Line Combos: What Line Combos Would You Like to See?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Do not understand why you wouldn't promote Zucker with his game so far... also he plays the most similar game to Parise.

Call up Keranen, scratch Prosser.

Zucker Granlund Pominville
Nino Koivu Coyle
Vanek Haula Keranen
Carter Brodziak Fontain

Suter Folin
Scandella Blum
Brodin Dumba

PP1

Vanek Granlund Zucker

Dumba Suter

PP2

Nino Koivu Keranen

Pominville Scandella

or

Pominville Koivu Nino

Folin Keranen

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Vanek to me looks like the odd man out kind of like Koivu did until Zucker was on his line. The speed changes things and forces the other team to back off and opens space for everyone else. I worry that Vanek-Granlund-Pommer would struggle to stretch the ice and move around quickly.

Ideally, I think you win by spreading out Parise, Zucker, and Haula on those three lines. I know Haula got hurt right around the time Zucker got promoted, so I would like to see that when all are healthy.

JRJRJRJRJR

Aug 9, 2014
Vantaa, Finland
FINALLY. I have the solution of all solutions after every guy from the IR and/or illness comes back.

Parise - Granlund - Niederreiter
Work ethic, playmaking and goalscoring. Wingers with alot of straight line speed and drive for the the. Just what we need. Granny can't pass without other players making the move to open space. Nino and Parise can certainly find these spots, and they seem to have good chemistry with Granny. Nino also DESERVES the spot here.

Zucker - Koivu - Pominville
Speed, nose for the net and work ethic (again). Zucker/Koivu seem to be clicking well together, and Pommer did great with those guys vs. the Sabres. I would have Vanek here, but he seems to like the LW position too much. (Leaves us with serious "depth")

Vanek - Haula - Coyle
Size, speed and tenacity to control the puck. Coyle has shown great moves with the puck and seems to be some kind of a disher so often at rushes. Vanek needs to get his "go-to-the-net" -mentality back if this is going to work, but it will come, I'm sure. Haula, despite being a 3rd line C has the defensive and offensive tools to work with Coyle/Vanek.

Cooke - Brodziak - Carter (Fonz)
WhoTheHeckCares -line, but the 4th line has been a surprise in any form at the start of the season. Cooke seems like an essential piece in the line up, because of the chaos he causes. Brodz has surprised me with a new kind of skill and powerfulness as a more complete player. Carter also a big player when the times get tough. Unfortunately, I can't find a regular lineup-spot for "The Fonz", because of the depth...

D-pair 1
Suter - Brodin
The do-it-all pairing. PK, PP, 5on5. Whatever you need, these guys will get it done.

D-pair 2
Scandella - Spurgeon
A bigger 2way Dman, and the smaller puckmoving Dman. Can't see any bad scenarios with these guys on the ice.

D-pair 3
Folin - Dumba
Young, and eager to learn. Switch up with the vets once in a while so Ballard/Prosser get some game under their belt.

PP1
Parise - Koivu - Zucker
Pominville - Suter

PP2
Vanek - Granlund - Niederreiter
Spurgeon - Dumba/Brodin

By: 1 of the 2 biggest Wild-fans in Finland.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I still don't think Nino will play RW so I kinda like keeping the lines from last night and when applicable replacing Schroeder with Parise. That would technically put Parise on RW too I think, but idk. We'll see.

JRJRJRJRJR

Aug 9, 2014
Vantaa, Finland
I still don't think Nino will play RW so I kinda like keeping the lines from last night and when applicable replacing Schroeder with Parise. That would technically put Parise on RW too I think, but idk. We'll see.

Niederreiter played RW when playing on the fourth line, and that worked out nicely. :D

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
When Parise back just move Pommer with Haula and Vanek and roll with:

Parise-Koivu-Zucker
Nino-Granny-Coyle
Vanek-Haula-Pommer
Carter-Broziak-Fontaine

PP1

Pominville-Koivu-Parise
Suter-Spurgeon

PP2

Vanek-Granlund-Nino
Zucker-Dumba

Dont know about Zucker on a blueline, but I would like to get him on the pp too.

JRJRJRJRJR

Aug 9, 2014
Vantaa, Finland
When Parise back just move Pommer with Haula and Vanek and roll with:

Parise-Koivu-Zucker
Nino-Granny-Coyle
Vanek-Haula-Pommer
Carter-Broziak-Fontaine

PP1

Pominville-Koivu-Parise
Suter-Spurgeon

PP2

Vanek-Granlund-Nino
Zucker-Dumba

Dont know about Zucker on a blueline, but I would like to get him on the pp too.

Don't know if you heard Yeo saying: "Granny needs workers." OBVIOUSLY, Parise is the best "worker" in the team , no doubt about it, and has chemistry with Granny. Granny needs more go-to-the-net mentality, and Coyle just does not have that. So I could not disagree more with not putting Granny/Parise together...

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Don't know if you heard Yeo saying: "Granny needs workers." OBVIOUSLY, Parise is the best "worker" in the team , no doubt about it, and has chemistry with Granny. Granny needs more go-to-the-net mentality, and Coyle just does not have that. So I could not disagree more with not putting Granny/Parise together...

But Nino has that mentality. And honestly, it could be jus the fact we were playing the Sabres, but that kid line looked like it had a lot of chemistry. Possibly with no Vets around they stopped deferring to them or something, but the line looked great.

JRJRJRJRJR

Aug 9, 2014
Vantaa, Finland
But Nino has that mentality. And honestly, it could be jus the fact we were playing the Sabres, but that kid line looked like it had a lot of chemistry. Possibly with no Vets around they stopped deferring to them or something, but the line looked great.

Yeah the line looked great, but cmon. Parise - Granny - Nino. How can you dudes say no to that line?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Yeah the line looked great, but cmon. Parise - Granny - Nino. How can you dudes say no to that line?

I'd like the line, if it were me I would actually go

Nino-Granlund-Pommer
Parise-Koivu-Zucker

Parise-Koivu can take on any 1st line in the league. Granlund line can bum slay secondary competition.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
it was said up these, that Zucker and Parise need to be split up.

I don't really see why, although I'm not sure if Zucker can play RW, but you also said you'd place Vanek back with Koivu if he liked to play RW. No, just no. They're awful together. I'm inclined to agree with ThatGuy.

JRJRJRJRJR

Aug 9, 2014
Vantaa, Finland
I don't really see why, although I'm not sure if Zucker can play RW, but you also said you'd place Vanek back with Koivu if he liked to play RW. No, just no. They're awful together. I'm inclined to agree with ThatGuy.

Split up, because the other top line misses the speedy, hard-working winger it needs.
Zucker - Koivu - Vanek would be better than Pommer on Vaneks position. Pommer can't hit a fckin airplane hangar, even if he tried. Vanek, given the opportunities Pommer has had, could, in my mind put the puck to the back of the net. But Vanek is now the odd man out from the top lines and there is a reason for that.

Granny does not need the second wave that Pommer provides everytime. He needs 2 workers, crashing the net, and 2 guys with a lot of net front presence, by that I mean Parise / Nino.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I want Zucker and Koivu to play together.
Ditto for Coyle and Nino
Dumba needs to be tried on the first PP pairing till the he either fails miserably or Brodin/ Scandella comes back. I love the way he looks to fire the puck right away, yet is still open to passing.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
FINALLY. I have the solution of all solutions after every guy from the IR and/or illness comes back.

Parise - Granlund - Niederreiter
Work ethic, playmaking and goalscoring. Wingers with alot of straight line speed and drive for the the. Just what we need. Granny can't pass without other players making the move to open space. Nino and Parise can certainly find these spots, and they seem to have good chemistry with Granny. Nino also DESERVES the spot here.

Zucker - Koivu - Pominville
Speed, nose for the net and work ethic (again). Zucker/Koivu seem to be clicking well together, and Pommer did great with those guys vs. the Sabres. I would have Vanek here, but he seems to like the LW position too much. (Leaves us with serious "depth")

Vanek - Haula - Coyle
Size, speed and tenacity to control the puck. Coyle has shown great moves with the puck and seems to be some kind of a disher so often at rushes. Vanek needs to get his "go-to-the-net" -mentality back if this is going to work, but it will come, I'm sure. Haula, despite being a 3rd line C has the defensive and offensive tools to work with Coyle/Vanek.

Cooke - Brodziak - Carter (Fonz)
WhoTheHeckCares -line, but the 4th line has been a surprise in any form at the start of the season. Cooke seems like an essential piece in the line up, because of the chaos he causes. Brodz has surprised me with a new kind of skill and powerfulness as a more complete player. Carter also a big player when the times get tough. Unfortunately, I can't find a regular lineup-spot for "The Fonz", because of the depth...

D-pair 1
Suter - Brodin
The do-it-all pairing. PK, PP, 5on5. Whatever you need, these guys will get it done.

D-pair 2
Scandella - Spurgeon
A bigger 2way Dman, and the smaller puckmoving Dman. Can't see any bad scenarios with these guys on the ice.

D-pair 3
Folin - Dumba
Young, and eager to learn. Switch up with the vets once in a while so Ballard/Prosser get some game under their belt.

PP1
Parise - Koivu - Zucker
Pominville - Suter

PP2
Vanek - Granlund - Niederreiter
Spurgeon - Dumba/Brodin

By: 1 of the 2 biggest Wild-fans in Finland.
I like it.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013

What I was looking for is that when you have Pommer and Vanek together that maybe could spark Haula and Vanek. I didn't wanna split Koivu-Zucker, so it's easy to just put Parise there.
That kid line has evertyhing you want from a great line, so let's see how they play on the roud and if they keep playing like against Buffalo, no need to split them.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's tough to drop Zucker down lines with the way he's playing, but my guess is that's what is going to happen. I guess it's not the end of the world if he plays with Vanek/Haula, as he seems to add a spark to whichever line he is on.

Parise - Haula - Vanek is interesting if we don't want to break up the lines from yesterday, but I think he's earned his permanent spot on whatever we deem our 'top line'. Also it's really hard for me to take anything from yesterday's game. Yes, all of the lines looked good, but we playing a dumpster fire of a team.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Split up, because the other top line misses the speedy, hard-working winger it needs.
Zucker - Koivu - Vanek would be better than Pommer on Vaneks position. Pommer can't hit a fckin airplane hangar, even if he tried. Vanek, given the opportunities Pommer has had, could, in my mind put the puck to the back of the net. But Vanek is now the odd man out from the top lines and there is a reason for that.

Granny does not need the second wave that Pommer provides everytime. He needs 2 workers, crashing the net, and 2 guys with a lot of net front presence, by that I mean Parise / Nino.

Coyle has too and when he play like that he is just a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad