What is Rasmus Ristolainen's market value?

What is Rasmus Ristolainen's market value?

• Negative value: Buffao adds 2nd to 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
probably a second of some sort + a mediocre prospect + short term cap dump that they may be able to trade off at the deadline for a late pick if they retain a little

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Buffalo was always asking for at least a 1st and a prospect for Ristolainen but no team would ever take it.

With Rasmus nearing the end of his contract I still don't see any team taking him for even just a late 1st.

Buffalo will most likely just end up having to settle for a 2nd and maybe a 3rd round pick to move him.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I see him as an Edler level dman minus the physical play. A decent top 3 dman. hindered by playing on a struggling team for years, as for Edler had the opportunity to play on a contending team for many years.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
That's a really poor comparison for several reasons.

- two opposite types of defensemen
- Murray didn't have that much $$ left on his deal
- Murray would have probably fetched a lot more than a 5th if Jarmo hadn't traded him at the earliest possible instance to come up with space to ward off offer sheets. He would have gotten more if he waited until teams came up short on top 4 D.

I suppose the comparison works in this way - if Adams tries to dump Risto in a hurry he might get basically nothing for him. If he patiently waits until teams are short on RD then he could get a 1st or 2nd.
Good points. I would also add that his advanced stats are bad and more and more teams are looking at those things when making a decision. Will be interesting to see.

Reactions: majormajor

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
230 hits, 125 blocked shots, and 16 points in 66 games is a statsline that no defenseman in the league can quite match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad