What is your concern level?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm concerned about all the games in hand that many in our division have on us. Yes, the most important thing is that the Wild keep winning their own games. That's all they can control. But still..........

Not worried about that at all. We have points on the board... already earned. We're solidly in the race for playoff position without much risk of falling out. The games in hand is just a seeding issue that has another 60 games to get worked out.

I'd be more concerned if there wasn't such a gap below 8th in the conference. Vancouver is 9th (4pts behind 8th, 6pts behind the Wild) with same amount of games played as the Wild.

We've been doing that since 2000. :laugh:

News flash... every fanbase says that about their team. That's called league-wide parity.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yup. The difference is that the good teams have players who know how to dig deep and find ways to win more often than not.

As the Wild have done this year. That short handed goal was the gutty difference maker of this game. They found a way... they have kept finding ways in those not so hot games, as good teams do.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'm concerned about all the games in hand that many in our division have on us. Yes, the most important thing is that the Wild keep winning their own games. That's all they can control. But still..........

Colorado and St. Louis have 2 games in hand on us. After us, there is a 10 point gap between Dallas and ourselves. If the playoffs started today, we would be the 6th seed playing St. Louis. If we win on Monday, we would play St. Louis :biglaugh:

countrygentleman

The Kaptain Says ARR
Jan 14, 2010
Minnesota
Anyone else concerned that this is 2011-2012 all over again? Lots of parallels and a few differences. Like 11-12, we're finding ways to win; obviously that's a great thing. But we're not ever just completely putting teams away like the Blues, Hawks, Aves do. Like 11-12 we're consistently winning by one goal or in the shootout.

Our roster is much better than it was in 11-12 but it just goes to show how quickly things can fall apart. The Wild are not a truly dominate team, yet. Dominant teams average more than 2.4/2.5 goals a game. They know how to put teams away early in the game. I haven't seen the Wild do that once this year.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Anyone else concerned that this is 2011-2012 all over again? Lots of parallels and a few differences. Like 11-12, we're finding ways to win; obviously that's a great thing. But we're not ever just completely putting teams away like the Blues, Hawks, Aves do. Like 11-12 we're consistently winning by one goal or in the shootout.

Our roster is much better than it was in 11-12 but it just goes to show how quickly things can fall apart. The Wild are not a truly dominate team, yet. Dominant teams average more than 2.4/2.5 goals a game. They know how to put teams away early in the game. I haven't seen the Wild do that once this year.

You do realize that that team got dominated 5 on 5 night after night and this years Wild are if I recall correctly 3rd in 5 on 5 play. I think we've scored 36 5 on 5 goals and only allowed 24. Todays NHL is all about 1 goal games...the majority of games are 1 goal games, OT games, or 2 goal games with an empty netter...especially in the West which plays a lot tighter than the East.

No need to grasp at straws to create parallels that aren't there.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Not worried about that at all. We have points on the board... already earned. We're solidly in the race for playoff position without much risk of falling out. The games in hand is just a seeding issue that has another 60 games to get worked out.

I'd be more concerned if there wasn't such a gap below 8th in the conference. Vancouver is 9th (4pts behind 8th, 6pts behind the Wild) with same amount of games played as the Wild.

News flash... every fanbase says that about their team. That's called league-wide parity.

This. All this.

countrygentleman

The Kaptain Says ARR
Jan 14, 2010
Minnesota
You do realize that that team got dominated 5 on 5 night after night and this years Wild are if I recall correctly 3rd in 5 on 5 play. I think we've scored 36 5 on 5 goals and only allowed 24. Todays NHL is all about 1 goal games...the majority of games are 1 goal games, OT games, or 2 goal games with an empty netter...especially in the West which plays a lot tighter than the East.

No need to grasp at straws to create parallels that aren't there.

We've still played 14 one-goal games this year (9-1-4) .We still aren't scoring goals, just 2.67 goals/game, this is an improvement from the past two years, but nowhere near where the elite team scores. I don't care if we play 60 minutes in the offensive zone and still continue to win by one goal or win in the shootout. That means we're just one bad bounce, one defensive breakdown away from tie game or losing the game. Is that how the Blackhawks won the cup last year? Bruins got to the cup? No. They put away the teams they should. It's great the Wild are beating the bottom feeders but at some point we start to play the good teams in the West and I'm not sure our ability to win one goal games against the mediocre teams is going to be enough.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
If you were to tell me that we would win by 1 goal while maintaining our level of defensive awareness, I would take it all day long. This team is built on 2-way forwards who can score goals as opposed to teams like Chicago or St. Louis that have one-dimensional players who can net 40+ but can be defensive liabilities in relation to their shutdown players.

Come playoff time, defense is going to be key.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
We've still played 14 one-goal games this year (9-1-4) .We still aren't scoring goals, just 2.67 goals/game, this is an improvement from the past two years, but nowhere near where the elite team scores. I don't care if we play 60 minutes in the offensive zone and still continue to win by one goal or win in the shootout. That means we're just one bad bounce, one defensive breakdown away from tie game or losing the game. Is that how the Blackhawks won the cup last year? Bruins got to the cup? No. They put away the teams they should. It's great the Wild are beating the bottom feeders but at some point we start to play the good teams in the West and I'm not sure our ability to win one goal games against the mediocre teams is going to be enough.

Yeah, and St.louis has played in 10 1 goal games so far, Chicago 13, Boston 11, Anaheim 13...

Chicago last season played in 27 1 goal games on their way to the cup...so no, I'm not concerned about the amount of 1 goal games...at...all.

The Wild are just like everyone else. No team regularly wins by 2+ goals in the NHL.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey

For me more like annoyed, but I completely agree with what you are saying.

Now the Avs are off till Wednesday, WTF?:help:

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Now it depends how long are Grancious, Parise missing. Both gone same time this team is so much easier to play against. Yeo needs to react fast, change plan and adjust team somehow. They wont outplay/outshoot opponents anymore.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
Not enough information - must first know the real status of parise granlund and harding. If parises foot is badly broken, harding is sick and granlund has a severe concussion... then there's always next season.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Not enough information - must first know the real status of parise granlund and harding. If parises foot is badly broken, harding is sick and granlund has a severe concussion... then there's always next season.

if Granlund has a severe concussion theres always a next life for Kadri :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad