What simple print-out would help you develop

HowToHockey

I want to develop a free down-load / printout to give to the subscribers of my blog, so I thought I would come here and ask you guys what would help.

I guess I am thinking something along the lines of a stat sheet to keep track of improvements and how much you are practicing.

I figure there could be one for shot power (would need a radar gun)
One for accuracy, easy to measure if using targets
Maybe another one for quick release, how many shots you can take in 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds

It would be cool to be able to track how many pucks you have shot in total and stuff, just something to encourage people to practice more.

What do you think? Any ideas?

Maccas

Aug 26, 2010
England
Sounds like a really good idea to me, the accuracy one would definately be of use!

I'd really like to see someone do a decent print-out of player positioning too (Different coloured Zones for each position) then I could make copies and superglue them to my team-mates visors when they start floating!

Wooty

Dec 31, 2006
Harbor City, CA
It maybe best to track activities performed instead of speed/power etc. If you practice things the right way, you should improve.

Explain how to do the practice, the elements to concentrate on, what to avoid, and a way to count how many times done.

You can break a skill down into smaller steps. For example, to improve shooting, you may just work on the weight transfer, just count how many times you do that.

Twenty One

Feb 18, 2007
I like Wooty's idea, along with the OP's idea. Maybe some how mix them both into one file and make it a file that can work on cellphones too, that way people could keep track of what they did right there instead of trying to remember it.

beth

Sep 10, 2010
Bellevue, WA
I like Wooty's idea, along with the OP's idea. Maybe some how mix them both into one file and make it a file that can work on cellphones too, that way people could keep track of what they did right there instead of trying to remember it.

I like this idea of making it a cellphone app. My husband has a weight training app on his phone that he uses to keep track of weights/reps. Something like that that you could bring with you to the rink on your phone would be cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad