Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
2008-09: 81GP - 97 PTS

2009-10: 80 GP - 70 PTS
2010-11: 56 GP - 59 PTS
2011-12: 70 GP - 67 PTS
2012-13 shortened season: 47 GP - 49 PTS

Whether moving to the Eastern Conference will be a factor in points or not, we do know that the Euro twins will at least be starting the season on the same line. Taking the preseason with a grain of salt, he has done well. Injuries have taken some toll on the guy, but he's still been around PPG or above it. Just a couple questions, if he plays with Zetterberg the entire 82 game season (hypothetically), what kind of point totals do we see? And what would be your realistic expectation for Pavel Datsyuk with injuries, line combo changes, and other contributing factors be?

Mine
A. 82 GP - 86 PTS
B. 72 GP - 70 PTS

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I see a 70 game 75 point season from him.

It's felt like awhile since we have seen Datsyuk play a full 80+ game season, so if he is able to make it that far I can see him getting 80 points for the first time since 09.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
If he plays 75+ with z I believe 90+ isn't gonna be hard.
If he plays 60-74 could vary from 70-85.

The east isn't ready for the way we play. They have pretty much went into a goon arms race due to Boston. The only team that plays even close to resembling us is pitt.

As long as we don't get a sens of last year type injury fest to our star players Datsyuk's line will tear it up in the points department. For the next 2 years or so until the east is actually used to our playstyle I expect him and z to produce great numbers.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
60 points with Bertuzzi/Cleary/Abdelkader rotating as his wingers.

If Weiss is injured, Babcock is gonna split Zeta and Dats something like this:

Franzen - Zeta - Alfie
Abdelkader - Dats - Bertuzzi/Cleary

We have seen that before, and we will see it again.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
I'm going to be optimistic and say he stays healthy.

If the PP is better and he's not with Cleary and Abdelkader all year, I could see 90 points in the east.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Franzen - Zeta - Alfie

That 1st line would be good.

That 2nd line I really think would struggle to create offense. Having Datsyuk with 1 of those guys could maybe be OK, but having either Abby or Bert/Cleary as his wingers would really limit that line offensively IMO. Would be the worst wingers Datsyuk has played with in his career probably.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Depends largely on health. If he's injury free he could have a huge year. An improved power play would help that cause.

This season with the Olympics worries me a bit though. That's a lot of hockey and Datsyuk's stamina isn't his biggest asset. Wouldn't be shocked if he gets wore down at some point.

RedWingsNow*

2008-09: 81GP - 97 PTS

2009-10: 80 GP - 70 PTS
2010-11: 56 GP - 59 PTS
2011-12: 70 GP - 67 PTS
2012-13 shortened season: 47 GP - 49 PTS

Whether moving to the Eastern Conference will be a factor in points or not, we do know that the Euro twins will at least be starting the season on the same line. Taking the preseason with a grain of salt, he has done well. Injuries have taken some toll on the guy, but he's still been around PPG or above it. Just a couple questions, if he plays with Zetterberg the entire 82 game season (hypothetically), what kind of point totals do we see? And what would be your realistic expectation for Pavel Datsyuk with injuries, line combo changes, and other contributing factors be?

Mine
A. 82 GP - 86 PTS
B. 72 GP - 70 PTS

I think your expectations are about right on.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
What to expect?

Highlight reel plays, manic backchecking, puck steals, funny quotes, players falling over themselves trying to stop him.. good stuff basically.

And PPG, +/- 10 points, depending on health and linemates.

RedWingsNow*

Franzen - Zeta - Alfie

My God.....

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I think PPG is reasonable. I think PPG +5-10 is completely possible.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
No but there's a New York, Ottawa, and Boston teams

Not the same if you ask me. Vigneault is an offensive coach, don't think they will block as many shots nor play as defensive as under Tortorella... Ottawa is not in the same level as L.A and St.Louis... Boston sure, but that's 1 team.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think if he plays 75+ games he is going to hit the 90 point mark again. But it depends on the 1st PP unit and the second line carrying enough play to keep him and Zetterberg together. It's easier to score out east so we shall see, he looks ready to go this pre-season. I do think he wins the Selke this year, a bunch of the eastern markets are going to get to see him night in and night out a little more and be reminded of just how awesome he is two-ways.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
PPG in the regular season... And a MUCH better post season performance this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad