What is your favourite NHL team goal horn?

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Edmonton's. There's a weird level of non-hockey nostalgia wrapped in that horn for me (same horn used on my favorite amusement park ride as a kid - the Bayern Kurve @ Kennywood).

Washington deserves their misery entirely because of that ****ing siren.

That takes me back a long time ago. Right next to the bumper cars. Haven't been to Kennywood in ages.

Washington's horn/siren is like fingernails on a dry chalkboard for me. I still grit my teeth every time that damn thing goes off.

Still love both of Pittsburgh's horns. Probably because since the late 80's I have heard them so much. :laugh:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Washington's sounds like something you'd hear at a carnival when you win a prize.

That's not a good thing. It's awful

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
St Louis. Enjoy your "Hey!" songs (I know it's Rock and Roll part 2).

I also like San Jose and Anaheims. At least the actual horns.

I hate Detroits so much that I like it. I can totally understand why a Wings fan would love it. It's intention is to get under the skin of opponents and their fans. I respect it.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I used to hate Ottawa and Edmonton horns but they have grown on me to the point where I don't find them too annoying.

Some feel super generic like Toronto and Boston but that doesn't make them awful. The only one I can think of that I don't like at all is Montreal.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Easier to pick ones that suck. Edmonton's and Winnipeg's are definitely the ones I hate the most. Like they just got cheap train horns on a classifieds ad. Honourable mention to some of the horrible 'deeper' sounding ones, like Anaheim

Arizona's horn is pretty good, but the howling and goal song are horrible. Favourite would probably be Nashville and Minnesota

Calgary gets bonus points for having flamethrowers

Last edited:

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal so far in 1st place that 2nd and the rest aren't even visible.

Le But (Allez Montreal) is the GOAT goal song. Their horn could be a fart sound for all I care. When Le But hits at the Centre Bell, it's magic.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I love Columbus for the cannon. That's part of the horn right?

I'd say it's part of their goal celebration, but not part of the horn itself. To me the horn is just the horn - goal song and anything else (sound effects, Tampa's tesla coils, Atlanta's flame throwers, etc) is considered separately from that to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad