What to do from here?

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Glad no one has mentioned Randy Carlyle so far. Because, though I dont really like him, I believe he is absolutely NOT the problem.

Carlyle is basically forced into playing Gardiner-Franson pairing. He adds in Ranger so that we lessen the chance of a defensive breakdown, but the issue is we dont have the right players.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Holy moly overreaction, the team is fine and is in position to finish in a good playoff spot, losing 3 close games isn't cause for concern. It takes time to get everything going again after the Olympics. 82 games season with an 17 day Olympic break in between, you have to expect highs and lows.

For those who are thrilled with scraping into the playoffs with a rotten core of talent and a terrible prospect pool, I guess these past few years have been a hoot.

I really don't understand why people have such low, low standards and expectations.

A team built around pansies like this will never be good enough to succeed.

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario
For those who are thrilled with scraping into the playoffs with a rotten core of talent and a terrible prospect pool, I guess these past few years have been a hoot.

I really don't understand why people have such low, low standards and expectations.

Rotten core :laugh:

Beleafer19

Apr 25, 2013
This team needs another stay at home D that is mobile but most importantly we need a good defensive forward that can score. None of our top 6 can play defense and the guy that has minor defensive abilities couldn't finish his chances tonight and yes I'm talking about Bozak. Its too bad kuli lost his scoring touch. Can't wait till bolland is back.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Well they managed 25mins of competitive hockey tonight, Bob saw absolutely every shot aside from Raymond's. Reimer was adequate, I thought Reilly played really good, but lordy did Gardiner suck big monkey-balls. Clarkson was in the stands... wasn't he?

Reimer is run twice, no response, figures.

What do we do now? That's tough to say. They aren't going to do anything with Clarkson even if they could because he's only been here a short time and Nonis isn't going to admit he eff'ed up so quickly. And we don't have the cap space to do anything interesting unless we ship money out.

During the 2nd intermission they said the asking price for Andrew MacDonald is a 1st, and maybe possibly Kulemin would suffice to make a deal for him. I'd do that for starters.

Though I would love to see some bold Burkie like moves.

DaveT83*

LOL here we are again.

11 years of ReTooling in the new NHL = POOR RESULTS
SOLUTION = more retooling!!!!!!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

I agree! This team is full of overpaid pansies! :naughty:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Glad no one has mentioned Randy Carlyle so far. Because, though I dont really like him, I believe he is absolutely NOT the problem.

Carlyle is basically forced into playing Gardiner-Franson pairing. He adds in Ranger so that we lessen the chance of a defensive breakdown, but the issue is we dont have the right players.

#FireCarlyle!!!

Players don't look like they want to PLAY hockey for him! :p:

Feb 24, 2004
Leafs have 25 of a possible 34 points in their last 17 games.

You're an idiot.

Classy.

The point production clearly overshadows a larger problem. We are a horrible puck possession team, and lack significant secondary scoring or defensive responsibility.

Feb 24, 2004

Carlyle is supposed to be a defensive coach. Carlyle wanted a certain type of player on this team. I'm fairly content to blame him.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012

Agreed. 3 of 7 D are below average defensively. Can't have success with that D core.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad