Line Combos: What is the best possible line up for the Bs?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My ideal forward lines would like this (barring no trade).

Marchand - Krejci - Smith
Lucic - Bergeron - Griffith
Eriksson - Soderberg - Kelly
Caron - Koko - Pastrnak

I cannot watch Paille and Campbell for another minute. They are THAT bad. No offensive ability or creativity and they play like they are on the penalty kill at 5 on 5. Giving other teams 10 minutes a game of that is asinine at this point. So, I would take the kid line (OUR TOP LINE) from Providence and let them play the 4th line. Give them 8-10 minutes a game and don't use them if we are holding a lead late in the 3rd if you are worried about the defensive side of it.

1. Caron can play the PK.
2. Pasta and Koko can play either PP unit.
3. Koko and Pasta in the shootouts give us a chance to steal an extra point every night.
4. You can insert Pasta on any of the other lines to spark offense.
5. They already all have chemistry with each other, know the system and have been together all year in Pro.

Tell me, does anyone think this could be anything other than an improvement over Campbell/Paille/scrub?

As much as I despise Caron as well, I'm with you on Paille and Campbell. The entire Merlot line (not just Thornton) should of been put out to pasture after the B's loss to the Habs in 2014.

That kid line would be a massive improvement over Merlot 2.0

I'd suggest Florek over Caron though.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
If we aren't trying to make the playoffs, sure.

We need to trade this week or do something like this and prepare for next year.

How are those lines not trying to make the playoffs? Inserting Pasta and Koko over Campbell and Paille is a huge upgrade offensively. Krejci and Soderberg lines are both excellent. And though I would love to see the addition of another RW I think we should focus on adding one more top 4 defense-man as that is clearly a more glaring weakness now.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
As much as I despise Caron as well, I'm with you on Paille and Campbell. The entire Merlot line (not just Thornton) should of been put out to pasture after the B's loss to the Habs in 2014.

That kid line would be a massive improvement over Merlot 2.0

I'd suggest Florek over Caron though.

Reason I like Caron on that line is 2 fold. First, he knows our system as he has played here more than the others but he is also defensively sound and more importantly he has played with Koko and Pasta all season. I think it would be an easy transition and the bonus is the players are familiar with each other.

Merk57

Jun 12, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
I would keep players that work well together in pairs for the forward lines (Krejci and Lucic, Bergeron and Marchand, Soderberg and Eriksson, Campbell and Paille). With that as my starting point, I would experiment with other options. With what is currently available I would try:

Lucic - Krejci - Smith
Marchand - Bergeron - Kelly
Griffith - Soderberg - Eriksson
Paille - Campbell - Caron

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Krug
Barkowski - Miller

Smith has looked good in the past few games and to me is deserving of trying to slot him on that "top" line.
Kelly is pretty universal as much as I'd want to find him a new home via trade, I think he fits on this line much like Recchi did during his time in Boston.
Griffith is NOT a top line player but has shown flashes. Maybe he adds some extra finish to that third line.
I know, I know...we all would like to see the end of Caron in a B's jersey but at this point I'd slot him on my fourth and let other futures get the quality ice time he's eating up on in Providence. I'd also look to move him.

If Kelly and Caron could be moved, I'd like to see Pastrnak on the Bergy line and either Florek or Robbins slot in on the 4th line.

Bartkowski would be my other move especially since he's a UFA at the end of the season. The bruins will not likely keep him around with all the other signings that need to happen anyway.

I wouldn't expect big returns out of these roster moves but it would allow the team to feel out what they have and try and make more adjustments in the off season.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Hall-Spooner-Pastrnak
E. Kane-Bergeron-C. Stewart
Marchand-Krejci-Ryder
Smith-Soderberg-Eriksson
Lucic

Yandle-Hamilton
Ference-Boychuk
Krug-Tommy Cross
Chara

Subban
Svedberg

F'real:

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak/Smith
Kelly-Soderberg-Pastrnak/Smith
Paille-Campbell-next man up

Chara-Hamilton
Morrow-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid/Miller (healthy in that order)
McQuaid/Miller/Bartkowski(healthy in that order)

iReckless

Apr 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Lucic - Krejci - Florek
Eriksson - Soderberg - Cunningham
Paille - Khokhlachev - Ferlin

Chara - Hamilton
Krug - Seidenberg
Morrow - Miller

Rask
Svedberg

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Okay, here is my radical Idea:
Put Patrice on the first line as a winger.
No way this team finds a legit first line winger, so bump Patrice up there.
Pretty sure he played wing a few times in the Olympics or some other time when
he played with Crosby.

Build a the best second line you can with Marchand, Smith, Erickson, and Soderberg.
Have the 3rd line centered by Spooner or Koko.
Yes I know Clode will probably never play either, but it is a dream.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad