What Teams are Most Likely to be Upset in Round One by a Lower Seed

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
I think Vegas could be one, as they have been seemingly overachieving all season, I think they will go as far as Fleury takes them.
Tampa could be another, as they have not been playing as well as they did in the first half of the season, and Vasilevski looks worn out which could break them.

Reactions: Rorschach

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Glad to see no one's picked the Bruins yet, but they are still playing well, will have guys back from injury (hopefully), and their kids have been playing like vets. Hope that part continues.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Glad to see no one's picked the Bruins yet, but they are still playing well, will have guys back from injury (hopefully), and their kids have been playing like vets. Hope that part continues.

Well their play hasnt dropped at all. Since December they have really been the best team in the league. Since that hasnt dropped you have to think they will continue that in the playoffs.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Tampa will be fine unless they get Boston or Toronto in the first round.
Is it even possible anymore to get the Bruins in the first round?

Also why wouldn't we be 'fine' with the Leafs? Not saying the series would be a walk in the park but we'd be the clear favorites in that series.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Wild beat the Jets in round 1.

Playoffs are a new thing for most of the Jets. One or two bad breaks can put you behind the 8 ball. After that all bets are off.

So basically I agree.

It's hockey and chances are 2-4 of the top seeds will get bounced first round.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Well their play hasnt dropped at all. Since December they have really been the best team in the league. Since that hasnt dropped you have to think they will continue that in the playoffs.

Part of me thinks the same but then part of me is like......

tenor.gif

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Vegas, for sure. There's going to be a lot of close matchups this year though so i could see a lot of this happening. If Leafs/Bruins happen it could go either way, I'm picking Leafs(mostly for homer reasons but not entirely) but neither team winning would shock me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad