What kind of trades/trade deadline do you want Holland to have this season?

What kind of trades/trade deadline do you want Holland to have?

• Total voters

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Been some interesting opinions lately, let's see what the board thinks.

Assume that all of the options include obvious trades being made if another team is crazy enough to offer a 2nd round pick for James Neal, for example.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
A cheapish defensive-minded leftie with a little passing ability to play with Larsson would be nice.

Ideally an impending UFA so you don't have to worry about the expansion. Guys like Nemeth, Staal or Merrill in Detroit. Maybe Oleksiak if Dallas keeps sucking.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
A cheapish defensive-minded leftie with a little passing ability to play with Larsson would be nice.

Ideally an impending UFA so you don't have to worry about the expansion. Guys like Nemeth, Staal or Merrill in Detroit. Maybe Oleksiak if Dallas keeps sucking.

Is Nemeth as good as the "hype" was for him when he was a FA? I recall people saying his underlying numbers were amazing.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Is Nemeth as good as the "hype" was for him when he was a FA? I recall people saying his underlying numbers were amazing.

He's been doing pretty well with the heavy lifting in Detroit. Better last year than this year.

His numbers haven't really been anything special over his career. He was pretty much a 50% guy across the board in his last year before signing with Detroit, but the hype might have come from him doing it with 25% offensive zone starts.

He's definitely an under-the-radar type guy that I think would be a big boost. Tipp clearly wants someone defensive on that pairing, so that likely means you need an upgrade if you don't want to see KRussell in.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He's been doing pretty well with the heavy lifting in Detroit. Better last year than this year.

His numbers haven't really been anything special over his career. He was pretty much a 50% guy across the board in his last year before signing with Detroit, but the hype might have come from him doing it with 25% offensive zone starts.

He's definitely an under-the-radar type guy that I think would be a big boost. Tipp clearly wants someone defensive on that pairing, so that likely means you need an upgrade if you don't want to see KRussell in.

I wonder if Yzerman would be willing to do his old GM a favour, lol.

McJesusSaves97

I see the light
May 17, 2015
Cowtown: Behind Enemy Lines
A legit 3C would be nice. I don't think this team is an add or 2 away from going deep in the playoffs (my hot takes are usually wrong, your welcome) so I would rather keep the powder dry. I like our D (don't think I have ever said that), but Lags & Bouch need to be playing regularly in the top 6...Tip will likely play the starfish though :rolleyes:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Stand pat. We're not contenders this year (imo) and we can't afford more AA/Green type trades at the deadline

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Righthanded defensive zonestart center who can win faceoffs and kill penalties and were’re good.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011

Hahaha, so basically Russell with more passing ability? Do you really think the team gives up assets for this instead of playing Russell? Not saying Russell should play everyday, give Jones and Bouchard some games too, but when when we need to limit goals, he should play and other players take up the slack going the other way.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Hahaha, so basically Russell with more passing ability? Do you really think the team gives up assets for this instead of playing Russell? Not saying Russell should play everyday, give Jones and Bouchard some games too, but when when we need to limit goals, he should play and other players take up the slack going the other way.

Do I think they will? No. Should they? Yes.

Limiting goals is pointless when you limit your own team's offense more than you limit goals against.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Right now I would rank those needs:

-Goalie (with term)
-D man (with term)
-3/4C who can PK (with or without term)
-Top 6 F (with or without term)

I would be okay trading our "future" (1st 2021/22, Holloway, Broberg, maybe even Bear too) if it meant addressing the first two needs clearly and conclusively since that has to happen anyway for this team to be successful. Our window to then make serious progress in the post-season is the next 2-3 years, with Year 3 when we need to absolutely be considered a legitimate threat to win it all.

It starts in net though, with a #1 the team can lean on for the next two years minimum. Add that along with a top two defenseman and the base exists for this team to be very good with the right supporting moves.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Addition by subtraction. We have young players in house that can outperform our veterans. Set us up for the future by trading players 29 and over for players under 29 at 2LD, 3C or 2G and/or replenish picks. If theres a perfect longterm fit at 2LD or G the 1st could be available, otherwise hold it and stick with hockey deals. If theres a homerun at 2LW would also listen depending on cost.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I voted to stand pat, but I could see us picking up a goalie similar to Forsberg. We'll see how March goes.

But there's always deals of opportunity. Like for instance, if we ponied up for Hall, and sent back Neal with half retention, something like that. So similar to the Anathasiou trade in that there is one eye on the future. Not just a rental.

But really, that just seems like move to make a move. It benefits us to see what we really have here.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Addition by subtraction. We have young players in house that can outperform our veterans. Set us up for the future by trading players 29 and over for players under 29 at 2LD, 3C or 2G and/or replenish picks. If theres a perfect longterm fit at 2LD or G the 1st could be available, otherwise hold it and stick with hockey deals. If theres a homerun at 2LW would also listen depending on cost.

Ennis is pretty much the only 29+ player on the team that might have some value around the league.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Ennis is pretty much the only 29+ player on the team that might have some value around the league.

dont you think Rice N Perry rhymes with a guy who is 29 and might have value? Smith might have value if we find a real prime-aged 1G. I could see Chiasson moved to clear salary for a younger player too sort of like the Gags-AA trade. Maybe someone with D injuries comes knocking for Russell. Theres also some dark horse possibilities like Kassian but obviously not super likely.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I don;t think there is anything that we really can do.

We have an overabundance of low lend forwards and dmen.

Really not worth trading assets this year for bottom of the roster players.

what I would do is listen to trade offers for one of our surplus dmen, Larsson in particular.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Doesn't matter. He'll get skewered on here no matter what he does.
I voted to stand pat, but I could see us picking up a goalie similar to Forsberg. We'll see how March goes.

But there's always deals of opportunity. Like for instance, if we ponied up for Hall, and sent back Neal with half retention, something like that. So similar to the Anathasiou trade in that there is one eye on the future. Not just a rental.

But really, that just seems like move to make a move. It benefits us to see what we really have here.

Yeah, we need a goalie who can step in for injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad