What music have you been listening to lately ?

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
If you're a fan of guitar, especially the Telecaster, and you've not heard him play, please check out Danny Gatton. This tune is a tribute to one of Canada's best guitarists ever, Lenny Breau, who died under mysterious circumstances in a swimming pool in LA. While Gatton's playing here is jazz influenced, the dude was a monster: country, blues, rockabilly, rock...he committed suicide in the early '90s

and just for the fun of it.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Pink Floyd Ummagumma

PinkFloyd-album-ummagummastudio-300.jpg

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I'm all over the place, musically, but hip hop is near the top for me as well. If you like more "alternative" style hip hop, nothing beats MF DOOM (RIP).

I don't know why, but that opening cover shot had me immediately thinking of a hybrid monster child of Dr. Doom from Marvel comics and Stewie from Family Guy.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I have been absolutely hooked on Yacht Rock since the pandemic started. And I don't mean any of that Rupert Holmes garbage they play on the SiriusXM Yacht Rock station, but legit smooth music. Steely Dan, McDonald era doobies, Toto, Lionel Richie, some Michael Jackson. There's just something special about that era, which was way before I was born, of all these creative minds putting out quality, quality compositions with some masterful instrumentation and incisive, introspective lyrics.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

I've been obsessed with this song. I think Anderson Paak is so underrated and Bruno is Bruno. Always on the hunt for new catchy R&B.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad