Proposal: What it would take for Jacob Chychrun

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
I know i know, wings arent ready to contend or even push for a playoff spot...sooo
What would everyone be willing to give up to actually get this guy?

Remember what it would take to trade for him would be HUGE, do we have the assets? would it set our rebuild back?

would an offer like:

Jacob Vrana (top line 25 year old winger)
Hronek (24 year old Top 4 D)
William Wallinder
2nd 2022

get it done for arizona? is it worth giving all this up? I think so... imagine

Edvinsson - Seider
Chychrun - FA (defensive D man like savard/oleksiak type)
Johansson - Stetcher / Lindstrom

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
I can’t imagine Vrana and Hronek do anything for the Coyotes. They want to be bad for the next few seasons, and neither of those guys are valuable enough to recoup the assets Arizona would leave on the table taking our offer.

I think any deal we make has to start with our first (unprotected) and Berggren.

Reactions: Nowotny and lilidk

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
I know i know, wings arent ready to contend or even push for a playoff spot...sooo

Remember what it would take to trade for him would be HUGE, do we have the assets? would it set our rebuild back?

would an offer like:

William Wallinder
2nd 2022

Edvinsson - Seider

Oh, I'm imagining, alright.

You know, I just got done cleaning up a huge pile of dog sh*t from my daughter's 25 pound lab puppy, still warm, and it actually smelled more like puke than it did sh*t.

And if I could avoid your proposed trade by licking my fingers, I'd do it.

I wouldn't trade Hronek straight up for Chychrun. The guy had one good year. You'd also throw in possibly our best scorer, and a good prospect, and a second?

Either you know much more about Jacob Chychrun than I do, or you're on the Coyote's payroll, and you guys are so desperate you think you can make something like this happen by drumming up a grassroots movement for it. Which actually sounds like something the Arizona Coyotes might try.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish

would an offer like:

William Wallinder
2nd 2022

Edvinsson - Seider

Probably firing up the hot tub time machine and Holland picking Chychrun instead of doing the Datsyuk dump.

As for the trade proposal; Yzerman does the fleecing in trades, not vice-versa.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld
Dec 26, 2019
Kamloops B.C
Oh, I'm imagining, alright.

You know, I just got done cleaning up a huge pile of dog sh*t from my daughter's 25 pound lab puppy, still warm, and it actually smelled more like puke than it did sh*t.

And if I could avoid your proposed trade by licking my fingers, I'd do it.

I wouldn't trade Hronek straight up for Chychrun. The guy had one good year. You'd also throw in possibly our best scorer, and a good prospect, and a second?

Either you know much more about Jacob Chychrun than I do, or you're on the Coyote's payroll, and you guys are so desperate you think you can make something like this happen by drumming up a grassroots movement for it. Which actually sounds like something the Arizona Coyotes might try.
Yikes. You have made that pretty obvious. As an above poster mentioned, our first and a prospect would start the conversation. Something I wouldn’t be willing to do if I was Stevie considering what we have for D prospects.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Ya no thank you. I have no desire to acquire Chychrun unless its a steal. The guy is too injury prone, and as he gets older that will likely not get better.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Man If y’all think getting a potentially franchise Altering 1LHD for a top 6 winger and an average defensman is “an over payment” y’all are just idiots

Reactions: Shortstuff

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
would an offer like:

William Wallinder
2nd 2022
Vrana is too important, teams need goalscoring.

Prospect pool is strong on LHD. It's just a matter of having some patience. Overpaying for Chychrun doesn't make sense.

I do really like the idea of using Wallinder as trade bait.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Vrana is too important, teams need goalscoring.

Prospect pool is strong on LHD. It's just a matter of having some patience. Overpaying for Chychrun doesn't make sense.

I do really like the idea of using Wallinder as trade bait.

A deal like that I think you really, really have to think about. I don't love it, which means Pheonix might kinda like it/hate it too. Seems fair both ways.

Seider/Chychrun/Edvinsson is a serious D-core for many years forward if you wanna pay them all. 10+ assuming no injuries.

I agree with the goals, but it's way easier to go out and find a winger vs find a top notch LHD.(IDK about franchise altering that was a little heavy.)

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
He's had one good offensive season. His numbers this year are a joke. He may get outscored by Danny DeKeyser.

No thanks.

Hes been injured and then had covid, only played like 20 games on the leagues worst team lmao
hes also 23 years old...

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
So uh.

The only reason this board is obsessed with this guy is that we could have drafted him, right?

Because there are like... a lot of defensemen in the league. You could make proposals for any of them. You don't have to be tied to this guy just because you recognize his name.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
We missed our shot at Chychrun. We got Hronek, Cholo and Weiss. Yeay!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad