What the hell happened to Ottawa?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Im starting to agree with you
Reportedly Marty St. Louis spearheaded the push to get him out of town - he's never been known as a "coach killer", but the passive forecheck really rankles a lot of skill players.

I really doubt Stone enjoys hanging out at the red line instead of forechecking and stealing pucks.

Reactions: albator71

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If Duchene wanted to win he could try scoring more than 2 points in the last 12 games.
Agreed, he has laid a big fat egg for you all. Duchene really isn't as bad as he's been for you all. I'd say at this point he is a 2C capable of about 55pts, but for some reason it just isn't working out right now.

If continues this way, I'm not sure that Ottawa would even really want him back when he becomes a UFA. He might have to settle for a lower dollar short term deal somewhere else to see if he can get back to his normal level of production.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
It's a bit of a perfect storm of things coming together to KO Ottawa at the moment.

Anderson's struggles, combined with Karlsson not playing at full throttle, plus a lack of confidence.

I do expect those things to change with time. But man, do they look brutal right now.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Well will do what Toronto did and tank hard and get 1st overall picks :)

You are so cocky now but how long as the Leafs been a bad team before the last couple of season?

Let me tell you that every year that the Leafs dont win the cup, i will around to let you know 1967!!!!! lollll

You do that and I will remind you that 1967 is still better than never

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Almost everything that could wrong go wrong is going wrong!

Our top end players have been playing like garbage save for Stone, while our bottom end players have been absolutely useless.

Reactions: Kamina

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It's kind of understandable.

Karlsson is coming off a serious injury he had surgery for.

Their new no.1 center is still trying to gel with the team.

They'll get better. I'm mostly wondering what they'll do to replace Anderson.

Rivalry precludes me from saying anything nice about the Sens, but I also hope this season doesn't mean the end for Karlsson. I feel there could be some major backlash from that and I want them to stay stable and healthy in Ottawa for a long time. Went through the same with the Expos and its a terrible feeling.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That's not the same team, you know it, I know it, they don't count

When I'm in the stands, I always look up at that long line of banners with great pride and humility as to what those Senators accomplished in their day.

Here's to you, you legendary Ottawa Senators 11-time Stanley Cup champions!

It's great to be a part of an organization with such a stellar history.

tenor.gif

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Im starting to agree with you

I dont buy this excuse. You would think that winning trumps all so if they made it as far as they did last season then they would be fully bought in.

The system doesnt have anything to do with poor goal tending, weak PP play or our star players falling off a cliff. Each player needs to look in the mirror and truly evaluate their compete level and own that they have been awful the last few weeks.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Ottawa will be fine.

They were only 1 game away from going to the Stanley Cup final last year.
I wish they won the cup instead of Pittsburgh.
People have to stop using last years cup run as an indication that this team can do that consistently.

They had favorable matchups last year. It won't happen again

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
When I'm in the stands, I always look up at that long line of banners with great pride and humility as to what those Senators accomplished in their day.

Here's to you, you legendary Ottawa Senators 11-time Stanley Cup champions!

It's great to be a part of an organization with such a stellar history.

tenor.gif
I didn't think a franchise was allowed to hang banners that belonged to another franchise. They should have to remove them. It's a whole new team, unrelated to the old one, which won all those banners when there were only 6 teams anyway. A one in six chance should be noted with an * as far as today's NHL goes.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I didn't think a franchise was allowed to hang banners that belonged to another franchise. They should have to remove them. It's a whole new team, unrelated to the old one, which won all those banners when there were only 6 teams anyway. A one in six chance should be noted with an * as far as today's NHL goes.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Personally, when I look up at those 11 sparkling Ottawa Senators Stanley Cup banners, I usually give them a little salute too, just out of respect.

luke-theories-salute.gif

What an achievement.

A lot of fans in a lot cities simply can't understand that kind of connection with a hockey team that began over a century ago.

Last edited:

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006

Personally, when I look up at those 11 sparkling Ottawa Senators Stanley Cup banners, I usually give them a little salute too, just out of respect.

luke-theories-salute.gif

What an achievement.

A lot of fans in a lot cities simply can't understand that kind of connection with a hockey team that began over a century ago.
"I'm not sure what you mean"??? I mean it's not the same team as the franchise/team that was there a century ago. It has NOTHING to do with THAT team, its a whole different animal, and does not share any form of heritage with that team. Therefore, the banners it's hanging belong to someone else. It's not hard to understand.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

luke-theories-salute.gif

What an achievement.

didn't that team move to st louis or something like that?

Reactions: BuckyDornster

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
"I'm not sure what you mean"??? I mean it's not the same team as the franchise/team that was there a century ago. It has NOTHING to do with THAT team, its a whole different animal, and does not share any form of heritage with that team. Therefore, the banners it's hanging belong to someone else. It's not hard to understand.

What team? The Ottawa Senators?

630665146.0.jpg

Man they look pretty good.

joe dirte said:
didn't that team move to st louis or something like that?

That was the St. Louis Eagles.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
They signed their obituary once they refused to protect Methot to Vegas. Methot was the reason that they were in Game 7 OT vs Pens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad