What the Bruins are doing/What you'd like to see this off-season 2014 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
1st line has performed just fine with a defensive "liability"

Is that defensive liability a C? Cause it's the most demanding position in Julien excellent D system.

Don't get me wrong. I want Spooner on the team. But he has to learn to be better in his own end. He looked clueless a couple times against the Habs and didn't know what to do.

But as a 4th line C, he will likely be more in the other end against other teams 4th line. The problem is, on the road, can he handle the Crosby/Getzlaf like Campbell and Merlot were able to do? I don't think so. He needs to work on this.

member 96824

Is that defensive liability a C? Cause it's the most demanding position in Julien excellent D system.

Don't get me wrong. I want Spooner on the team. But he has to learn to be better in his own end. He looked clueless a couple times against the Habs and didn't know what to do.

But as a 4th line C, he will likely be more in the other end against other teams 4th line. The problem is, on the road, can he handle the Crosby/Getzlaf like Campbell and Merlot were able to do? I don't think so. He needs to work on this.

No...but I'm in Lou's school of thought that Spooner should be getting reps in on LW.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Greg Campbell was a +1 last season..+2 the year before... a -3 the year before that...

In his last 208 games played for the Bruins .. he is a zero. while scoring exactly 20 goals...

I'm pretty certain Spooner can hack that considering he was a 0 in 23 games last year.

Spooner , Paille and Knight would skate circles around any other 4th line in the league, so puck possession won't be a problem, meaning D responsibility would be as great.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Greg Campbell was a +1 last season..+2 the year before... a -3 the year before that...

In his last 208 games played for the Bruins .. he is a zero. while scoring exactly 20 goals...

I'm pretty certain Spooner can hack that considering he was a 0 in 23 games last year.

Campbell and his line could be trusted and were used from time to time by Stone Clode against other teams top line. That's what I was aluding when putting Campbell name in there.

Could you trust Spooner at the moment for this responsability?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Campbell and his line could be trusted and were often put by Stone Clode against other teams top line. That's what I was aluding when putting Campbell name in there.

There's only one way he learns. You can only do so much in practice.

Put him out there and find out what you have, or deal him for someone you do trust to put out there.

Enough is enough.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
from HF

Slick, fast and creative, Ryan Spooner is an offensive-minded, puck-possession player. Masterful at carrying the puck, making defenders miss with paralyzing one-on-one moves and then finding the open man. He’s the kind of player who makes his linemates better. Praised profusely by Boston’s head coach Claude Julien for his intelligence. But in junior has shown a tendency to hot dog and lose focus on his defensive assignments.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Campbell and his line could be trusted and were used from time to time by Stone Clode against other teams top line. That's what I was aluding when putting Campbell name in there.

I wouldn't match them up vs the other teams top line...and on the road I'd never start them inside my own zone....although Paille is terrific defensively and I'm sure Knight could be..

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
There's only one way he learns. You can only do so much in practice.

Put him out there and find out what you have, or deal him for someone you do trust to put out there.

Enough is enough.

The Bruins need to make quicker decisions...seems every highly regarded guy they have that doesn't pan out was kept around to long killing any value, like Hamill and Caron..

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Might be best to run Knight, Pastrnak and Griffith out there then try to upgrade during the season... I like Loui with Soderberg.

With you on this - I like their chemistry. Moreover, I think you need to get a shooter on that first line. I don't need to see Krejci feather great passes to Loui so he can hold onto them too long or fire a creampuff at the logo. I like him as a player but last year showed me he needs to be in tight to score.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
With you on this - I like their chemistry. Moreover, I think you need to get a shooter on that first line. I don't need to see Krejci feather great passes to Loui so he can hold onto them too long or fire a creampuff at the logo. I like him as a player but last year showed me he needs to be in tight to score.

That was the good thing about Horton and Iggy they were kinda puck hogs that wanted to fire it... don't want a third guy that doesn't shoot a lot on your top line.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I wouldn't match them up vs the other teams top line...and on the road I'd never start them inside my own zone....although Paille is terrific defensively and I'm sure Knight could be..

We are on the same page for that 4th line. A Paille-Spooner-Knight would be very fun to watch and would run circles against many other teams 4th lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad