What is Sean Walker?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings would be crazy to draft Askarov in the top five with a potential #1 defenseman available.

Walker - Doughty
Bjornfot - Drysdale
Anderson - Durzi

I like it. Clague's gonna be Hickey'd sooner than later, I bet.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Kings would be crazy to draft Askarov in the top five with a potential #1 defenseman available.

Walker - Doughty
Bjornfot - Drysdale
Anderson - Durzi

Could be.

Still surprised Clague is just -3 because he seems to be on the ice with every goal against.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hi guys.

Which one is better defensively/offensively, Walker or Matt Roy.

Which one has better career potential?

Seems like quite equal competition between them.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Hi guys.

Which one is better defensively/offensively, Walker or Matt Roy.

Which one has better career potential?

Seems like quite equal competition between them.

Walker is better offensively and Roy better defensively. Personally I think Walker has better potential and has a dynamic element that Roy doesn't have. On a good team Roy is probably a 7th defenseman and Walker is probably like a 5 or a 6. I give a lot of credit to both because they were undrafted/late round picks and have come a long way.

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019

Walker - Doughty
Bjornfot - Drysdale
Anderson - Durzi

Not crazy about pairing another right hander with Doughty. And I feel that Austin Strand is a better all-around player than Sean Durzi (at least right now).

If you have seen the kind of chemistry that Vilardi has developed on the ice (especially on the PP) with Clague. You would second guess yourself on the Hickey comparison. LoL

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Are the comments from back in November still applicable today? Some cooling off on the lofty projections made or is everyone sticking to their guns?
I'm still sticking to my comp of him being Dan Boyle-lite and of course being another free asset..

Reactions: BigKing

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sticking to my guns. Great second-pairing guy who can run his own pairing as well as a PP and can fill in on the top pairing without being a total mess.

Reactions: BigKing

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
The better question....

What is Austin Wagner?

(and can he PLEASE not stick around 10 years like Trevor Lewis)

While I did mention earlier that none of us can probably remember any of Wagner's team leading 122 hits this season, he is leading the team in hits without the largest amount of ice time.

The lack of finishing is obviously disappointing but just getting the opportunities is more than what most guys on this team can do. He needs to be better but he has the chance to be a part of the solution-even in a limited role--moving forward since he has an elite skill with his speed.

Reactions: Schmooley

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Walker probably looks a hell of a lot better when not with Macdermid. But Im not watching much lately and I always see them together, and its ugly.

Reactions: lumbergh

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Walker probably looks a hell of a lot better when not with Macdermid. But Im not watching much lately and I always see them together, and its ugly.
I don't mean to turn this into a MacDermid thread, but it's becoming obvious he is NOT an NHL level defenseman. Kind of a bummer because he can throw punches, but you can't hide his inability to play defense any longer.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I love the guy but its been rough lately. I feel he is much tamer since the suspension.

Yep, they neutered him with that bullshit Provorov suspension.

The problem is his aggressiveness/decisiveness was helping his overall play. He's not the kind that can avoid taking the body, he's gotta take a dude out of the play with him.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
MacD has played 12 - 14 mins a game lately and hasn’t been the worst among +/-. Ideally he is a 6/7 D who plays 10 minutes a night.

I think the issue is that the Kings are overplaying bottom of the roster players, including Walker, who ideally is a good to great 4/5 guy.

The Kings don’t lack for guys who can be quality depth. It’s the middle to top of the roster where all the issues are.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Can skate. Out of position a lot. Never leans and seals the play on anyone. No muscle. Great hands. Great release on shot. Take shifts too long when he could change.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
While I did mention earlier that none of us can probably remember any of Wagner's team leading 122 hits this season, he is leading the team in hits without the largest amount of ice time.

The lack of finishing is obviously disappointing but just getting the opportunities is more than what most guys on this team can do. He needs to be better but he has the chance to be a part of the solution-even in a limited role--moving forward since he has an elite skill with his speed.

NHL Player Statistics -Advanced Stats sort by Goals Above Expected, poor Wagner......f***in' Kubalik :)

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00