What makes Erik Karlsson inferior to Niklas Lidstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
It's like people didn't just watch Karlsson carry the Sens within a goal of the cup final on a bum foot while putting on the best elite two way performance that we've seen in years if not longer......

The thread tonight are funny. He's not been very good so far this season. This should not be a surprise to anybody. He's got a random dead guys tendon in his foot or something. Give him time to recover fully.

Isn't It A Pity we have to defer to George Harrison??

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Sens are on a losing streak now. How is Karlsson playing? I haven't watched him lately.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
It's just a damn shame he was unfortunate with the freak injuries. With his achilles and heel intact, he would've been pure devastation on the ice for the opponents. Imagine his skills and with his godly skating intact? It's a damn shame, that's for sure. Now he's only one of the best players in the world.

With his skating before Cooke's idiotic move, he was matching McDavid. Now hopefully combined after his heel injury, he's only top10, if even that.

Because mobility with and without the puck is so important in todays game, I guess he would 30% better as a player than he is today.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Maybe Karlsson, Orr, etc had injuries because of their playstyle. Which is also why Lidstrom had an injury free career.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Is it really necessary to bump such an absurd thread title?

He hasn't been good.

Done.

Can we let this thread die now?

Agreed.

It's been nice not having multiple Karlsson threads on the main board. Though I'm guessing the Karlsson for Norris threads will return in a month or so and his current play will be forgotten.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Maybe Karlsson, Orr, etc had injuries because of their playstyle. Which is also why Lidstrom had an injury free career.

Perhaps for Orr, I wasn't lucky enough to see him during his career, but from what I've read and seen from clips he was targeted a lot. Karlsson is obviously a target as well, as any star player often is but the game has changed. Karlsson's significant injuries have been twice from a skate and once from a blocked shot. Other than that, he missed two games because of a shoulder injury, so I'm not not sure it holds up in the case of Karlsson just yet.

PittsburghPens8771

Oct 1, 2017
I'd take Karlsson over Lidstrom. Lidstrom, as unbelievable of a career as he had, always had superstars around him. (I'm not talking about 1 or 2. His teams were unbelievable) Karlsson has never had a superstar player on his team to help carry the work load. We can list the players on the Sens over the years if we want?

Karlsson has to focus on an O oriented D game because if he doesn't score, who else will? lol.

I love the arguments of "you must not have played hockey if you can't understand this" lol.. like you played D1 hockey...come on. Congrats on being a benchwarmer in high school.

People are so in love with these old-ish type players it's comical. Orr? Best of all time? lol well players say it so it must be true!!

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
It's clearly the facial hair that's the problem. :sarcasm:

i

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Is it really necessary to bump such an absurd thread title?

He hasn't been good.

Done.

Can we let this thread die now?

I thought it would interesting to discuss whether the struggles Karlsson is facing right now are similar to the ones Lidstrom faced in his career.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I thought it would interesting to discuss whether the struggles Karlsson is facing right now are similar to the ones Lidstrom faced in his career.

Get tired of speculating if Matthews is out for the season with crippling back issues already?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
This thread died 20 days ago. Karlsson being on a team that is experiencing a losing streak in November is not by itself worthy enough to regurgitate this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad