What jerseys do you own & which is your favorite??

Rizzo90

Nov 10, 2011
My lovely wife recently took all of our jerseys from the blue plastic tub ( we all have @ least one of those :P ) we store them in & made a display of them hanging them staggered as to see what each one is, on either side of our plasma screen in our "fan cave".
She is a native New Orleans girl & the only thing we have more of in our house than blue notes are Fleur Des Lis everywhere. It got me thinkin of each jersey, when I got it, which ones are my faves & why. Made me wonder if any of you all had any cool stories about your favorite jerseys & why you like them.
For example, This past season's fanfest She & the kids went ahead of me since I had to work the morning for a while , stood in line & got me a buttload of autographs on my Halak third jersey ( yes sue me, I am one of the few people who actually think that jersey looks awesome)
I took the train & met them over there. I was wearing my perron third, didn't get frenchies autograph THAT day but, I went outside on clark street to have me a smoke (I've since quit but glad I didn't before that day) only to find Bobby Plager outside havin one too. He signed on the "5" with a smiley face & was nice enough to sign my sons jersey as well as my wifes hat...later @ the rink tours david signed the "7" & asked "who signed the 5 on here?? I told him & he replied...way too cool...so I suppose outside of my wifes sobotka jersey ( her 1st one I got her @ valentines) I'd have to say my perron jersey is my favorite jersey I have, it's my 2nd fave blues item I have next to having Grant Fuhr's signed stick ( a stick he told me was one of his faves @ this years man show, asked me how I got it & I swear he seemed like he was almost gonna offer to buy it back , before signing it).

So, anyone else got a cool jersey or memorabilia story as we all anticipate a good long season?? ( and as I anticipate my new #91 jersey to get finished :handclap: )
Let's hear it blues fans!!:D

randysavage

Feb 24, 2011
I have my Backes with the A from 2 seasons ago, and I now have a Tarasenko jersey ordered.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I have an old white Demitra, current home Berglund signed, and a Shattenkirk third. Also have an older Flyers jersey with no name on it currently.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I own a Hull jersey w/ the C and just purchased a game worn Berglund Jersey. Would like to get both signed at some point and behind glass.

mistermorrison

Sep 18, 2006
en.mistermorrison.de
My favorite topic :laugh:

I once had a blue Tkachuk replica but since I sold it got only game worn jerseys:

2006-07 D.J. King - white set 1*
2006-07 D.J. King - blue set 1*
2003-04 Reed Low - white set 3
1997-98 Kelly Chase - blue set 1
(+ 2 IceCats and 2 Rivermen)

*) worn for the entire year

If I had to choose a favorite it would be the 97-98 Chase jersey, because he's the biggest name in my collection, it's his first jersey when he came back from Toronto and I love that style.

bobbyp6565

4th Line Goon
Sep 8, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Gamers -

Blues -
1999-2000 Kelly Chase Home NHL2000 patch & custom fight strap
2000-2001 Reid Simpson Home shortened fight strap - my favorite!
2003-2004 Reed Low Home abundant bloodstains on front

Peoria Rivermen -
2000-2001 Jason Lawmaster Home

Authentics and/or authentically-lettered replicas -

Al MacInnis Away "A"
Keith Tkachuk Away "A"
Brett Hull Away "A"
Tony Twist Home
Doug Weight Home "A"
Chris Pronger Away NHL2000 patch, "C"
Chris Pronger Home "C"
Cam Janssen 3rd 2009 Premiere Stockholm patch

Last edited:

Skew06

Nov 16, 2012
Hazelwood, Missouri
My first jersey that I ever had was a 1991-92ish Blues home (white) jersey that my parents got me when I was a kid. No name on the back, but it is autographed by Brett Hull.

I then have the 1996 Blues away jersey, got it with no name on the back. Thats back when Jim Campbell was good at hockey and he was my favorite player. Around the holidays my parents said they "spilled something" on my jersey and ended up taking it to a shop and got Campbell put on the back with his number for Christmas.

My favorite jersey came around 1997. My grandparents (who have no clue what hockey is) won a 1996-1997 era Brett Hull jersey from a bingo parlor LOL. It was the game quality Starter jersey, only it was size XL. Since I was 10 yrs old, I couldnt fit into it so it hung on my basement wall until now days where I wear it on the reg, perfect condition minus a few beer spills ;)

I also have an Osh 3d jersey, autographed.

Latest jersey was just added this past Christmas from my girlfriend, Steen home jersey.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Perron third I got a couple years back :(
Demitra jersey I got when I was a kid but is to small now for me unfortunately.
And I just got a Petro home jersey for Christmas (which btw, the blues have yet to lose since I've gotten it)

My favorite is probably the Demitra jersey because it was my first, and for the nostalgia.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Old white Pierre Turgeon jersey
Current third David Backes jersey

If Captain America is named the Captain of team USA, that'll be the next one I get.

Because nobody is ever going to top Backes for me, I think I'm going to start collecting jersey shirts. First one probably be Mr. Jaden Schwartz.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
MacInnis Away (A) Jersey - was and still is my favorite Blues player.

Drake Home (C) Jersey - because I wasn't a fan of anyone when we were that bad except for the team

3rd jersey I think I'll have Steen or Schwartz sewn in, eventually.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Backes (C)- 3rd jersey

Oshie- Home and away

Tarasenko- Away

Steen (A) - Home signed, home unsigned, 3rd

Kariya- 3rd (first Blues jersey I bought)

My favorite would obviously be the Steen autographed one but I never wear it for obvious reasons.

The one I wear the most would be the Backes 3rd.

The next one I'll get will be Schwartz home. Probably this summer when icejerseys.com runs a good sale.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Blank Home Authentic (the season ticket holder ones they gave out after the 2005 lockout)
Blank 3rd "Authentic" (fabric feels way different from the other one)
Tarasenko Novosibirsk home 2011-2012 Authentic

The Tarasenko is my favorite by far. Looks great and not many people have it.

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
Had a Gretzky home jersey in that god awful red coloring.

Backes signed mid 90s home jersey.

Home and Away current

Blues 3rd

Oshie black jersey from North Dakota Sioux (apparently I was on tv last game against Columbus)

Old Canucks Bure jersey that is rotting in the closet because I am too fat for it now ;)

Brez50

Mar 18, 2013
Central Illinois
My avatar says it all....birthday gift from my wife last year along with tickets to two games (Kings & Coyotes). Players come and go, but I'll always think of my wife when I wear that jersey.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
I own a Halak 3rd jersey, current away jersey, and I just got a Tarasenko Noviskibirsk 11-12 home for christmas.

Like the other gentleman above, the Tarasenko jersey is now my favorite it seems. I have not gotten to wear it to a game quite yet but I will be going to the Kings game on the 16th and plan to break it in there.

TheRyanExpress

Apr 2, 2013
Illinoise
First jersey I owned was an away clown jersey, no name on back, when I was 10. I've since, um, bulked up a bit, so I can't fit in that. Although my sister, who is 7 years younger than me, can wear it.

The three jerseys I've got right now:

Keith Tkachuk 1998-2007 Blue jersey
Erik Johnson Rbk Edge-Blue
David Backes Third Jersey w/ A patch. Got that months before he was named Captain.

Edit: I forgot to note that the jersey I ultimately want is a Turgeon 98-07 style jersey. I can't find them anywhere.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Tarasenko home
Schwartz home
Perron 3rd
Big Al road
Pronger home
Hull road

My favorite is a Demitra Lokomotiv jersey. He was my favorite player along with Turgeon growing up. After the tragedy, I had to get one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad