What Player Will Boeser Be Going Forward

What Player Will Boeser Be Going Forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
With many Canucks fans willing to entertain the idea of trading Boeser, I thought it was a good time to get a sense of what you think Boeser will be going forward. Do you think he simply had a down year and will go back to being a player who averages 30+ goals over 82 games? Do you think his shot is gone and basically isn't effective enough for you to entertain qualifying him at the end of his contract? Do you think that he's going to be a much more well rounded player going forward while scoring 25-30 goals over 82 games (which may be the direction he is heading)?

Personally, I think Boeser isn't the same player he as in his rookie season where he was a gamebreaking type goal scorer. I think he's trending more towards being a better all around player who simply finds a way to score.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
he needs to do what kesler did that year before he scored 40 goals and shoot 100 pucks every day leading up to camp.

He's still a good player but i want 30 goals dammit....

Baberham Lincoln

Nov 5, 2019
Toronto
I think he needs regular linemates and he scores 30. Green seems to move him up and down more than any other winger. Just my opinion.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
A lot of the time, it looks like a confidence (and consistency) issue. He can still rip it and shoot it but more often than not, you'll see him in a decent to good shooting spot and he hesitates and looks to defer the pass to someone instead.

He showed flashes of his old self this playoffs in like 1-2 game spurts when he was REALLY feeling himself. He looked unstoppable in those stretches.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I think he's a 30 goal guy that can hit 40 once or twice in a career. He needs to work on his skating but that shot is what will keep him in the league. Needs to work on his core strength and conditioning as well.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
35-35 guy moving forward IMO. Unless TT takes his PP time.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
30 goal scorer an important member of our core moving forward. He has the wrist shot or the snap shot that can end a game on the blade of stick. He will grow a long side Petey, Horvat, Hughes as one of our core forwards.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
He's lost his wrist shot and his snap shot. Hasn't had one since early in his 2nd season. Since then, he's re-invented his game to be a facilitator on a line with EP and serves as a complementary forward in that role. Perhaps more concerning, he's lost what little mobility he has, likely due to a back injury.

Can he recover? I guess it's possible because of his youth and his work ethic. But I wouldn't count on it.

To answer the OP, going forwards, he'll continue to be a smart complementary top 6 winger, probably good for 50-60 points if he's a staple on PP1 and lots of time on EP's line. He's a useful player to have, but doesn't really have the physical tools to play at a star level now that his biggest weapon is gone.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think he'll always be a bit injury-prone and I have concerns about his skating. But if he's healthy and on PP1 he'll keep putting up points.

I don't know which category of the poll that falls into.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
He seemed to have a shot unlike we've seen in a long time during the Minnesota series, and then as soon as that ended it was like he actively avoided shooting.

I think he has permanent wrist damage that will continue to reaggravate. I really hope that isnt the case though

Nov 1, 2011
I think he's a 30 goal guy that can hit 40 once or twice in a career. He needs to work on his skating but that shot is what will keep him in the league. Needs to work on his core strength and conditioning as well.

I agree with this.

That being said, does that make him worth his QO?

It will be $7.5M.

I say we trade him for Cam Neely (old school Barry Pederson reference).

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
He needs to improve his skating big time.

If he does this he can easily be a 30+ goal scorer.

He has the IQ, awareness and skills to be an elite offensive player.

Skating is holding him back big time.

Get Hovat's skating instructor on the line asap

I also think Boeser has a very under-rated play making side. He has really good ice vision.

I would still move him for a legit young top pairing or top 4 Dman.

Boeser for Werenski please!

Reactions: David71

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
this poll has a problem

It's not his shot that's gone, he's having trouble with his skating. He was good after the break but after a few games he was falling like he'd broken a skate blade, and he didn't have the momentum to get into key areas.

Another extended break will do him some good.

Reactions: m9

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Boeser was as well-rounded a player as some seem to think he is, he'd be able to play up and down the lineup and make every line he plays on better.

But so far he's proven only that he can play with Petey and Miller on the first line.....but not very good playing with Horvat or Gaudette. So unless he's scoring on the pp, I'm not sure how much he's going to be able to help this team moving forward.

I could also see the day when he gets supplanted as a scoring forward by the likes of Podkolzin and Hoglander.

Reactions: Yourwifeson

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He’s this generation’s Rick Middleton, and that’s a very valuable player. Sadly, our GM is likely to trade Boeser for help on D, because he missed on Juiolevi.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I agree with this.

It will be $7.5M.

That's the million-dollar question 7.5 actually I suppose. If we can get a top-four young RHD in return for Boeser I'd trade him myself though. However, we have another season to see what he is can always trade him the end of next season.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
A good Canuck specific example of fans getting too excited when a good young player breaks into the league and he's young so the sky's the limit, but as he settles in as a regular NHL player and things even out it quickly becomes easy to talk about moving him. Not necessarily in terms of play style but reminds me a lot of Jordan Eberle here.

...and off topic but lets hope there's no repeat here of what Edmonton did with Eberle:
trades Jordan Eberle to NYI for Ryan Strome
trades Ryan Strome to NYR for Ryan Spooner
trades Ryan Spooner to VAN for Sam Gagner
:laugh:

Reactions: CanuckCity

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
He's a bonafide top 6 forward, I think he averages 60-65 points per season but I do think he has a 70 point in him.

He's basically Patrick Sharp for the Canucks

Reactions: m9

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
top 6 forward but wont ever be a consistent play driver i dont think, 25-35 guy but as others have said hes a great complementary piece to have

hopefully he can work on his skating and his injuries can be managed better but if he does plateu i think we're better off keeping him unless we get a good package for him (maybe top 4D++ or something) or podz comes in and immediately matches or surpasses his production

i loved boeser and the only canucks game ive ever been to was the one where he scored a hat trick on the pens in november 2017 but hes just not that player anymore and is somewhat expendable for us

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I agree with this.

It will be $7.5M.

Qualifying offer doesn't mean much. It's not like his contract can't be lower over term. Boeser's not getting 7.5 if he doesn't improve from where he was at this year.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Boeser was on pace for 31 G 36 A 67 P per a 82 game schedule in his first 3 seasons. Good player peak really earlier now. I can see him getting around 70 points pace going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad