What is up with Alfie?

Skrymir

Jul 7, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
ynX4At9.png

uCuMBz3.png

If he comes back one last season it will probably be with the red wings.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
If he comes back it won't be with Ottawa....it would be classy though when he retires if the organization gave him a 1 day contract kind of like Halladay with the Blue Jays.

Not sure if that's an option within the NHL though.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Just know what was last reported. Last I heard someone wrote that Alf told the Wings he would only play for them (sorry no link). Don't know if they actually made him an offer or if he made a final decision about coming back. One would think that he can't leave his training too late if he plans to play and they would need a clear answer so they don't miss out on any FA. I didn't look at their cap situation but maybe that could be an issue too.

EDIT: My comment is moot now. Didn't know the wings actually spoke about him too. Guess that is the latest until late August.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
alfie i think wants to play, and if he does, it'll only be with the Wings, so if the Wings sign him, he'll play, otherwise retire. what's stopping the Wings from signing him is injury concerns.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
If he comes back it won't be with Ottawa....it would be classy though when he retires if the organization gave him a 1 day contract kind of like Halladay with the Blue Jays.

Not sure if that's an option within the NHL though.

He'll want that one day contract to be for 3 MM to make up for the cash he lost due to the back diving contract in his last year here.

Just kidding.

I hope this happens. It would help mend some fences both with Alfie and fans who would like to see lots of positives this off season.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
My dream is he comes back with Detroit and at the deadline goes to Dallas and wins the cup

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
He can get a bigger contract else where, but the Wings have leverage, I would assume because he does not want to be moving around with his family.

If he is willing to play for what ever they'll give him, and go year to year, I don't see why injuries should be a big concern. He still put up top 6 numbers last year.

x Karlsson x 65

Taste the Rainbow
Apr 21, 2014
Moncton
When hes truly retired and (if) wants to retire as a sen do this if 1 day contracts arent legal in the NHL

Give him a 1yr contract, mininum money, send him to the minors , therefore making around 250k, while essentially being retired cuz he wont play a game. I would easily give the guy 250k for what he did with this team. Its not like we dont have the cap space to do it.

Lol just pitchin ideas

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Same thing that happened the past 5 summers. Alfie retirement/decision watch is nothing new.

He thinks he's a legend. Too bad he left the one city that actually gave a ****. Good riddance you Favre wannabe. He can have fun watching his kids beat the leafs in the playoffs on their playstations. We all know he couldn't do it in real life.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Modano got a one day contract with Dallas, no?

Modano was a legend that brought a cup to Dallas actually two possibly maybe. And they stripped him of the c then booted him out of town. They wronged him. He earned that contract. As well as his name in the rafters.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Modano was a legend that brought a cup to Dallas actually two possibly maybe. And they stripped him of the c then booted him out of town. They wronged him. He earned that contract. As well as his name in the rafters.

People were asking if one day contracts were allowed.....

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Alfie definitely deserves one

Banner checklist.
Has he brought the city a cup? No
Has he broken one of gretzkys records or any other silly record? No
Might as well get ohillips and neiler up there while were at it then if Alfie goes up there.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
He thinks he's a legend. Too bad he left the one city that actually gave a ****. Good riddance you Favre wannabe. He can have fun watching his kids beat the leafs in the playoffs on their playstations. We all know he couldn't do it in real life.

Yeah time to get over it already. He's a simple athlete playing a kids game at the end of it. Unless he wronged you personally than there's no need to hold a grudge. I at least hope most of this fan base is over it, which I think they are actually.

He chose the decision he chose. The organization has as much blame about how the manner he left as he did when they insisting on making it all public about the contract talks and why he didn't resign with ottawa.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
When hes truly retired and (if) wants to retire as a sen do this if 1 day contracts arent legal in the NHL

Give him a 1yr contract, mininum money, send him to the minors , therefore making around 250k, while essentially being retired cuz he wont play a game. I would easily give the guy 250k for what he did with this team. Its not like we dont have the cap space to do it.

Lol just pitchin ideas

He'd have to be on a 2 way for that and Tim picks him up on waivers just to pull a joke on uncle Bryan or maybe he doesn't like Alf and he ends up retiring a Sabre.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00