What should the HF-DRW crew nickname Mo Seider ?

What should the HF-DRW crew nickname Mo Seider ?

• Total voters

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
What should the (we) the HF-DRW crew nickname Mo Seider ?

Upto 3 choices per poster, you may change votes anytime.

I realize he'll have a nickname (if he doesn't already) from his teammates, which we'll inevitably & rightfully adopt...but if we were picking Mo's nickname, what would/should it be?

Odin - Norse-Germanic Supreme God of Death etc.
Odin - Wikipedia
(presides over Valhalla & gets half of those who die in battle; there they train for Ragnarok)

...is a widely revered god in Germanic mythology. Norse mythology, the source of most surviving information about him, associates Odin with wisdom, healing, death, royalty, the gallows, knowledge, war, battle, victory, sorcery, poetry, frenzy, and the runic alphabet, and project him as the husband of the goddess Frigg. He is often depicted as the supreme Germanic god.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
What should the (we) the HF-DRW crew nickname Mo Seider ?

Upto 3 choices per poster, you may change votes anytime.

I realize he'll have a nickname (if he doesn't already) from his teammates, which we'll inevitably & rightfully adopt...but if we were picking Mo's nickname, what would/should it be?

Odin - Norse-Germanic Supreme God of Death etc.
Odin - Wikipedia
(presides over Valhalla & gets half of those who die in battle; there they train for Ragnarok)

...is a widely revered god in Germanic mythology. Norse mythology, the source of most surviving information about him, associates Odin with wisdom, healing, death, royalty, the gallows, knowledge, war, battle, victory, sorcery, poetry, frenzy, and the runic alphabet, and project him as the husband of the goddess Frigg. He is often depicted as the supreme Germanic god.
I have never heard of Nordic mythology being associated wih Germany before. That's Swedish, Danish and Norwegian

Reactions: Ratatoskr

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I already bought my season pass to Cider Town.

burns-baby-burns9.png

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'll probably only refer to Moritz Seider in 4 ways:
Mo
Seids
Seider
Moritz Seider

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
All hockey names are supposed to incorporate part of the first or last name and end with either "s", "y", or "ie".

Lame.

I wish we had more cool ones like football. Honey Badger. Muscle Hamster. The Refrigerator. Megatron. Ocho Cinco. Beast Mode. The list goes on.

We get gems like Great One and Golden Brett. Perfect Human? Cool, nerds. Great 8 or Ovi? K.

The best nicknames in the sport are either a billion years old or goalie nicknames. Cujo was pretty good. Dom "Dominator" Hasek. Bulin Wall.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Should have just stopped right there.

I'm not voting on any of these. He probably winds up with a lame nickname like Ritz(y) anyways.

All hockey names are supposed to incorporate part of the first or last name and end with either "s", "y", or "ie".
The Professor
Papa Bear
Tatar "Sauce"

just off the top of my head.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I have never heard of Nordic mythology being associated wih Germany before. That's Swedish, Danish and Norwegian

Northern Germany was strongly influenced by the Norse religion. Much of it was occupied by Danish culture. My family name which is unimportant originates from the Hamburg region and I can attest to this from research on that surrounding region.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The Professor
Papa Bear
Tatar "Sauce"

just off the top of my head.
There are exceptions to every rule. Press nicknames are not the same as what the team uses, I doubt anyone called Larionov "The Professor" in the locker room.

If you want a funny exception to the rule, Semin's nickname was :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Whereas his linemates had regular hockey nicknames in Ovie and Backis.

In the end, his team nickname will be something simple. HF nickname? Yeah you guys are weird, so it'll be some complicated pun that nobody else would get.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: