What Number Defenseman is Ryan Lindgren?

What Number Defenseman is Ryan Lindgren?

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Also, don't underestimate the value of a guy who can be a quality partner.

Not mentioning any names but I seem to remember another excellent Rangers defenseman who got taken to the sixth circle of Hell by his partner.

I think this is why ranking players or labelling them a number can be a bit fruitless at times, especially for defensemen. A defenseman could be great on one pairing and not on another depending on how they fit with your partner. Guys who can play well with anyone as well as complement a high end defenseman are hugely valuable, even if their ceiling might not be as high as some others. Canucks saw that for years with Tanev

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Feels like a #3 to me.

To me #1-2's impact the game on a wider scale, but he's a solid dman who is the least of the coaches worries.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

This seems like the right answer for right now and probably closer to a #3 than a #4.

He probably has a realistic shot at being a high end #2 but there are alot of guys in that boat.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Again. How is it possible the Rangers suck with all this talent?

Panarin - top 5-10 fwd
Fox- top 3 dman
Zibanejad- top 10-15 forward
Kakko- top defensive forward
Kreider- good top 6 fwd
Lindgren- 2D
Trouba- great defenseman, if not overpaid
Shesterkin- elite goalie
Lafreniere- took huge strides last year
Goodrow- elite role player

Or, half these guys are overrated as hell

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Panarin - top 5-10 fwd
Fox- top 3 dman
Kreider- good top 6 fwd
Lindgren- 2D
Shesterkin- elite goalie

Because we announced the rebuild in 2018 and the 2021-2022 season just started. Last season was the only year since then that we didn’t sell at the deadline and that was because we were right there for playoff contention. Zibanejad scoring 3 points in his first 15 games due to Covid and Panarin missing a few weeks due to a political hit piece slowed us down and we didn’t find consistency last season. We were only a few points out of the playoffs last season and were on a hot streak until Kreider, Trouba, and Lindgren missed the last 2 weeks where we had no depth to make up for them and eventually slid out of playoff contention.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017

Panarin - top 5-10 Correct
Fox- top 3 dman Without a doubt
Zibanejad- top 10-15 forward Nope, not sure who said this
Kakko- top defensive forward Going off of last years stats, yes, but more to see
Kreider- good top 6 fwd At times
Lindgren- 2D I could go around the league and name 2d that he is better than. I could name 3d that are better than him.
Trouba- great defenseman, if not overpaid Now your just making things up
Shesterkin- elite goalie Has been at every level. Let's see how he does at the NHL level.
Lafreniere- took huge strides last year don't know who said that. He's been a major disappointment
Goodrow- elite role player maybe that was his description last season with the Bolts.

Red headed step child is back infecting another Ranger thread. The obsession with the Rangers is disturbing.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Red headed step child is back infecting another Ranger thread. The obsession with the Rangers is disturbing.
And yet you just can’t help yourself. Your obsession with Devils fans is more disturbing

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Context matters.

This is the 3rd year Lindgren/Fox is a pairing.

And Lindgren is not getting traded anytime soon.

Graves is what he is, a 5/7 defender that got played out of position and when it was clear of what he was, he was moved.
Wait so Graves is a 5/7 out of position but Lindgren is a #2 lmfao

or maybe both are #4s who can eat minutes and play defense for a stud partner; yeah, definitely that.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Wait so Graves is a 5/7 out of position but Lindgren is a #2 lmfao

or maybe both are #4s who can eat minutes and play defense for a stud partner; yeah, definitely that.
Graves isn’t as good as Lindgren

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I call this sort of guy a "two-four". He's proven that he can play well next to a #1, but hasn't proven yet that he can lead a pairing.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
According to... what, exactly?
Expected goals for and against, shot attempts against, physicality, and consistency - to name a few qualities.

Both played with premier young defenseman, but only one is/was a core piece on their respective teams, and that is the younger player in Lindgren.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lays

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
W

Panarin - top 5-10 fwd
Fox- top 3 dman
Kreider- good top 6 fwd
Lindgren- 2D
Shesterkin- elite goalie

Suck? We are happily sitting in 1st in the Metro ;)

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
After a number 1, it's impossible to know what a number 2, 3, 4 etc etc are. There's no real criteria define the nuisances between them. Instead, i think it's much easier to say if someone is a top pairing, top 4, or bottom pairing dman.

I'd say Lindgren is a good complimentary piece to a top pairing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad