Speculation: What to do about Bob?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
OK then. Sorry, touchy subject for me, as I have ancestors over here and I'm sure it's a touchy subject for Bob as well.

My wife's family has a few still in Ukraine. Aunts husband and his oldest got drafted when the war broke out. The women had a scary ordeal fleeing the country and have displaced for 9 months now.
Crazy shit with no end in sight.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Theres only one person in the world who is on Bobs side right now and i believe the reason is "cuz hes russian and i have russian family members"

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
My wife's family has a few still in Ukraine. Aunts husband and his oldest got drafted when the war broke out. The women had a scary ordeal fleeing the country and have displaced for 9 months now.
Crazy shit with no end in sight.
My late grandparents both came from Mariupol, Ukraine over to Canada. That city is all but destroyed now.
I still have a lot of extended family there, or at least I used to.

Reactions: ShootIt

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Theres only one person in the world who is on Bobs side right now and i believe the reason is "cuz hes russian and i have russian family members"
Who is that? Russians are known for having a strong camaraderie.

I believe there is many people who believe in Bob. You hear all the Panther player interviews, and they all sing his praises.

Reactions: KW and harv33173

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Is that a deathwish, or are you hoping he goes over and kills people's ancestors?

I've been waiting for people to start talking about the war in Ukraine. I thought there was no Politics on any fourm, but maybe I'm wrong.
There is a dedicated political talk thread in the lounge, therefore the Panther board isn’t the place for it.

Everyone: my modding preference is to let the discussion evolve naturally and to not interfere as much as possible so long as the quality of the discussion is maintained.

Let’s keep it to where I or Chaos do not have to interfere - keep the discussion on Bob and reserve international/political affairs for the thread in the lounge. Thanks!

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I do not think Bob will EVER live up to that contract. He won't. He would need to have a Vasy esque playoff run to do that and I just don't see that happening.

Having said that, he has lived up to maybe a 5M goalie once and that was last season.

The first time we played Tampa, he didn't even finish the series.

It's just not happening folks

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Really the only hope is we retain like 6per for the next 3yrs and not only convince a team to take him at that but also have bob agree to waive, which I don’t see why bob would. Therefore we either buy him out as painful as that is or we wait yet another season and then hopefully can trade him a little easier once his 16NTC begins. Either way, it severely hurts us for not just a single year like Hornqvist is doing right now but for like 3 more years. It’s insanely disappointing thinking how crippling that signing is

Last edited:

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
We are not even close to the worst defensive team in the league. The consistent defense of Bob is actually sickening on this board. He makes 10 million f***ing dollars and rarely covers for mistakes. He is paid to be a difference maker and it’s one, in a terrible way. He is putting up numbers that gets rookies benched, let alone a starting goalie.

i didn't quantify our defensive shitiness, i just said it was shite. we had a some periods over the past couple of years when we manage to play with some more structure and, surprise! - both goaltenders started looking all-world.

right now, i believe the public models are fooling us - we aren't playing well defensively. i wasn't able to watch the blues game but from what i can tell, it was a clown show. and knight's numbers reflected that poor play. his numbers looked worse than bob's.

look, i was skeptical about the signing and i agree that he will never live up to the contract. that doesn't mean he hasn't been very good here/can't be again. or even win a cup.

ps - lou was great but he never played behind a wide-open offense without structure like we have here now. (actually, i'm not sure wtf we have here now but that's another story...) we don't know how he would've fared. and even still, i remember defending him against posters here. remember the "reboundo" gang? :laugh: *sigh*

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
Missed the opportunity at a thread titled "What About Bob?"

1669652010388.png

• Haha
Reactions: Prominence Problem

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad