What kind of trades/trade deadline do you want Holland to have this season?

What kind of trades/trade deadline do you want Holland to have?

• Total voters

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Trade deadline moves depend on if Holland manages to ink some of our big names like RNH, Barrie, and Nurse. Maybe even a guy like Larsson.

If he can't I've heard rumors he will have to move RNH to at least get back some assets since he has really squandered a lot already with very little to show for it.

Even without the above I think the Oilers are better served staying pat than trying to load up on dead weights just for the sake of optics like last year.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
If you can somehow address the goaltending long term, go ahead. Otherwise, look to keep the powder dry and be able to enter the offseason with cap space. If you can move Neal for better than the cost of a potential offseason buyout; if somehow the opportunity to deal Koskinen arrives; if someone would take Turris off your hands.

If Tippett would play Bouchard and he blows the doors off and then someone offers a 1st for Barrie... :sarcasm:

asa

Mar 3, 2014
A cheapish defensive-minded leftie with a little passing ability to play with Larsson would be nice.

Ideally an impending UFA so you don't have to worry about the expansion. Guys like Nemeth, Staal or Merrill in Detroit. Maybe Oleksiak if Dallas keeps sucking.
A cheapish defensive-minded leftie with a little passing ability to play with Larsson would be nice.

Ideally an impending UFA so you don't have to worry about the expansion. Guys like Nemeth, Staal or Merrill in Detroit. Maybe Oleksiak if Dallas keeps sucking.
Is any of that better than Lagesson though?

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
If you can somehow address the goaltending long term, go ahead. Otherwise, look to keep the powder dry and be able to enter the offseason with cap space. If you can move Neal for better than the cost of a potential offseason buyout; if somehow the opportunity to deal Koskinen arrives; if someone would take Turris off your hands.

If Tippett would play Bouchard and he blows the doors off and then someone offers a 1st for Barrie... :sarcasm:

that would be a play I could live with - pick(s) and Barrie to get a goalie or a top six winger would be acceptable

Nurse bear
Lagesson larsson
Jones / Russell / Bouchard

may be ok for a legitimate starter or a good top six winger

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Righthanded defensive zonestart center who can win faceoffs and kill penalties and were’re good.
Doesn't even have to be right handed. Just needs to be self-sufficient. Aggressive puck pursuer.

Pavel Zacha or Nick Paul if you can get lucky and address things long-term. Brandon Sutter or Luke Glendening if you're getting someone cheaper. Poking around Nashville might be smart. Their guys all look horrible. If you're confident a guy like Haula, Jarnkrok, Cousins or Sissons can fill a need, they might come cheap.

Addressing the LD with a veteran PK option is high on the needs list, but it shouldn't be overly expensive. Marc Staal makes a lot of sense and is probably a guy who could be a decent partner for Bouchard or Bear.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'd take an aggressive approach, but would steer clear of short-term rentals that cost more than a depth prospect/late pick.

A long-term goalie would be ideal.

That might be all that we need to put us over the top. We have lots of reinforcements coming through the pipeline but nothing in goal unless Skinner, Konolov(sp?) or Rodrigue take big steps forward.

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
It will be interesting to see if Holland can fix the goalie situation next year. I can't imagine anyone taking Kosko at his salary and if we are looking for a legit starter, that is alot of coin tied up in 2 goalies. He'll have to be inventive to get us out of that mess (thanks Chia).

I think we need 2 legit wingers that can finish plays working with the 2 best players in the NHL. Both lines already have the puck hounds in Puli and Yamo but we need a couple guys that can put the puck in the net. I'd think about parting with Nuge and Larsson to free up the cap for this. I think we also have around 2.5m coming off the cap next season from prior buyouts. Maybe use some of that to offer Barrie a raise to stay here. I'm thinking a couple wingers in the 5-6 mill range.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad