What team only has good contracts?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd say Tampa, Colorado, maybe Boston fit the bill for the most part. Though Boston has Coyle a bit overpaid, and all the bonus money from last year on the books still. Colorado have Landeskog, which isn't ideal but if he were healthy, it'd be a fine contract. Tampa don't really have anything bad do they?

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'd say Tampa, Colorado, maybe Boston fit the bill for the most part. Though Boston has Coyle a bit overpaid, and all the bonus money from last year on the books still. Colorado have Landeskog, which isn't ideal but if he were healthy, it'd be a fine contract. Tampa don't really have anything bad do they?
I haven't followed them.. how is Vasi looking?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Arizona Coyotes. The Columbus Blue Jackets. The Seattle Kraken.

Pretty much any rebuilding non-playoff program.

Reactions: mouser

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Didn't they buy out Mike Reilly?

Yeah forgot since it only hurt them 300k this year. Next year (the last one) it’s 1.3m.

I don’t see how Coyle on pace to hit 60 points as the defensive matchup guy at 5.25 is overpaid.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1712446159894.png

Coyotes are interesting!

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Laine, Merzilkin, buried Roslovic and Gaudreau?
Gaudreau and Laine are fine considering that team has next to no firepower without them. They had down years but the track records of both suggest a reasonable correction when the depth improves.

Roslovic is in New York now. And Merzlikins has had a strong bounce back season.

The point is that the closer a team gets to being competitive. The greater the likelihood of bad contracts.

Add New Jersey to the list. Bad teams generally have pretty clean payrolls.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yeah forgot since it only hurt them 300k this year. Next year (the last one) it’s 1.3m.

I don’t see how Coyle on pace to hit 60 points as the defensive matchup guy at 5.25 is overpaid.

I mean, he's having a great year so i wouldn't call it a bad contract this year per se. But prior to the season, i think a lot of people viewed it as an overpayment, and if he gets bumped down the lineup, it could end up right back there again.

But that's the only one that really stands out to me as even arguably "bad" or "questionable" to me. And even that one is working for them at the moment. Which is why i listed them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad