Speculation: What month are the Penguins out of the playoffs in 2019-20

What month will the Penguins be out of the playoffs?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Don´t worry.

Jim Rutherford on the Penguins' defense: "I like the way our defense is structured. We have the right and left shots where they should be. At this point in time, I'm comfortable with our defense."

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I mean I’m not sure I understand the question. The first month we find ourselves out of a PO berth? I’m going with October then, but that doesn’t mean I think we’ll be out of one by December or January. A team can go in and out of PO standings, so I’m not sure you’re asking the right question...what month do I think they’ll be out of a PO berth permanently? Probably March...I think they’ll be competitive but won’t make it....

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Don´t worry.

Jim Rutherford on the Penguins' defense: "I like the way our defense is structured. We have the right and left shots where they should be. At this point in time, I'm comfortable with our defense."

It’s so comical...he doesn’t really believe that’s the right way to judge a defense so it just sounds like the bs it is...

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
With Hall of Famer JR in charge, this team is never gonna miss a playoffs. JR just changed the culture, we are gonna be sooo hard to play against, fast team, 4 lines, hungry as hell, just painful for the opposition. And he also said that he likes our defense. So defense must be very good then, hall of famer knows his stuff. So good goaltending, supersolid defense, 4 hungry superfast lines. This shouldn´ be about making a playoffs but about something much much better. This team is back and strong. Right????

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
March. Just late enough to not even get anything as sellers at the deadline. If we are out earlier we actually have 2 nice pieces to sell in Galchenyuk and Schultz

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
What do you guys think?

Already done?

Annual Letang injury puts us in a hole we can’t recover from by December?

Malkin’s nagging lower body results in a total of 8 ES goals in the month of January?

Pens win the cup on the back of deadline acquisition David Backes?

Way to early to predict but this team is one of the stronger Pens teams going into the season than the past several years. Like I posted before the Pens are strong at every position besides 2 LD which I am 100% of the belief we will get someone for that spot by the deadline even if it is a rental like we did with Hainsey for our last Cup year. This Pens team is faster and more balanced than the team we had last year.

I won’t choose a prediction because that is pointless because way too many factors that can’t be predicted. Injuries, goalie hot at right time, are just a few of the factors important to winning a Cup. Also having your 100 point player get more than 1 point in 4 games is pretty important to making it out of the first round. Who would of predicted the Blues would win the Cup? They looked like a team that was going to be selling at the deadline and they end up as Cup Champs. Our team is better than the Blues and I don’t care what anyone says about that. Get hot at the right time you can win a Cup.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
March. Just late enough to not even get anything as sellers at the deadline. If we are out earlier we actually have 2 nice pieces to sell in Galchenyuk and Schultz

I am not going to waste my time to check if you happened to be one of the dozens of posters that said the same thing during the seasons we won our past two Cups. Half the board back then wanted us to tank for picks after 20 games in both those seasons. That is why I am glad we don’t have reactionary arm chair GM’s running the show or we would not have either of those past 2 Cups. This team is a very strong group. Go cheer for another team if you don’t like them and don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Good riddance.

Reactions: Dinfire

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Wait a second. Isn’t this where you came from!?
Yes and I left because of low content garbage like what you just posted. I was only there to begin with because it's a simple and effective way to get news. It's the only thing it's good for.

I never agreed with your opinions, and that's fine. We're different people. But now you're really slipping. This is a post a 13 year old makes, man. Like come on.

Most of the comments you post recently, you provide no rationale and don't research before you say talk. Like the Sundqvist/Blueger tenure in Pittsburgh comparison earlier, that was really really bad. You're just posting things to get toxic reactions, rather than having any intention of discussion. Why does this board need that?

This thread makes no sense either. How is this forward group any worse than what we iced in October? Is this not an improved bottom 6? And the defense? Maatta's gone, who you always complained about. Riikola's expected to be better with more experience. JJ was already here last year. Now we have Pettersson and hopefully Schultz doesn't miss 50 games.

So on what grounds do you think we suddenly fall off the map? All this is is a childish reaction to an overpaid signing of a depth forward you didn't approve of. Low effort post that won't generate anything good.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
I think that we could actually be better this year. I like that Galchenyuk is working for a contract. I think Tanev is a great addition to our bottom six, even if his term sucks. I like Kahun's potential. I'm hoping Riikola and Pettersson take another step in their development. Schultz shouldn't miss most of the year. I'm hoping Malkin plays better with linemates who fit better. Maybe Hornqvist avoids injuries and therefore produces.

There's a lot of little things that could potentially replace Kessel's power play contributions in terms of us being a stronger team. I think that the doom and gloom is a bit much. If we replaced Johnson with a remotely competent player I would see us being cup contenders. Of course other things could go wrong and we could be a lottery team, but we aren't as far from contention as people think.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yes and I left because of low content garbage like what you just posted. I was only there to begin with because it's a simple and effective way to get news. It's the only thing it's good for.

I never agreed with your opinions, and that's fine. We're different people. But now you're really slipping. This is a post a 13 year old makes, man. Like come on.

Most of the comments you post recently, you provide no rationale and don't research before you say talk. Like the Sundqvist/Blueger tenure in Pittsburgh comparison earlier, that was really really bad. You're just posting things to get toxic reactions, rather than having any intention of discussion. Why does this board need that?

This thread makes no sense either. How is this forward group any worse than what we iced in October? Is this not an improved bottom 6? And the defense? Maatta's gone, who you always complained about. Riikola's expected to be better with more experience. JJ was already here last year. Now we have Pettersson and hopefully Schultz doesn't miss 50 games.

So on what grounds do you think we suddenly fall off the map? All this is is a childish reaction to an overpaid signing of a depth forward you didn't approve of. Low effort post that won't generate anything good.

Well.

Our D is worse. Our stars are a year older. We have multiple question marks in terms of wingers. Every team in our division outside of the Canes got better. We lost an elite point producer and replaced him with a equally lame defensive liability who scores less and a 4th liner that had a career season.

Also, we have plenty of threads like this from time to time. You should’ve been around here during 2015..

It’s light hearted. You do realize the salary cap thread is called JR is the worst.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I am not going to waste my time to check if you happened to be one of the dozens of posters that said the same thing during the seasons we won our past two Cups. Half the board back then wanted us to tank for picks after 20 games in both those seasons. That is why I am glad we don’t have reactionary arm chair GM’s running the show or we would not have either of those past 2 Cups. This team is a very strong group. Go cheer for another team if you don’t like them and don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Good riddance.
I'm pretty sure you can support a team and still be critical of the moves the team makes?

You think Ottawa fans thought they would win the cup last year? And those who didn't had to find a new team to root for?

What I hope the pens will achieve next season and what I think they will are different things.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Do you intend to bump this thread after the season or do you expect actual speculation on the date of their elimination? I can't read that many tea leaves. But for the sake of bumping I'll say June/ Stanley Cup championship.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
It seems like every two years the doom and gloom posters come out.

I remember they were in full force in 2015. Then hardly posted for the next two years.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Well our roster is starting off better than last year. Plus I’ll assume Schultz isn’t basically neutered for the whole season with a badly broken leg.

From opening night we lost Brassard, Cullen, Hagelin, Kessel, Maatta, Oleksiak, Sheahan and Sprong.

We’ve gained McCann, Bjugstad, Tanev, Galchenyuk, Kahun, Pettersson, Gudbranson and Blueger .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad