Speculation: What to do with Devin Setoguchi

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
So this is the logic I'm getting;

Granlund needs to play with more talented wingers, he isn't bad. It's the players around him.

Setoguchi isn't bad, he just needs more talented players to get him the puck.

Da hell?

So Granlund needs talented players. Setoguchi needs talented players. Uh. Something isn't right.

this doesn't make sense to you? Granlund needs better players around him due to inexperience and (apparently) strength issues, which he should grow out of it. Temporarily he needs better/different linemates to be effective.

Seto is just that kind of player.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
What would you suggest for them??

Seto should get a shot to play with Parise and Koivu. He was really effective in SJ with Marleau and Thornton who were also really good puck possession players as are Zach and Mikko. And I think him and Parise could be really good because they both have good speed. Seto is a talented enough player to be a big piece of this team and I think this would be his best shot to try and prove me right. If he is still ineffective with those two then you maybe see if you can get enough value out of him to warrant a trade.

As far as Granny goes I'd like to see him on a line with Coyle because they had good chemistry in Houston. And I think adding Heatley on the other wing would be good as well. That gives Granlund a "sniper" in Heatley and another big guy who can win battles and clear space for Granlund while also having enough skill to put up a lot of points.

That's what I would like to see at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad