What to do from here?

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
Finishing 7th (hopefully? :laugh:) will be terrible, setting the team up for another first round exit. Defense needs to improve and that includes the forwards doing a better job.

Team is up against the cap and the roster doesn't justify it. Nonis has made some good trades before, hopefully he can pull some in the off-season. Got some great pieces in Kessel, JVR, Reilly, Bernier that can be built around.

Guess the main option is trading for some better defense. But who do you move and for what?

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
There is no saving this team.

Leafs' management have deluded themselves this far and are going to see it through until they are fired.

We are stuck with this rotten **** hole of a team until the fans riot.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011

Leafs' management have deluded themselves this far and are going to see it through until they are fired.

Which means forever!

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
This team is worse than last season. Our flaws are being shadowed by Bernier's excellence.

InShannyWeTrust

Bring on the trades!
Aug 6, 2009
what I would do

Trade- Raymond & Kulemin for picks and prospects- they can be replaced by Leivo, D'amigo, Ashton,Biggs, Komarov

Trade- Lupul, Kadri, Gardiner any pick but 1st- for a solid dman

Call up Holland and Grandberg

In the offseason sign another solid d-man and cheap defensive 3/4 liners and a center who can win face-offs

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Ummmm...didn't this team just get points in like 14 out of 16 games before the Olympic break?

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Its ugly to watch this team play defence..I like Gardiner but Im now hoping he goes to bring in a responsible D-men for help.

how much has Clarkson's contract hurt the Leafs options??
Kulemin, Kadri, can go if it means a decent return!!! Bolland can go too if hes asking for allot!!!

A Gardiner-Macdonald trade possible??

Last edited:

MoeMoney

Mar 11, 2012

Holy moly overreaction, the team is fine and is in position to finish in a good playoff spot, losing 3 close games isn't cause for concern. It takes time to get everything going again after the Olympics. 82 games season with an 17 day Olympic break in between, you have to expect highs and lows.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Holy moly overreaction, the team is fine and is in position to finish in a good playoff spot, losing 3 close games isn't cause for concern. It takes time to get everything going again after the Olympics. 82 games season with an 17 day Olympic break in between, you have to expect highs and lows.
this thinking is what Im afraid of...just because it was 2-1 doesnt mean it was a close game. Leafs was aweful for most of game!!! and its happened many times before

MoeMoney

Mar 11, 2012
Its ugly to watch this team play defence..I like Gardiner but Im now hoping he goes to bring in a responsible D-men for help.

how much has Clarkson's contract hurt the Leafs options??
Kulemin, Kadri, can go if it means a decent return!!! Bolland can go too if hes asking for allot!!!

A Gardiner-Macdonald trade possible??

Yikes.

MoeMoney

Mar 11, 2012
this thinking is what Im afraid of...just because it was 2-1 doesnt mean it was a close game. Leafs was aweful for most of game!!! and its happened many times before

The thinking from your previous post is why people think Leaf fans are kinda overboard. They could just as easily finished the last 3 games with 6 points, sometimes you get the bounces, sometimes you don't. Everything evens out at the end of the season and we'll still be top 4 in the East.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011

Did you watch the game tonite? That was horrible defensive play and I'm with McLean and Kyperos it's time to move some guys who don't play defense after 63 games

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
Ummmm...didn't this team just get points in like 14 out of 16 games before the Olympic break?

That's nice. They're sitting in 7th in the conference though. Another first round exit just won't cut it.

I didn't say anywhere to blow it up and pointed out the team has some great pieces. But they are up against the cap. Clarkson signing is horrendous but there's a thread for that so I'll leave it at that.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The thinking from your previous post is why people think Leaf fans are kinda overboard. They could just as easily finished the last 3 games with 6 points, sometimes you get the bounces, sometimes you don't. Everything evens out at the end of the season and we'll still be top 4 in the East.

I hope your right but im laughing at your comment right now quite hard actually!! BUAHAHA Specially with the games coming up in this next trip!!!

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
Where do we go from here????

Pick up a solid stay at home D-man and make a run at the playoffs.

What answer were you expecting? Blow this thing up, tank and start from scratch next year? Overreact much? Relax people.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
So much over-reaction... we need improvement, but I think people don't realize that most of our core players have looked very good (Goalies, JVR, Kessel, Phaneuf). The ones that need to pick it up are our secondary offense (Lupul/Kadi) and our young dmen need to improve defensively (which will happen in time).

I'm just going to relax and hope our GM does some tinkering going into the playoffs, that is unless we get an offer we just can't refuse (Lupul or bottom 6er for a young top 4 dman, or a trade involving a potential top 6/#1C, etc.).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad