TSN Radio What is the deal with Steve Simmons against the world???

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Did you know they have money on the internet now?

theyhaveinternetoncomputersnow.png

I mean, if Simmons isn't getting riled by these 'internet geeks' he should probably stop getting into public flame wars with them.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Small man syndrome.

Hacks like Simmons can't hold a candle to respected, knowledgeable, legitimate "insider's" like MacKenzie.

Simmons will shortly go the way of Howard Berger.

Can't happen soon enough.

BB

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Working a lot harder to make the same sort of living doesn't seem like a good thing to me. The ideal situation is to make as much money as possible by doing the least amount of work.

What do you find more appreciable? Being overpaid for lazy sensationalism or legitimate effort and thoughtful contribution?

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Working a lot harder to make the same sort of living doesn't seem like a good thing to me. The ideal situation is to make as much money as possible by doing the least amount of work.

The rich don't get rich by slacking off. Sure it would be nice to do as little work as possible but that's not always the case.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
What do you find more appreciable? Being overpaid for lazy sensationalism or legitimate effort and thoughtful contribution?

I appreciate people being paid to do their job. Simmons' job is to be sensational -- that's usually the point of columnists.

I usually find reading Simmons' columns to be less aggravating than reading many threads on HFBoards. If I disagree with him, I usually just think "Simmons is being an ass again" and move on.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
I appreciate people being paid to do their job. Simmons' job is to be sensational -- that's usually the point of columnists.

I usually find reading Simmons' columns to be less aggravating than reading many threads on HFBoards. If I disagree with him, I usually just think "Simmons is being an ass again" and move on.

I think this is a sensible view. I'm not a fan of Simmons but don't dislike (or like) him anymore than most of the media. I do find him interesting and he's clearly quite bright...just take him for what he is.

Durkin67

Dave "listen to me I'm important" Feschuk

what a goof

Is that something he actually said?
He blocked me on Twitter for posing a question he didn't want to answer. Another overly sensitive soon to be irrelevant member of the media.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Is that something he actually said?
He blocked me on Twitter for posing a question he didn't want to answer. Another overly sensitive soon to be irrelevant member of the media.

He and Simmons deserve each other. I saw a That's Hockey clip that featured the two of them and had to turn it off halfway through because the smarminess was too much to handle.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
yes, that's what happens when you get an actual job. which Steve has had for many years.

Well I guess it suits that a man with an obsolete point of view and perspective be attached to an obsolete form of media in newsprint.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Well I guess it suits that a man with an obsolete point of view and perspective be attached to an obsolete form of media in newsprint.

and yet here you sit, talking about him, and he doesn't know you exist. Your definition of obsolete is strange.

cynicism

Aug 13, 2008
He's an ignorant man who's proud of his ignorance and wastes no opportunity to boast of it. He's the perfect "writer" for the Sun.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'll make this prediction, Simmons will still be writing for the SUN, longer than Shanny, Charron or Dubas are still with the Leafs.

I wouldn't feel too sorry for Simmons.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Don't you know, its not about the quality of the material but how many people will pay attention to it. I won't read his material but I do get a kick out of watching him on TV because he looks like a hamster wearing glasses

Lol. One annoying hamster.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I think this is a sensible view. I'm not a fan of Simmons but don't dislike (or like) him anymore than most of the media. I do find him interesting and he's clearly quite bright...just take him for what he is.
My issue isn't Simmons per se, it's those that can't think for themselves, read something sensationalist and generally factually incorrect and use it for months on end as proof of something.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Simmons on TV this morning discussion the San Jose Sharks captaincy situation...

"You can't win a Stanley Cup with a goalie named Anti"

simmons_pic.jpg

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Simmons on TV this morning discussion the San Jose Sharks captaincy situation...

"You can't win a Stanley Cup with a goalie named Anti"

simmons_pic.jpg

Jesus, really? I don't care for his columns and rarely read them but don't hate the guy either like a lot seem to. But man, that's just lazy journalism.

Antti-Niemi-Stanley-Cup1.jpg

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
After they moved onto the next topic (CFL or something) he used his speaking time to correct himself. :laugh:

I am sure someone pointed it out to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad