What is the best case scenario for deadline day?

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto
Reimer gone, Bozak gone, JVR gone, Lupul gone, Bernier injured, Komarov 20 game suspension for decking next ref who doesn't call hit to the head on him, Kadri injured, Grabner gone, Polak gone for a 2nd, PAP gone for a second, etc etc etc

Leafsbeast*

Reimer gone, Bozak gone, JVR gone, Lupul gone, Bernier injured, Komarov 20 game suspension for decking next ref who doesn't call hit to the head on him, Kadri injured, Grabner gone, Polak gone for a 2nd, PAP gone for a second, etc etc etc

^

this

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Polak for a 2nd +
PAP for a 3rd +
Boyes for late pick
Bozak for a young roster player (defence most wanted)
Bernier for a pick

long shot
Komarov+ for a 1st+prospect
Kadri in a change of scenery swap for an equally skilled dman

In reality we'll probably see 2-3 worth while trades from the Leafs and a couple really minor ones.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

And a trade for McDavid giving up all our draft picks this season and a dozen players to be named later.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
What is the obsession with trading Bozak at all costs? We need players next season. More then we need Cs so Willy isnt thrown to wolves next season.

If someone wants to overpay for him, then fine. But im not giving him away for nothing.

Best case for me is moving one or both of the goalies, and all of the remaining UFAs for good deals.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
If we can add 2 more top60 picks (PAP, Polak, Reimer) I would be over the moon. That gives us 5, more than enough to add some great pieces.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
We just need to be realistic, if we acquire another 2nd, a 3rd and prospect or two I am going to be happy

We still need roster to fill in, and there is always time to trade the remaining roster players at some point (not necessarily this deadline), we can't just trade for nothing, there has to be value

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Best case? Adding another first round pick, and a couple of second rounders .. Or the prospect equivalent of.. Being as realistic as possible anyway

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Reimer, Bernier, Polak, Parenteau, Grabner, Bozak and Lupul all recycled into futures.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
What is the obsession with trading Bozak at all costs? We need players next season. More then we need Cs so Willy isnt thrown to wolves next season.

If someone wants to overpay for him, then fine. But im not giving him away for nothing.

Best case for me is moving one or both of the goalies, and all of the remaining UFAs for good deals.

Aside from Rielly, leaf fans would trade the entire team for picks. At least mgmt is smarter than most fans.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
JVR for 133% of the Bobby Ryan deal (Top 10 1st, 2x prospects).

Lupul @ 50% for 2nd + prospect

Kadri for Dumba (or similar type deal).

Gardiner + for Drouin

Polak for 2nd 2017
Parenteau for 2nd 2017
Grabner for 2x 4ths 2017
Clune + pick, Spaling + prospect for better plugs for next year

BERNIER + 2x 2nds for Calgary 1st + Ramo

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Aside from Rielly, leaf fans would trade the entire team for picks. At least mgmt is smarter than most fans.

He is not against trading any roster players, but there is to be some kind of value and he is right you can not expose your rookies without some experienced roster players

You can not give 20 plus minutes to Nylander or any other prospects in their 1st NHL season

We need to be realistic not emotional

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

He occupies a lot of the ice time people want Nylander in.

He plays sheltered offensive minutes with good offensive linemates.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

For me, I want Bozak gone just as much as I want any guy from the previous regime gone. Except for Rielly. It's about moving on. They showed who they really are in previous seasons.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Best case scenario for me would be getting another first round pick somehow.

Other than that just be sure to move all our upcoming UFA's. Secondary objective of dealing either of Lupul or Bozak just to separate ourselves from that past regime even more. Though if both stay past this deadline I don't really care.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
And a trade for McDavid giving up all our draft picks this season and a dozen players to be named later.

I will double down with Jake and Percy for McDavid.
Bozak and PAP for Stamkos, protected 1st rounder in 16, and 3rd rounder in 17.
Kadri for Subban.
Polak for a 2nd.
Maricin for a 3rd.
Grabner for a 3rd.
Boyes for a 4th.
Arcobello for a 3rd.
Spaling for a 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad