What is on our Trade Block?

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I believe it has been whispered that they're shopping Pominville? I can't imagine a team being interested though. He's so, so smart, but his skills have eroded to a degree where he's really no help.

I would be trying to dump Sobotka too, but nobody is going to fall for that.

Otherwise, there's not much to sell, and we certainly shouldn't add any rentals. Dial a few teams about some long term trades, but don't expect anything to materialize right now. We should have addressed the roster issues BEFORE the obviously-terrible-player we used as our 2C for months decided to put up 42 straight awful, goal-less games.

Reactions: sabremike

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I believe it has been whispered that they're shopping Pominville? I can't imagine a team being interested though. He's so, so smart, but his skills have eroded to a degree where he's really no help.

I would be trying to dump Sobotka too, but nobody is going to fall for that.

Otherwise, there's not much to sell, and we certainly shouldn't add any rentals. Dial a few teams about some long term trades, but don't expect anything to materialize right now. We should have addressed the roster issues BEFORE the obviously-terrible-player we used as our 2C for months decided to put up 42 straight awful, goal-less games.

Just the opposite about Poms - they have not asked for his no trade list.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There is the "if I was in charge" list of who I'd put on the block and then there is the "Big Head is in charge" list of who I think is on the block. Suffice to say, much of his acquisitional trash would be on my list.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Meh ... one game like that doesn’t move the needle for me. Whoever was “tradeable” before this game, is “tradeable” after this game too. The list didn’t change :dunno:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Id trade Sheary, Scandella, Sobotka, Thompson

And depending on return...Risto

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Id trade Sheary, Scandella, Sobotka, Thompson

And depending on return...Risto
Trading Tage would be a horrible move because he has virtually no value at this point unless it's for another failing prospect from some other organization. Have to keep him and hope he amounts to something at this point.

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
Meh ... one game like that doesn’t move the needle for me. Whoever was “tradeable” before this game, is “tradeable” after this game too. The list didn’t change :dunno:
The question is so much as about what we saw last night as it is the realization that the playoffs aren't likely in our future after the home stand and this easy one.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Why tho? He's not massively overpaid and is actually a good PKer/4th liner with Larry,i think they should be locked in for life.
I agree with what he brings and I like Girgs but he brings absolutely zero offensive game and we have too many passengers. Upgrade the entire bottom 6. Larry holds the 4C for one more season then I hope Asplund is ready after 1.5 seasons in the AHL. We need younger, faster.

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
I agree with what he brings and I like Girgs but he brings absolutely zero offensive game and we have too many passengers....
But 4th liners' job is to not allow goals against and just spend as much time in offensive zone as possible,so when the 1st line comes in they have all the momentum and can capitalize. Noone should be expecting any offensive production from 4th line.Ever. Am i wrong?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I agree with what he brings and I like Girgs but he brings absolutely zero offensive game and we have too many passengers. Upgrade the entire bottom 6. Larry holds the 4C for one more season then I hope Asplund is ready after 1.5 seasons in the AHL. We need younger, faster.

Girgs isn't a passenger, he's just not a scorer. He's an excellent role player, as is Larsson. I don't see how our middle 2 lines sucking is a reason to disassemble a very good 4th line.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Beaulieu or Scandella, but they’d barely fetch anything worthwhile.

Okposo and Sobotka need to go, but you’d have to pay someone to take them. I still believe in miracles though.

Bogosian or McCabe could be pried for the right price. I honestly wouldn’t touch anyone else.

Reinhart is the only piece worth anything, but we would automatically lose the trade since itd be for multiple pieces. Might finally get rid of some of the whiniest fans around here though.

Ristolainen leaves too large of a hole if a RHD isn’t coming back. Don’t see the point there.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
But 4th liners' job is to not allow goals against and just spend as much time in offensive zone as possible,so when the 1st line comes in they have all the momentum and can capitalize. Noone should be expecting any offensive production from 4th line.Ever. Am i wrong?

I see what you are saying. That mindset is becoming a thing of the past with the way the NHL has evolved. Deep teams are getting their 4th line to contribute offensively once in a while.

I wouldn’t move Girgs or Larsson. They are fine in the role they are in right now.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Larsson and Girgensons duo is one of the bright lights of this season and it’d be a monumental mistake to trade them away. Teams don’t win when they have a fourth line that caves, and these two do anything but that. Unless some team is crazy enough to trade away a budding middle-6 prospect for them, they should absolutely stay and be locked up 2-3 years after this season.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Girgs isn't a passenger, he's just not a scorer. He's an excellent role player, as is Larsson. I don't see how our middle 2 lines sucking is a reason to disassemble a very good 4th line.
Look, I don’t want to dump on Girgs but he doesn’t have very high hockey IQ and the puck dies on his stick. He does work his butt off and the whole line has moments of fantastic cycling of the puck but it’s just not good enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad