What Player?

Rythashocka

Mar 21, 2007
Im not sure what player i exactly am like, so ill say this...

Im very fast, I am a good playmaker and can score when i get the chance, my 2 biggest flaws would be i dont like playing defense and im not to physical

koh19

May 19, 2006
Fribourg
I play like Sidney Crosby, with a bit of Ovechkin and Thornton.
I also have Iginla, Heatley and Malkin in me.
I'm often compared to Gretzky, Lemieux, Richard and even Howe.:)

Last edited:

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
Wade Belak, without the fighting ability.

623ci8h.jpg

Assets: Has impressive size and a great attitude. Works hard at improving his game. Keeps his game simple and can be counted on to stick up for his mates. Can play either defense or right wing in a pinch.

Flaws: Lacks mobility, which prevents him from remaining in the lineup on a regular basis at any position. Doesn't have an offensive game to speak of.

per TSN. Quotes me to a "T".

re-posted for emphasis! :P

flyguy1234*

What player do you play like. Try to limit to one or maybe 2 players, none of this, please.

I play like Alex Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby, and on as a defencive forward i'm like Brind'Amour.

Please don't have like 3 superstar players.

I play like Jarome Iglina, a hard-working leader, who will hit and fight. I score goals and make the passes.

What about you guys.

hell yeah u do i have gotten hit and fought u a couple times and i out weigh u by like almost 30 pounds

flyguy1234*

i play like donald brashear i love to fight chara (acept im not that tall lol) i play conservative defeince but will come up and lay u out

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I play just like Aki Berg!

Actually I don't think there are any NHL players like me.

Assets:
- Toughness/fearlessness
- Hockey sense
- Passing vision

Weaknesses:
- Poor skating
- Poor stickhandling
- Poor shot (all types)
- Small size (5'6)

So yeah, I suck, but I have fun damnit!

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
When I play goalie, I have a style similar to J.S. Giguere. I try to have perfect positioning more than anything else.

As a defenseman, I've gone through a transformation and its really hard to pick a style. Looking back, I started off as a mostly offensive-driven player, but not b/c I was lazy or not attentive defensively, but because I was useful as a fourth forward and my coaches used me like that. It's not like I didn't care for defense, but that it came secondary to offense. I was very talented offensively, and my size, strength, and conditioning made me poor choices for a stay-at-home type. I can't think of an NHL player like that. Perhaps Andy Delmore with less size, much less strength, a weaker shot and worse skating with more consistency?

Later on, I became a better two-way player. A pauper's Josh Gorges who is bigger and is willing to take more offensive risks. One thing I prided myself on was my awareness and decision-making. As I played more and more I became exceptionally good at reading and anticipating plays (albeit I never really played professionally) and understood my own limitations leading me to rarely make mistakes.

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Jarkko Ruutu... I would stand in front of the net and take abuse - didn't have a huge amount of natural talent and I could occasionally gwt a bunch of goals bounced in off my ass by some sort of fluke. .. Plus I am yappy.

MANGIOLA

Feb 23, 2007
i'd go ahead and name 3 that i follow.

-theoren fleury
-yvan cournoyer
-derek roy

short, quick, pesty, vocal, two-way set-up man.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
Depends on what position I play.

When I play forward, I'm a Mike Peca type of player. First one back. Defense...more of a Kris Russell/Scott Niedermayer type of player.

My D partner and I are "rovers" which is good in one sense, but our goalie says she ***** herself whenever she looks up and the two of us are behind the other team's net. But we're fast enough to get back and cover our *****.

Is one of the best open-ice hitters in the game, a gifted penalty-killer and face-off man. Has excellent leadership ability and always has his game-face on. Adds quality offense in a support role.

Tends to lose his composure at times, due to repercussions stemming from his devastating hits. Isn't a natural goal-scorer and must work extra hard for his points. His kamikaze approach leads to a multitude of injuries.
Yep sounds about right...

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
i like how this makes everyone sound so arrogant :D

for me..Brian Gionta...small, fast, good offensively and defensively

ive always played center and can win like 80% of the face-offs i take..but recently ive been moved to defense...im smallish but im a very good stay-at-home guy..clear the crease, keep my head on a swivel

hahahaha this makes everyone sound like we're on a hockey dating site :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: wow

spoon*

Like Patty Eaves.

Average height, right-handed shot. Average skating, great wrister, willing to hustle back for D. Feisty and I like to lay a few hits.

The only thing is that I would shoot on a 2-1 and stuff like that. I could pass but I prefer shooting and scoring :)

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Aug 1, 2007
Flushing, NY
I've been playing on and off since age 6. Started with roller, graduated to ice and never looked back. I played Division 1 Adult Hockey (non contact) and I was just called "The Machine"...LoL. Always came up with the big goal and had a knack for sending games into OT.

Defensive side of the game needed work but we weren't exactly playing for the Stanley Cup. Possessed good speed but would have liked to be stronger on my skates. Natural goal scorer with the ability to change gears and throw off defenders. ;)

2 knee surgeries later and a 3rd coming up this month...I haven't played in 5 years but look forward to getting back on the ice.

I mean...I'm only 29 man. I miss playing so much :(

-B

MacBeatsPang

Oct 25, 2006
John Madden before the groin injury, with a little smidgen of Claude Lemieux thrown in for zestiness.

Forever Whalers

Jul 15, 2007
Kevin Dineen--Not the most talented guy on the ice, but I always hustle and somehow manage to put up good point totals.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
The closest would be a cross between Jagr and Spezza. I am an excellent stickhandler and playmaker. I tend to get fancy with moves through the legs, toe drags etc. Good on breakaways, but most goalies that no me, force me to shoot. Better than average backhand. Even if you have a below average back-hand it still works good, becasue goalies never expect it. Decent shot. I have no idea where my slap shot is going as I play in a lot of leagues that don't allow slapshots inside the blueline, so I never use them. Haven't taken a slapshot in about 5 years. My snapper is pretty good. Average acccuracy, but better than average power. Average speed. Average defensive skills(as a center covering for D). No backchecking unless it is a game and not pick-up. Lazy. No heart. All offense.

caps8

Apr 9, 2007
The closest would be a cross between Jagr and Spezza. I am an excellent stickhandler and playmaker. I tend to get fancy with moves through the legs, toe drags etc. Good on breakaways, but most goalies that no me, force me to shoot. Better than average backhand. Even if you have a below average back-hand it still works good, becasue goalies never expect it. Decent shot. I have no idea where my slap shot is going as I play in a lot of leagues that don't allow slapshots inside the blueline, so I never use them. Haven't taken a slapshot in about 5 years. My snapper is pretty good. Average acccuracy, but better than average power. Average speed. Average defensive skills(as a center covering for D). No backchecking unless it is a game and not pick-up. Lazy. No heart. All offense.

That is a bit like me, except I play a pretty good defensive game once I get back into the zone. I am really lazy coming back.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
crosby/parise/zetterberg type player. Strong lower body, solid skater, quick hands, good at finding the open man and working in the corners. Dont shoot the puck enough

NMK

Feb 3, 2007
I'll say Ales Hemsky. I carry the puck into the zone and look for someone to finish for me. I like to slow things down and hit a guy with a pass through 2 or 3 guys. Although I can score if I shoot, I like to pass first. I usually run the PP from the half boards and average a point per game. I am very tough in the corners though, not much like Hemsky there.

wingnut22

Sep 26, 2006
Michigan
I think of myself like Ron Hextall near the end of his career. Not a great goalie, but decent, and I am way too undisiplined, I would take alot of penalties on an actual team, which is why I don't play for one, even if I would do pretty well on one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad