What team would you want to win the lottery, if not Buffalo? (v2)

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
NJ. I'd love to see him in person often.

Like I was saying before - if there was ever a franchise that has had elite offensive players even less often than Buffalo, it's New Jersey.

The one that they have had is Kovalchuk, and he screwed them twice really. First by the contract he signed that cost them a 1st round pick, and then by "retiring" so that he could break his contract and go play in Russia.

The Devils and their fans would not be undeserving if they won McDavid.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
This is my "No way in hell" list...

Boston
Carolina
Toronto
Philly
Edmonton

If any of those teams wins Saturday night, I will have a surge of motivation to replace my TV on Sunday morning, in the form of a big hole in the middle of the screen.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Arizona Coyotes - I'm of the mind that the worst teams should get the best picks, so they deserve it.

Edmonton Oilers - The reaction would be hilarious, but I really don't want them winning.

Toronto Maple Leafs - Amazing rivalry, insufferable fans.

Carolina Hurricanes - Not very high on my list, but I wouldn't hate it that much.

New Jersey Devils - No.

Philadelphia Flyers - No.

Columbus Blue Jackets - One of the higher teams on my list. Good up and coming team, would be very, very good with McDavid

San Jose Sharks - I don't hate the Sharks, but it hardly seems fair.

Colorado Avalanche - Their forward corps would be insane, great to watch, and in the west.

Florida Panthers - An up and coming team, could make them very good. I'm ok with it, but hope they'd appreciate it down there.

Dallas Stars - Indifferent.

Los Angeles Kings - No, it would be incredibly unfair. The only plus side is that the league would get lit on fire and likely change the lottery because they'll realize it's ********.

Boston Bruins - **** No. Insufferable region of sports fans. Can't handle any failure at all because they've been pampered with so much winning. This is the only scenario where I'd be infuriated. Right as they are on the down slope, they get the best prospect since Crosby? That would be like New England losing Brady and getting Luck the next year.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
This desire for Toronto to have nice things is absolutely insane.

Toronto would be 30th on my list and they should be on everyone's list

I'm probably looking at it as a league wide thing as opposed to a Buffalo fanboy POV. Add to that - I don't hate the Leafs. IF they were successful I'd maybe hate them. If they won anything I'd probably hate them. They are a team I want to hate but end up just pitying.

Basically I wouldn't want McD ending up in a small market - which knocks out half the teams already. Then you look at the rest... I wouldn't like to see a bubble team like Boston luck out & get him - or a team already with a bone fide 'franchise player'. That takes out a few more. As the OP alluded to if you gave me any choice of the 29 other teams I'd say Minnesota or Winnipeg - but they don't have a ticket.

Finally I imagine it would be a nice thing for him personally as he is from the area & a Leafs fan.

Add to that the whole rivalry thing which would be awesome for the league as a whole... I think that is why a few have voted for the LEafs.

Sean McG

Dec 27, 2009
Niagara on the Lake, ON
It's Columbus or San Jose for me as well. I can honestly say I don't really care who wins as long as it's not Toronto, or Boston now. The rivalry would definitely be great, but the thought of all my Leaf fan fans getting a legitimate superstar that they 'stole' from Buffalo is nightmarish.

Thankstoo

Jun 29, 2013
New Jersey.

The one team out of the 14 that would most likely "seriously" entertain a trade offer to swap picks with Buffalo. Lou loves US collegiate players and moving down to take Eichel for a package would be right up Lou's alley.

Buckwheat

Jan 15, 2010
NY
Arizona first then Dallas. Maybe San Jose third. Do not want McDavid in the east yet alone the Atlantic division.

RiotAct

Panickin' 4 Hanifin
Feb 28, 2007
Old Dominion State
yeah if McDavid HAS to go to the East to a team other than the Sabres, I'd easily want it to be New Jersey as well. Love that team, and the fans are great.

Smittyx36

May 7, 2012
WNY
Columbus is the only other team I wouldn't mind seeing McDavid on.

Teams that make me wanna puke just think about getting mcdavid are the leafs, devils, bruins, kings, and hurricanes

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
For everyone here who is alright with the idea of McDavid going to Toronto, mosey on over to their threads and read some of the arrogant drivel already being posted. Now imagine that 100 times over and you're still not getting close to how annoying they will be if that happens.* :shakehead

*Disclaimer: I know not all the Leafs are annoying. But I feel safe in saying a majority are

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Arizona. Keeps hockey jesus in the west and away from ***** fanbases that I'd never root for anything good to happen to (like Toronto).

We also don't want him going to a team that's already halfway decent. The more talent he gets around him the harder it's gonna be for us to win a cup.

ZeroPT*

All the people who want the Leafs to win McDavid for the rivalry are wishing a death sentence on any hockey fan in ontario. If the leafs win the lottery I'm actually moving to Kenya. I don't give a ****.

Try living among leaf fans your whole life and then we'll see if you'd enjoy the rivalry. God thinking about it makes me sick. Oh what I'd give to see them trade up to 1 and draft Crouse. Oh my that would be great.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I'd prefer he ends up in the West. If he stays in the East, he either helps a basement team climb into the playoffs faster or throws a lifeline to a dying great like the Bruins. Either way, it likely provides the Sabres another team to battle to get into the playoffs in the next couple years.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
For everyone here who is alright with the idea of McDavid going to Toronto, mosey on over to their threads and read some of the arrogant drivel already being posted. Now imagine that 100 times over and you're still not getting close to how annoying they will be if that happens.* :shakehead

*Disclaimer: I know not all the Leafs are annoying. But I feel safe in saying a majority are

This is so true. No way I want him to go to the Leafs. If not the Sabres, I am good with Arizona or Columbus.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Florida, San Jose, Columbus, Arizona and Edmonton are fine with me. Their fans are usually civil and I liked that the Oiler fans weren't keen on tanking this season and weren't gunning for 30th. I'd actually like to see McDavid with Hall,Drasaitl, RNH, and Eberle.

Devils wouldn't be a bad choice either because even with McDavid their team is dreadful. No true stars on the main roster. No elite prospects. Lack of a pipeline. McDavid would not be a threat for atleast half a decade due to the Devils situation losing Parise and Kovy for nothing and Elias nearly retiring.

I do NOT want McDavid on the Kings,Bruins,Leafs,Stars,Flyers or Avs. As long as he doesn't go to one of those 6 teams I'm happy wherever he lands if it isn't us.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
If the Sabres can't win it I have no problem with him going to Arizona. We only have to see him twice a year, he's not our problem unless we meet in the cup finals.

Anyone but the Leafs.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
By tomorrow, the Maple Leafs will probably be in the lead....their fans are starting to vote on the poll.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Definitely absolutely Colorado.

Out west? Check
Good hockey market? Check
I don't hate them? Check

And that's all I care about.

You should speed this up to 2-3 polls a day. I'd love to know who the boards worst case scenario is :laugh:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I guess Arizona makes sense. Put me in the group that believes the worst teams should get the best prospects or top selections etc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad