What to do with our goalies

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Trade Lehner, Anderson and Hammond.

Sign Bryzgalov and trade for Scrivens in the offseason.

Go with a Scrivens-Bryzgalov tandem next season.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Put all 3 in the net at once.

but we'd need another poll to decide the rest...is it 2 D and 1 forward , or maybe we go 3 forward cause we got 3 goalies in net.... or 3 D cause maybe we don't feel the 3 goalies in net will stop the puck and if we have 3 D we can get to OT for a point and try to steal it in the shootout ?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Try to sign Hammond and see how that goes

If you reckon you will be able to sign him for a decent deal look at trading Lehner by casually shopping him around the League before signing Hammond

You go from there

In a perfect world we sign Hammond as a backup and trade Lehner as part of a package (Lehner + Cowen/Weirioch) for a decent return: Lehner's attitude and poor play make him a poor fit for this team. It isn't catastrophic and he very well might turn it around but I don't think this team has the veteran presence to be able to get through to Lehner and we need steady goaltending which Lehner hasn't provided ever.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
IMO Hammond will likely walk when he is offered a one-way deal by another team in FA.

"Trading" Hammond isn't really an option.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Either Lehner is good and we're wasting assets by having two #1 goalies on our team at the same time, or he's not good and we still should get something for him before he's lost all value.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Let Hammond walk, its a new level of bipolar to want to let go of Lehner before you even know what he is.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Either Lehner is good and we're wasting assets by having two #1 goalies on our team at the same time, or he's not good and we still should get something for him before he's lost all value.
which is it though, and I wonder which a GM thinks is the case

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Let Hammond walk and send a strong message to Lehner that the heat is on him coming into next season. Give him another chance to straighten himself out with a strong off season

For some odd reason we never played as consistently well in front of Lehner or Anderson like we did for Hammond for as long as we did.

15 games is nothing in this league

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Honestly, my answer depends entirely on what someone would be willing to trade us for our goalies.

That being said, my default answer is "Keep Anderson, then make a Lenher/Hammond decision based on what the goalie market looks like."

Xamar*

Honestly, my answer depends entirely on what someone would be willing to trade us for our goalies.

That being said, my default answer is "Keep Anderson, then make a Lenher/Hammond decision based on what the goalie market looks like."

Fair enough, A decent proposal could change things

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

I think this is the way to go. There might be a GM who buys in on the Hammond hype, or at least one who still thinks Lehner can overcome his poor play this year.

Although even if someone buys in on Hammond, we won't get much just for trading rights.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I say:

Sign Hammond.

Start next year with 3 goalies. See who plays well and trade the one of the three early into the year that generates the most interest.

Then sign Bryzgalov.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

That's how it will be done but then you also need to factor in our logjam on the blue line which somewhat complicates matters

However it could set us up for a homerun if the pieces fall where we hope they do

With the RFAs needing to get signed, the goalie situation and the logjam on D it should be an interesting offseason

Karlsson2Turris*

I say:

Sign Hammond.

Start next year with 3 goalies. See who plays well and trade the one of the three early into the year that generates the most interest.

Then sign Bryzgalov.

This seems like the best strategy imo, other than the Bryzgalov part :laugh:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'd rather let go of Hammond than let Lehner go. But then again it depends on what value you could get back. If a very good offer is on the table for Lehner then maybe you let him go. If Lehner is gone we need to sign O'Connor absolutely IMO.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Lehner has had a tough year, he also had his first baby. His drop off in play happened right after he had the kid. Give him a break, one tough season, hes 23 and becoming a father. He will come back strong next year, and can be a star for the next 10 years.

Anderson has 2-3 possibly good years left, trade him (he has value) and go with Hammond and Lehner. You trade Lehner and it could be the worst move this franchise ever did, even more so then not picking Kopitar or Staal, or letting Chara walk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad