What is Dion Phaneuf? Statistical View

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Gunnar-Phaneuf was excellent last year, and have been excellent again this year.

Phaneuf has been utterly dominant.

Phanuef yes. Gunnar needs to be replaced, same as last year.

BayStreetBullies*

I'd give Phaneuf $10M if that's what we want. If Nonis does decide to get rid of him, you and many others will see this team in the bottom of the Atlantic.

I can see the Leafs and Titanic jokes now.

ALine

May 14, 2012
Or simply that not everybody views him as a great player. Its pretty arbitrary if you ask me. He isn't exactly a shoe-in for allstars or national teams or norris voting or anything really. Its not like arguing the greatness of legitimate great players who have proven over and over again to be truly "elite"....a word that is really thrown around too lightly. Anybody who thinks he sucks is being over the top ridiculous...but no more than those who believe he is one of the best D-men in the league who deserves to be paid as much.

I wonder how many of you "Phaneuf is worth 7.5M" guys thought so when he was a Flame. I'm willing to bet not many at all. And he was actually a better player then. The formula is quite simple really...if you are a Leaf fan and a good player gets to don the blue and white....that good player all of a sudden gets elevated to "elite".
Your second point is where you will find a lot of disagreement. Phanuef has grown immensely since his Calgary days. Even under a similarity defensive minded coach in Calgary, he wast able to handle the load he is given here in Toronto. A job he was given an ran with very well. You have to look at more than point totals.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Phaneuf has been one of the best two-way Dmen in the league after a couple years on the leafs.

Finding another Dman with his combination of size, offense, defense, leadership, physical play is a mighty tough task.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad