Line Combos: What is the best possible line up for the Bs?

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Just curious to see what posters think the best *possible* lineup would be for the Bruins right now. All players who are signed and healthy are in play, whether they're in Boston or Providence. I would consider players such as Spooner, Robins and Knight to be injured right now.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Lucic-Krejci-Loui
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Kelly-Yeti-Pastrnak
Paille-Spooner-Campbell/Griffith/Cunnigham/Knight

Chara-Hamilton
Morrow-Seids
Krug-McQuaid

Rask

Get a top-6 winger for the 3rd line at the deadline and move Kelly to 4th line C.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Zinovjev-Caron-Bochenski
Huml-Goren-Isbister
Nazarov-Hilbert-Wilson
Tenkrat-Reich-Mann

Tanabe-Jillson
Aitken-Myrvold
Gill-Moran

Raycroft
Grahame

Make it happen Peter!

Last edited:

Arthur*

Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak
Eriksson-Soderberg-Smith
Marchand-Bergeron-Paille
Kelly-Cunningham-Griffith

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Morrow
Bartkowski-Krug

Last edited by a moderator:

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Lucic-Krejci-Pasta(even better, trade)
Kelly-Carl-Loui
Paille-Soup-Griffith

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Lucic-Krejci-Griffith
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Fraser-Soderberg-Eriksson
Paille-Kelly-Cunningham
Campbell

Chara-Hamilton
Bartkowski-Seidenberg
Krug-Miller
Morrow

Rask
Svedberg

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
Lucic - Krejci - Griffith/Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Koko - Söderberg - Eriksson
Paille - Kelly - Cunningham
Campbell

Chara - Hamilton
Morrow - Seidenberg
Bartkowski - Krug
Miller

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Miller's play has been one of the only positives this entire season. It shocks me to see people leaving him outside of the top 6. I'd lean towards giving him a shot in the top 4, although the handedness of the players makes that a bit more difficult.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Caron-Gagne-Caron
Caron-Gagne-Caron
Caron-Gagne-Caron
Caron-Gagne-Caron

Bartkowski-Zanon
Bartkowski-Zanon
Bartkowski-Zanon

Vanbiesbrouck

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Once Krejci is back, there is no question Loui should be on that top unit for the time being until a replacement comes.

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Kelly-Soderberg-Cunningham
Paille-Campbell-Griffth

Chara-Hamilton
Morrow-Seidenberg
Krug-Miller
Bartkowski

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
What is the best possible line up for the Bs?

One that doesn't include Loui Eriksson

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Lucic - Krejci - Smith
Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson
Kelly - Soderberg - Griffith
Paille - Campbell - Cunningham

Extra: Fraser

Waive Gagne once McQuaid is healthy, no fear of anyone putting a claim on him.

Lucic and Krejci need a shooter, not a playmaker, so put Smith there rather than Eriksson as Loui is the anti-shooter. Smitty hasn't been tried yet with Lucic/Krejci yet and could work nicely.

M/B/Erik becomes your shutdown line that can produce offense. Didn't get a chance to gel first time around due to concussions and Loui getting adjusted to the system.

Kelly, to me ,makes Soda+ whoever really tick. Griffith can make plays and Soda seems to gel well with most wingers.

Pie/Soupy/CC good energy line, a righty and lefty who can take face-offs.

In close one-goal leads late in games drop to 3 lines and move CC up to 3rd with Kelly/Soda to help protect the lead and drop Griff to 4th.

Chara - Seidenberg
Morrow - Hamilton
Krug - McQuaid/Miller

Full time extra: Bartowski

Times are getting tough in Bruinland, Bruins don't have the luxury of saving Chara/Seids for the playoffs anymore. Get them together for a shutdown pair. Proven successful tandem.

Hamilton to me is more assertive and confident as the "veteran" of the pair rather than the "apprentice" that he is when paired with Chara or Seids. Looked good paired with Morrow for a brief time. Don't like the Chara-Hamilton pairing at all.

Keep Krug as the full-time #5 and switch out McQuaid and Miller depending on the opponent. Big heavy teams use Quaider, smaller quicker teams like the Habs use Miller as he is the better skater.

Rask
Svedberg

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
Lucic - Krejci - Griffith/Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Koko - Söderberg - Eriksson
Paille - Kelly - Cunningham
Campbell

Chara - Hamilton
Morrow - Seidenberg
Bartkowski - Krug
Miller

I'm on board with this. I'd probably trade Kelly and have Spooner in there on the 4th line though.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
Lucic - Krejci - Smith
Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson
Kelly - Soderberg - Griffith
Paille - Campbell - Cunningham

Extra: Fraser

Waive Gagne once McQuaid is healthy, no fear of anyone putting a claim on him.

Lucic and Krejci need a shooter, not a playmaker, so put Smith there rather than Eriksson as Loui is the anti-shooter. Smitty hasn't been tried yet with Lucic/Krejci yet and could work nicely.

M/B/Erik becomes your shutdown line that can produce offense. Didn't get a chance to gel first time around due to concussions and Loui getting adjusted to the system.

Kelly, to me ,makes Soda+ whoever really tick. Griffith can make plays and Soda seems to gel well with most wingers.

Pie/Soupy/CC good energy line, a righty and lefty who can take face-offs.

In close one-goal leads late in games drop to 3 lines and move CC up to 3rd with Kelly/Soda to help protect the lead and drop Griff to 4th.

Chara - Seidenberg
Morrow - Hamilton
Krug - McQuaid/Miller

Full time extra: Bartowski

Times are getting tough in Bruinland, Bruins don't have the luxury of saving Chara/Seids for the playoffs anymore. Get them together for a shutdown pair. Proven successful tandem.

Hamilton to me is more assertive and confident as the "veteran" of the pair rather than the "apprentice" that he is when paired with Chara or Seids. Looked good paired with Morrow for a brief time. Don't like the Chara-Hamilton pairing at all.

Keep Krug as the full-time #5 and switch out McQuaid and Miller depending on the opponent. Big heavy teams use Quaider, smaller quicker teams like the Habs use Miller as he is the better skater.

Rask
Svedberg

So you want 3 third lines? NO THANK YOU. I never want Loui with Bergeron or Marchand again. EVER. Smith plays just fine with them. Don't fix what isn't broken, especially when Loui Eriksson is the tool to fix it. sigh.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So you want 3 third lines? NO THANK YOU. I never want Loui with Bergeron or Marchand again. EVER. Smith plays just fine with them. Don't fix what isn't broken, especially when Loui Eriksson is the tool to fix it. sigh.

Not sure how Lucic - Krejci - Smith would be considered 3rd line calibur, or Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson for that matter. What we have now even when Krejci was healthy was three 3rd lines. This puts their 4 best offensive wingers on the top 2 lines.

The alternative is Loui with Krejci and Lucic so we can watch the 3 of them pass the puck back and forth to each other with all of them afraid to shoot it. They need a SHOOTER, of which Boston arguably has 2, Marchand and Smith, only one plays RW. You never know Smith might be the answer to the RW question mark on the top line.

boss3252

Oct 14, 2007
Lucic - Krecji - Pastrnak

Marchand- Bergeron- Smith

Eriksson - Soderberg- Griffith

Paille- Campbell- Kelly

Chara- Hamilton
Seidenberg- Morrow
Krug- Miller

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
chara should be paired with siedes asap.

i think pasta should go to 1st line rw when krej comes back.
those should be two immediate moves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad