Speculation: What physical forwards on your team are available for low return?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Actually effective "physical forwards" are one of the most premium-priced commodities around the league. Especially at the deadline, or at an age that would really fit the NYR.

It's why we see cries of "overdrafted" on pretty much anyone who might become an effective physical presence that can play in your Top-6/9. Teams just pay more in the draft to try to find those players...because they recognize how expensive and hard it is to poach an effective one from another team via trade. You pay the premium at the draft, because it's huge if it works...and even if they end up middling physical players...they're worth more to teams. Same way there's a premium on effective centers, over wingers.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Jujhar Khaira is out of favour. Big, young (25) will fight, has decent hands, just needs a fresh start IMO. 1 more year at 1.2 after this.

if the Josh Anderson threads are any indication all it’ll cost you is a top 6 forward, and a first round pick :sarcasm:

In reality I’d ask for a third.
I've suggested Khaira for Gauthier before to Oilers fans and most seem to agree it's a fair trade. Wouldn't be an exciting deal but I think it'd benefit both sides as meh as it is.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Depends what you mean by physical. If you mean physically imposing and intimidating then nevermind.

If you mean, often finishes his hits, goes to the dirty areas, and occasionally fights then I may have something for you...

People will laugh...but namestnikov. Wouldn't cost much.

He won't be one of your most physical guys, but will be in that secondary category. During a scrum he has no problem grabbing a smaller guy and going with him.

He's gotten in 5 AHL fights and 7 NHL fights. He's 4th on the sens forwards in hits.

So i guess it depends on how strict you are with the word physical lol.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Jujhar Khaira is out of favour. Big, young (25) will fight, has decent hands, just needs a fresh start IMO. 1 more year at 1.2 after this.

if the Josh Anderson threads are any indication all it’ll cost you is a top 6 forward, and a first round pick :sarcasm:

In reality I’d ask for a third.
Timashov for Kharia?

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Depends what you mean by physical. If you mean physically imposing and intimidating then nevermind.

If you mean, often finishes his hits, goes to the dirty areas, and occasionally fights then I may have something for you...

People will laugh...but namestnikov. Wouldn't cost much.

He won't be one of your most physical guys, but will be in that secondary category. During a scrum he has no problem grabbing a smaller guy and going with him.

He's gotten in 5 AHL fights and 7 NHL fights. He's 4th on the sens forwards in hits.

So i guess it depends on how strict you are with the word physical lol.

It’s true that Vladdy is a small guy who tries to play like one of the big boys; the problem is he isn’t very good at it. He’s a surprisingly decent fighter and his willingness to stick up for his teammates is laudable, but as far as his hitting is concerned he’s the equivalent of a boxer who lands a lot of harmless touch jabs: yeah he gets credit for them but he’s not accomplishing anything with them. And his lack of lower body strength means he gets pushed around easily on the ice, especially in the postseason when the game gets more physical. He’s a likeable person and I’ll always root for him (except when he plays Tampa, of course) but if you’re looking for a physical player for the playoffs he’s the polar opposite of what you want.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Kharia and expiring ufa Manning for free. Manning can be buried meaning he'd only cost sub million remaining on cap. Edmonton does this to create cap for a deadline move.

I'd rather have a little cap flexibility down the stretch over a mid pick or returning 4th liner.

Reactions: JohnnyApps

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
I've been wondering as well if Khaira could have a fit in Toronto. You guys definitely seem to be lacking in team toughness (I'm not attacking, just opinion from watching) and he could help address that.
I've suggested Khaira for Gauthier before to Oilers fans and most seem to agree it's a fair trade. Wouldn't be an exciting deal but I think it'd benefit both sides as meh as it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad