crazy for him to reach 100P as long as he stays healthy. I know Pav has never done it, but even at his age, I still think he's productive enough to put those numbers.

With that said, I think he'll get a respectable 85P.

RedWingsNow*

Expecting a 35 year old to score 90 points for the first time since he was 31... Saying you'll be disappointed if he doesn't...
Prepare to be disappointed

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Pretty much everyone said if he stays healthy. That and playing in the more defensive west have held his production back the last handful of years. I don't think many are expecting it but are bringing up what's possible if everything breaks right. I will only be disappointed if he plays a full season and racks up less than 80 pts.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Do you not think it's reasonable to score more points in the Eastern Conference? Have you thought about that in your equation?

Based on last season GAA's, is was ~6% harder to score against western teams.

So, a 100-point-player at East would have been 94-point-player at West on average.

At 80-point player range (where Datsyuk is) that could mean 4-5 extra points.

I still think that when injuries will hit during the season, to keep the roster depth, Datsyuk is the guy who will carry those pylons (Bert, Cleary, AKader) in the line suffling and end to +60 points.

Personally I don't care about his own individual scoring as long as he prevents 300 points from opposite Star players to happen.

Last edited:

RaySheppard

Oct 9, 2010
No. No one cares about Ken Daniels and what he says. In fact all of your local media down there is second rate and rather passive. Welcome to the Atlantic division. Time to step it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
No. No one cares about Ken Daniels and what he says. In fact all of your local media down there is second rate and rather passive. Welcome to the Atlantic division. Time to step it up.

Time to step what up?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I still think that when injuries will hit during the season, to keep the roster depth, Datsyuk is the guy who will carry those pylons (Bert, Cleary, AKader) in the line suffling and end to +60 points.

Don't think it's wise to put your best player in a position where he is destined to fail.

Also why are we keeping so many of these "pylons" on our roster?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Don't think it's wise to put your best player in a position where he is destined to fail.

Also why are we keeping so many of these "pylons" on our roster?

Datsyuk has proven before that he is so superb individual, who can carry those kind of pylons and still have a decent line, that defends well and wins the scoring relatively against their opposite lines. That's winning hockey.

At same time Zetteberg's line and Griffins line are also scoring, so the Red Wings are winning on the long run. That's how Mike Babcock is thinking.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Datsyuk has proven before that he is so superb individual, who can carry those kind of pylons and still have a decent line, that defends well and wins the scoring relatively against their opposite lines. That's winning hockey.

At same time Zetteberg's line and Griffins line are also scoring, so the Red Wings are winning on the long run. That's how Mike Babcock is thinking.

Where's Weiss?

Babs has always talked about Helm as third line C, not Andy. Well, we may not ever see it.

RedWingsNow*

Do you not think it's reasonable to score more points in the Eastern Conference? Have you thought about that in your equation?

I don;t think that will

East=2.77 goals against
West- 2.64 goals against

If Pavel played ALL his games .against the East, that would be about a 1.05 multiplier
Or 4 points.
Then factor in 28 games against the west.
Then factor in 30 divisional games.
Then factor in 24 games against the rest of the conference.

That probably mutes most of the tiny tiny difference there is.

Here are the divisional GAAs from last year
Atlantic 2.72
Metro 2.73
Central 2.75
Pacific 2.67

So factoring in the divisional goals against and scheduling matrix, i think it's really simplistic to say, Datsyuk will score more in the East.

Danja

Oct 16, 2004
Los Angeles
60 points with Bertuzzi/Cleary/Abdelkader rotating as his wingers.

If Weiss is injured, Babcock is gonna split Zeta and Dats something like this:

Franzen - Zeta - Alfie
Abdelkader - Dats - Bertuzzi/Cleary

We have seen that before, and we will see it again.

I just died a little inside, having to read that. :shakehead

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Expecting a 35 year old to score 90 points for the first time since he was 31... Saying you'll be disappointed if he doesn't...
Prepare to be disappointed
We all know the reasons why he hasn't scored 90+ the past couple of seasons: injuries+linemates (+lockout). If he plays with Z all season, maybe Alfredsson for atleast parts of it (+ on the PP) I believe his production will be back at his 07-10 levels. Healthy is an issue but the good thing is that he doesn't have constant back issues or groin issues so I don't believe an injury-free season is impossible for him.

Won't be disappointed if he plays 70 games and scores 60 points though, Pavel is not a guy that disappoints anyway.

babcockscowl

Mar 17, 2011
Buffalo NY
What to expect?

Highlight reel plays, manic backchecking, puck steals, funny quotes, players falling over themselves trying to stop him.. good stuff basically.

And PPG, +/- 10 points, depending on health and linemates.

tumblr_m3k5sueZCY1qbx51ho1_250.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad