What team would you want to win the lottery, if not Buffalo? (v2)

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
1. Toronto - the games against them would be insane. My season tickets against the leafs would double in price. maybe even triple.
2. Bruins/Kings - to show the stupidity of the NHL for letting a team who missed the playoffs by a game or few to get the top pick.
Regarding #1: this the exact reason why I don't want Toronto. Because people with this mindset will not think twice about selling their tickets and we would be coughing up home ice advantage and that's only the regular season. Imagine what tickets would be and what Toronto fans would pay for playoff tickets.

Not to mention that Toronto would be a huge roadblock to our way to the playoffs and Stanley cup and we face them 6 times.

For me I would say anybody outside out the division and preferably out west.

Wiinning >>>>>>>>>>>>>any rivalry.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
I'm a greedy man.
The second we sealed up McEichel. All I care about is the Mc.If we don't win McDavid I'm not going to like any of the scenarios.

I voted Arizona only because they're the next worst team. I hate the idea of a team finishing 9th in their conference winning the main prize.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Arizona Coyotes - I know we're trying to be all buddy buddy with them, and they do have some nice players coming up, but I think McDavid in ARZ would be such a waste.

Edmonton Oilers - do it for the lolz

Toronto Maple Leafs - Ughhh. Yes it would be great for the NHL, rivalry, my season tickets, etc, but imagine Leaf fans (the obnoxious ones so 99% of them) being 1 million more times annoying than they already are.

Carolina Hurricanes - ehh. Don't really care, but they're probably in my bottom 5.

New Jersey Devils - borrring

Philadelphia Flyers - new Crosby vs old Crosby divisional games

Columbus Blue Jackets - Would be a stacked team! A finally somewhat healthy CBus team went 12-0-1 to end the year.

San Jose Sharks - eh, don't care.

Colorado Avalanche - nah

Florida Panthers - fun team, but they won it last year

Dallas Stars - Seguin-McD-Benn would tear apart the league

Los Angeles Kings - no thanks

Boston Bruins - Hahahahaha
No
-----------
There's so many unlike able teams in the lotto this year. But I guess Columbus, Dallas, and maybe Edmonton I'd be cool with.

C Note

Jan 31, 2014
1. Arizona - They deserve him as much as anyone. Plus, I feel we have a connection with our tanking brethren.
2. Columbus - This would make them a beast of a team. Show the metro division how it's really done.
3. NJ - It's not so much that I'd like NJ to get him, I just don't have anything against them.
4. Florida - See above.
5. Philly - I think this would be pretty entertaining. Plus, I don't share the Philly hate that most Sabres fans feel.
6. SJ - Team is sinking. McDavid helps steer them in the right direction.
7. Edmonton - Their management doesn't deserve him, but their fans sure do.
8. LA - I like LA, but I don't like the idea of McDavid going to a team that just won 2 cups. Feels wrong.
9. Dallas - **** Dallas.
10. Toronto - I'd rather not deal with this nonsense.
11. Colorado - They already have MacKinnon. Let someone else get a superstar.
12. Carolina - **** Carolina.
13. Boston - **** everything about Boston.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
San Jose or Columbus.

I'll be happy as long as it isn't Arizona, Toronto, or Edmonton though.

Arizona, because I'm really irked that they are allowed to tank more blatantly then we are, yet catch no flak from anyone, but Buffalo apparently is outrageus. Also they aren't in a real hockey market, and if they can't get enough people to fill their arena without a superstar, they don't deserve one at all.

Toronto, because I hate everything about them. I hate the city, the players, the coaches, and especially the fans. The fans are IMO the most obnoxious in the league, and with all the drama of throwing jersey's on the ice, they don't deserve him either. Not to mention the fact that they are allowed to spam up the trade boards around here with horrible trades, yet a poster can't comment they are being delusional.

Finally, Edmonton. This is because they have already squandered 3 first overall picks in the past few years. They don't deserve another first overall until they can right the ship and prove that they won't squander another one.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
San Jose or Columbus.

I'll be happy as long as it isn't Arizona, Toronto, or Edmonton though.

Arizona, because I'm really irked that they are allowed to tank more blatantly then we are, yet catch no flak from anyone, but Buffalo apparently is outrageus. Also they aren't in a real hockey market, and if they can't get enough people to fill their arena without a superstar, they don't deserve one at all.

Toronto, because I hate everything about them. I hate the city, the players, the coaches, and especially the fans. The fans are IMO the most obnoxious in the league, and with all the drama of throwing jersey's on the ice, they don't deserve him either. Not to mention the fact that they are allowed to spam up the trade boards around here with horrible trades, yet a poster can't comment they are being delusional.

Finally, Edmonton. This is because they have already squandered 3 first overall picks in the past few years. They don't deserve another first overall until they can right the ship and prove that they won't squander another one.

I concur for the latter two, I think it's the fact for the last two seasons versus Arizona's one that they've been given a pass. Either way, I want McDavid, **** everyone really!

Moncton man

Jan 11, 2011
Moncton, NB
Columbus because they got the job done for Buffalo fans!

Not Arizona because if it wasn't for the league's meddling they would already have moved to Hamilton.

Not Toronto because their fans are already obnoxious enough.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Since we always win against San Jose the safest place for him is San Jose since we have their number anyways.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Yup. San Jose for me.

Out West. Don't hate them. They've had some Buffalo Luck in past.

Karate Johnson*

1. Toronto - the games against them would be insane. My season tickets against the leafs would double in price. maybe even triple.
2. Bruins/Kings - to show the stupidity of the NHL for letting a team who missed the playoffs by a game or few to get the top pick.

I don't need to prove a point this year.

Let a team like that win it next year when we aren't involved.

Karate Johnson*

Regarding #1: this the exact reason why I don't want Toronto. Because people with this mindset will not think twice about selling their tickets and we would be coughing up home ice advantage and that's only the regular season. Imagine what tickets would be and what Toronto fans would pay for playoff tickets.

Not to mention that Toronto would be a huge roadblock to our way to the playoffs and Stanley cup and we face them 6 times.

For me I would say anybody outside out the division and preferably out west.

Wiinning >>>>>>>>>>>>>any rivalry.

Exactly.

Screw Toronto, I want them to be terrible forever.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
Meh, I want Toronto to be irrelevant for another 10 years. I voted Dallas so McDavid can play with Seguin, Spezza, and Benn. I really don't get the whole friendship with Arizona, either. Couldn't care less what happens to them.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Arizona or Columbus.

Arizona because they are truly bad and should get a top talent, but then I'd feel bad for McDavid to possibly wither away in a terrible market...and that would be bad for the league.

Columbus because they have a good team on the rise, haven't been blessed with a top notch talent until Johansen, and have a good and growing hockey market...could be good for the league.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Toronto.

The rivalry would be amazing for years. He also gets to play for his home town which just happens to be the biggest market in the world.

Makes sense.

Karate Johnson*

This desire for Toronto to have nice things is absolutely insane.

Toronto would be 30th on my list and they should be on everyone's list

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad