What is Rasmus Ristolainen's market value?

What is Rasmus Ristolainen's market value?

• Negative value: Buffao adds 2nd to 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
How much should Buffalo get for trading Rasmus Ristolainen in off-season?

He is final year of 6-year deal, with $5.4 million average annual value.
Assume no other players in deal, no salary retained.

I am curious as I have see a wide range of views on this

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I view it as a late 1st, #10 prospect on a depth chart (so likely a grade C prospect that is a project), and a cap dump to even out salary. So my option was late 1st

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I view it as a late 1st, #10 prospect on a depth chart (so likely a grade C prospect that is a project), and a cap dump to even out salary. So my option was late 1st

Sounds about right to me. He'll be a great pickup for the right team. Hoping he doesn't end up in Boston, they'd turn him around quickly IMO.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
He's an intriguing player. There's no doubt a GM will think "Well, Buffalo has had other defensemen look like ass, but then go on to be at least decent elsewhere" (Bogo, Montour, Scandella, etc...).

I'm of the mindset that if utilized correctly and paired with the right partner he can be a pretty good second pairing defenseman who chips in on the PP. That would garner a pretty good return. Unfortunately, he hasn't really found a steady partner who would cover for his flaws in Buffalo, and he's played for terrible coaches, so it's hard to really gauge what he is in this league. That will hurt his value.

I personally want him gone, but I understand that part of the reason for his suckage is out of his control, so I'm intrigued with what he can become with a better established franchise.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Risto showed early this season how good he can be. He's been playing for that trainwreck his whole career and could possibly end up as a #3-2 D on the right team. I think some teams are willing to pay to get him.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I'd trade a 2nd for him. See how he does this year, and if it doesn't really work out, try to flip him at the deadline for a 2nd.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I think big mobile right shot dmen are a hot commodity in this NHL market so I'm going to go with a late 1st or a 2nd a decent prospect.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
1st + young ish forward.

Something like Robby Fabbri + 1st, if the first was in the 20-30 range.
Theres zero chance that happens

Ristolainen isnt worth that on a five year deal, let alone a rental Ristolainen

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I went with a 4th or 5th rounder. I look at him as someone that is similar to Ryan Murray who went for a 5th last offseason.

That's a really poor comparison for several reasons.

- two opposite types of defensemen
- Murray didn't have that much $$ left on his deal
- Murray would have probably fetched a lot more than a 5th if Jarmo hadn't traded him at the earliest possible instance to come up with space to ward off offer sheets. He would have gotten more if he waited until teams came up short on top 4 D.

I suppose the comparison works in this way - if Adams tries to dump Risto in a hurry he might get basically nothing for him. If he patiently waits until teams are short on RD then he could get a 1st or 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad