What Pennsylvania Team Do You Hate Most?

Which Team Do You Despise More?

• Total voters

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's hard to say.

I consider the Penguins a bigger rival for sure and they're up there on the list, but it's way more respect for a good opponent than hate.

I find it hard to care about the Flyers that much these days with their run of really bad coaches and the fact that we've had their number a bit, although that can change.

I guess Pittsburgh out of these two.

I hate the Capitals.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Indifferent about the Flyers, I guess Penguins then. I don't really hate them anymore, but absolutely hated them during Sids younger years when he was a diving/whining machine. But he grew up, nothing but respect for him now.

Reactions: BLNY and bh53

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Flyers. I don't hate the team though. Dispise the frat mentality among so many of their fans. The kind of people who would yell at a player not wanting to fight to switch to figure skating instead.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm biased because I hate the Flyers and actually like the Penguins (or, their players) - but I'd put it like this:

- Direct rivals hate Penguins. So Capitals, Flyers - and a few other fanbases who had a lot of run ins with them. And then - because they've been very successful - a few others hate them on top of that (as some hate Chicago for their success, etc). But overall - Pittsburgh isn't exactly one of those franchises whose "hated" by neutral fans.

- Flyers are a franchise who is often hated by neutral fans in comparison. I'd put Boston in that category too. Toronto too, maybe Montreal.

So by default - Flyers are more hated. This may just be my own personal bias speaking though

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I don't really hate either. I like the Pens and Geno is my favorite non Devil. I've always really like Giroux and haven't hated the Flyers in a long time. I guess I'd go with Philly here

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Wait till the Flyers make a deep playoff run again. People will remember why they were so hated back in the day.
They’re not even close to what they used to be. No one is scared of the Flyers and hasn’t been in years. Their toughest guy is like Scott Laughton or Zack McEwan

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Kinda always had a soft spot for the Flyers and farely indifferent to the Pens, so I did not vote

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I hate Flyers fans more but hate the Penguins more because they've been a thorn in our side for 15 years and because my cousin is an obnoxious Pens fan that talks shit. Though on the whole Pens fans are super nice though, I have a lot of friends who are Pens fans because I went to grad school in Pittsburgh.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I don’t hate either team - non vote

Same here. Actually, I like both of them.

I like that the Flyers with their Broad Street Bullies ways were the only NHL team to manage to beat the Red Army that year.

And I'm a big Mario Lemieux fan.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Pittsburgh

A franchise that should've gone belly up 2x now but "magically" wins the lottery both times when a generational talent is waiting at #1
Completely unfair post—nothing “magical” about getting Lemieux. Tanked hard for that one! Crosby was lucky for sure. Also lucky that Fleury, Malkin and Staal were available in drafts close to the Crosby one. Don’t forget “colluding” with Jagr to get him at #5. hee hee

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't hate either, but the Ed Snider bracelet thing is one of the most pathetic things I've seen any fanbase do in pro sports so I'll go with them.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I don't care about either of them.

For fun I flipped a coin and it landed on tails. So I guess I hate the Penguins more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad