OT: What Really Saddens Me about the Karlsson Trade

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
True leadership starts at the top. It's funny that Dorion throws character and leadership around and forgot (or never learnt) that you gotta walk the walk before you can talk the talk.
Boy is dorion getting lynched here . This was a fair value trade for a player with questionable foot issues and probably leaving after a year. If norris and balcers pan out like they are projected dorion will be vindicated .

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Boy is dorion getting lynched here . This was a fair value trade for a player with questionable foot issues and probably leaving after a year. If norris and balcers pan out like they are projected dorion will be vindicated .

He brought his own rope, slung it over the tree, tied the noose etc etc etc. So the correct term isn't lynching.

If Norris and Balcers pan out even BETTER than their indicated we're not close to vindication territory. No top tier prospects, no top tier picks, not even close to a top tier roster player.

You want to know the real truth about this trade go read the San Jose's boards reaction to what they give up. They were literally laughing at that they gave up NO ONE of value save possibly Balcers.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
He brought his own rope, slung it over the tree, tied the noose etc etc etc. So the correct term isn't lynching.

If Norris and Balcers pan out even BETTER than their indicated we're not close to vindication territory. No top tier prospects, no top tier picks, not even close to a top tier roster player.

You want to know the real truth about this trade go read the San Jose's boards reaction to what they give up. They were literally laughing at that they gave up NO ONE of value save possibly Balcers.
This type of trade takes a few years to pan out . Yes right now sharks are winning the horse race but I've seen horses sprain their ankle and fall near the finish line. Give young horses balcers and norris to pan out . Let's see what the sens get with those decent picks also . Giroux was chosen late 1 st round where sharks are projected. Anything is possible. It's not clear yet.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I agree with you

Let the haters hate because no matter what Dorion does they will hate it.

The Sens had to move #65 because he was not resigning here. The day of the trade i was upset but now that i had time to calm down and take a deeper look at the players we got back im happy with the trade.

I will trust Dorion ability to judge talent before any posters here thats for damn sure.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I agree with you

The Sens had to move #65 because he was not resigning here. The day of the trade i was upset but now that i had time to calm down and take a deeper look at the players we got back im happy with the trade.

I will trust Dorion ability to judge talent before any posters here thats for damn sure.
Like I said before the sun always breaks through the hurricane sooner or later. Thanks . Go sens go. Hope the franchise turns around we need you guys.

Reactions: albator71

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
I agree with you

Lol just like that trade for Burrows??? Loll

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
I agree with you

I'd love for Dorion to prove me wrong- his track record is "very bad" in professional moves. He drafts well and can't win a pro trade to save his life.

And ask a bigger question- why wouldn't a great player who loves the city of Ottawa not resign here? You don't let those players get away, let alone push them out the door. Well I guess most organizations don't.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
personally I don't think young kids get too far into it to have all those thoughts

In my experience as someone who works with kids in the age range mentioned, you are correct. A lot of kids will jump to the hot team. It was Chicago for a while, now it's Pittsburgh. For the kids that are true Sens fans [I've always been disappointed how small a group that is in this city], they will be sad to see Karlsson go, but they won't overthink it. They'll mainly just repeat what their dad told them about it. It's the adults that are taking this much harder, as shown by this message board and on the radio these last few days.

As for the last line by the OP, I think with most kids, [particularly in the 5-10 range] if you told them things would get better and the Sens would return to their winning ways, they'd believe you.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA

Who gives a shit what Shark's fans think to be honest. that franchise always managed to choke in the playoffs so they can laugh all they want but in 4-5 years from now the joke will be on them Karlsson will be gone and they still wont have any cups and they wont have any draft picks and no prospects.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Dorion was over a barrel. No GM was going to give their top prospect for one year of Karlsson. I don't understand why that is so hard for everyone to understand.

I guess you can argue that Dorion should have moved him at last season's trade deadline but clearly the offers weren't that great then either or he would've pulled the trigger. It's so easy for all of us arm chair GMs to lynch Dorion but Karlsson definitely did not do us any favors.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Dorion was over a barrel. No GM was going to give their top prospect for one year of Karlsson. I don't understand why that is so hard for everyone to understand.

I guess you can argue that Dorion should have moved him at last season's trade deadline but clearly the offers weren't that great then either or he would've pulled the trigger. It's so easy for all of us arm chair GMs to lynch Dorion but Karlsson definitely did not do us any favors.
Yep I agree. Trade based on a 1 year rental period.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
In my experience as someone who works with kids in the age range mentioned, you are correct. A lot of kids will jump to the hot team. It was Chicago for a while, now it's Pittsburgh. For the kids that are true Sens fans [I've always been disappointed how small a group that is in this city], they will be sad to see Karlsson go, but they won't overthink it. They'll mainly just repeat what their dad told them about it. It's the adults that are taking this much harder, as shown by this message board and on the radio these last few days.

As for the last line by the OP, I think with most kids, [particularly in the 5-10 range] if you told them things would get better and the Sens would return to their winning ways, they'd believe you.

in my experience coaching kids in the 5 to 10 age range, 1/2 of them don't know the score of a game in which they played, nor do they care. Rec kids obviously not competitive

and few in the age range can sit still long enough to watch a full game

none in that age range are allowed up late enough to watch a full game

If kids in that age bracket are dissing on the Senators....check the dad...that's where they are hearing it....

same goes for a foul mouthed 8 year old .... they repeat the language they here at home

Reactions: coladin and SAK11

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA

You are so right but you are wasting your breath trying to make them understand common sense because they are so blinded by the hatred for Melnyk and Dorion that everything they do they will hate it. Other Gm's knew that Karlsson wasnt resigning here so they were not going to give us what we thought we should get for him.

Reactions: swiftwin

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
in my experience coaching kids in the 5 to 10 age range, 1/2 of them don't know the score of a game in which they played, nor do they care. Rec kids obviously not competitive

and few in the age range can sit still long enough to watch a full game

none in that age range are allowed up late enough to watch a full game

If kids in that age bracket are dissing on the Senators....check the dad...that's where they are hearing it....

same goes for a foul mouthed 8 year old .... they repeat the language they here at home

Came here to say this. The 5-15 age range won't be affected by this. It's the 15-25 range. Those for whom they really starting paying close attention to the team roster, cap, draft, etc around 2005-2008. Probably first becoming fans in the SCF/Pizza Line era, and having Karlsson as one of the first player's they've seen drafted by us. For them, Karlsson is like their first love. They're also old enough to understand the nature of why Karlsson got traded.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

It's not even that Dorion didn't get full value for Karlsson. It's that he didn't even manage to get a 2 month rental price for Karlsson.

He gave up a better prospect trading for Alex Burrows than he was able to get back in trading Kalrsson. Let that sink in for a second

Dorion is Mike Millberry level.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Good point. My son was starting to buy into a lot of the garbage on Sens Twitter. He really likes Senschirp as he is balanced compared to other malignant types like 6th Sens, SensNation, etc...there are just so many adults that are demented on Twitter

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Dorion is getting ripped because the return was abysmal.

If EK signs in San Jose we only get a 2nd as compensation.

HOW @#$%&#@ INCOMPETENT DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO NOT EVEN GET A 1ST FOR 8 YEARS OF EK!!!!!

Reactions: Tuna99

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2