What is on our Trade Block?

fingerpainter

Dec 20, 2018
I'm pretty sure our trade is block is everyone, except ~5 untouchable players. At least it should be.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Risto+_____ for Martinez+Kempe...

:dunno:
I offered Guhle, Nylander and a 1st for that same package on the trade board and LA fans seemed to like it. Kempe at C more than replaces Nylander and getting a quality veteran RD with cup experience to replace Bogo/Scandella when the time comes seems worth giving up on Guhle and one of our late 1sts since there's no brakes on ROR's St. Louis train.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
Need to make room for Goaloffson, Nylander... and maybe one of either Guhle or Borgen .. Also, whats the status on Asplund?

Drop > Fill
Sheary > Goalofsson
Pominville > Nylander
Scandella > Guhle/Borgen
Beaulieu > FA?

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I think it's perfectly expected. I don't think we do much at all, aside from maybe shipping off Beaulieu for like a 4th or 5th.

I don't rule out a hockey trade, but we're not going to be in on the rental market.
I agree, but if there was even a kernel of a rumor out there we might finally have some insight into what Botts is thinking right now.

Buff15Sabres

Mar 23, 2017
I agree, but if there was even a kernel of a rumor out there we might finally have some insight into what Botts is thinking right now.

No rumors at all leads me to believe he's thinking: "Let's be patient and wait for the offseason".

I'm looking up and down our roster, and not seeing many potential trade opportunities that would make sense for us (and that could realistically happen). If Skinner really doesn't want to sign here we're better off trading him, but with his NMC (and Botterill's history of poor value trades) I have very little confidence we would get good value there.

I would've liked to have traded one of our extra 1st rounders for a middle 6 forward, but that ship has sailed.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Why assume he is thinking anything? I seriously believe it causes him great discomfort to think about anything during the season.

Reactions: sabremike

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
AGMs attending games on the other side of the country against teams we don’t play again is ‘he’s thinking something’. We just don’t know if it’s curiosity or he’s wheeling and dealing.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I'd move those players getting in the way of development:

Scandella
Beaulieu
Sobotka (if he can be moved)

It's youth time.
You going to have to help me with the idea that Beaulieu is holding back someone’s development. Do we have a young dman being developed for that 8th dman/healthy scratch spot he’s blocking?

Reactions: Tatre

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
You going to have to help me with the idea that Beaulieu is holding back someone’s development. Do we have a young dman being developed for that 8th dman/healthy scratch spot he’s blocking?

He's a RFA. If he's kept, he's getting in the way of Guhle and possible Borgen.

I want the lower end vets out so the call ups come from Rochester, not the 8th defenseman who wants to be traded. There will be a time to carry 8 veteran D, and now isn't it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad