What in the heck is this nonsense ?

Schwartz17

Jan 19, 2020
I can, they kept moving the goal posts every time the city met with the guidelines. Kroenke sabotaged the team into complete irrelevance in order to tank attendance and **** talked the city as not viable for a football team. They can go **** themselves
I don’t disagree with you, but Kroenke’s original stadium plan was worth $2 billion and will now cost him up to $6 billion just to finish up. Combine that with the relocation fee he had to pay, the lawsuit, Goff’s horrible contract, hardly any draft picks to build around, and his franchise running back has bad knees. He chased the money to LA and his plan completely flopped. The guy is a horrible owner and the sports world is finally getting to see it all in action. Give it another year or two and you’ll have nothing but an empty stadium except for the opposing team’s fans. I see no reason to be upset over it anymore. Kroenke is burning his own money away and I love every second of it.

Reactions: Ridge1982

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
**** the NFL. I'm currently living an hour away from KC on the Kansas side. There is a dark part of me that hopes the Chiefs get blown out just so I don't have to listen to coworkers talk about the game anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DangledUpinBlues

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
This isn't fully accurate. The original vote by the relocation committee was 5-1 in favor of Carson. The only owner in the relocation committee to vote for the Rams to move was Clark Hunt. Then there was a closed door meeting held by the owners, run by Jerry Jones. After that meeting, they took it to a full vote and it was 30-2 in favor of the Rams moving.
Just one detail to add. As you note, the Relocation Committee voted 5-1 in favor of Carson. Then the owners voted on which project they liked better. Neither the Inglewood project nor the Carson project received enough votes during that process. Then Jerry Jones took over and proposed the idea of a secret ballot. That's when the vote flipped. But they also added a compromise so that Dean Spanos would be allowed to be a tenant in the Inglewood project. So owners who originally favored Spanos didn't feel so bad about sticking the knife in his back during the secret vote.

I am conflicted on rooting for the Chiefs because of Clark Hunt's vote, despite that it mattered very little in the end. I won't be disappointed if they win the Super Bowl but also won't be disappointed if they lose. Whereas, last year, when the Patriots beat the Rams, I cried tears of joy that the Rams lost (even at the hands of the Patriots).

Reactions: Ridge1982

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
This isn't fully accurate. The original vote by the relocation committee was 5-1 in favor of Carson. The only owner in the relocation committee to vote for the Rams to move was Clark Hunt. Then there was a closed door meeting held by the owners, run by Jerry Jones. After that meeting, they took it to a full vote and it was 30-2 in favor of the Rams moving.

To be fair, I would vote to get Stan Kroenke as far away from me also.

giphy.gif

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I don’t disagree with you, but Kroenke’s original stadium plan was worth $2 billion and will now cost him up to $6 billion just to finish up. Combine that with the relocation fee he had to pay, the lawsuit, Goff’s horrible contract, hardly any draft picks to build around, and his franchise running back has bad knees. He chased the money to LA and his plan completely flopped. The guy is a horrible owner and the sports world is finally getting to see it all in action. Give it another year or two and you’ll have nothing but an empty stadium except for the opposing team’s fans. I see no reason to be upset over it anymore. Kroenke is burning his own money away and I love every second of it.
He's getting what he deserves but it still angers me that he and the NFL toyed with the city.

To be fair, I would vote to get Stan Kroenke as far away from me also.

giphy.gif
B933A06462115465CFD173DB990A336329B3EC91

Only one place in the world Kroenke deserves to be

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
Here's an idea I haven't seen anyone put forward before: the Kroenke's frugality is what initially soured negotiations between ROR and Colorado.

After leading the team in scoring in 2011-2012, ROR was rumored to be seeking a $5m long term deal, but the Avs refused to negotiate beyond their initial 2 year, $3.5M AAV bridge deal. Also, the "Duchene cap," *groan*. (Here's a summary of those events that I wrote for Sabres fans back when ROR was traded to Buffalo.)

TL;DR: if Kroenke ain't cheap, ROR likely never makes it to STL, and perhaps 2019 doesn't happen.

Imagine what a steal ROR would be if they'd signed him to that long-term $5M contract. Get rekt, Kroenke.

edit: also I've never heard of that bar, will have to check it out next time I'm in KC. I grew up in STL but live in Lawrence, KS now.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
There’s simply no downside for the Blues to forge a relationship with the team 4 hours down 70 who currently employ the the quickest rising star in the most popular league in the country. Having Mahomes show up at Blues games/talk about the Blues is pure upside for the organization.

Dec 15, 2002
I can’t really blame the NFL owners for voting the Rams to LA. The stadium will be awesome and if Kroenke wanted to front $2 Billion (now $6 billion lol) for a half-empty stadium then so be it.
It's going to be even more awesome when that stadium is finally completed and the infrastructure around it largely completed and The Big One hits Los Angeles and wipes most of all that area out, forcing Kroenke to rebuild it all from scratch yet again.

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
There’s simply no downside for the Blues to forge a relationship with the team 4 hours down 70 who currently employ the the quickest rising star in the most popular league in the country. Having Mahomes show up at Blues games/talk about the Blues is pure upside for the organization.
It is a downside, because you’re giving your money to the same criminal cabal who defrauded our city.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
It is a downside, because you’re giving your money to the same criminal cabal who defrauded our city.
I’m not saying go out and buy tickets/gear/TV packages, or even watch the NFL at all. I was talking solely from the Blues perspective. Mahomes and Kelce showed up at the SCF game and then Mahomes congratulated them after they won. The fact of the matter is outside of STL the NFL is top dog. And having perhaps the best QB in the NFL showing up and talking about the Blues is pure upside for them. If the Blues had a “Chiefs night” or something that may be a bridge too far for some people. But I don’t see any harm in an innocuous tweet wishing KC well before the AFC Championship game (featuring one of their star players in a Blues jersey, nonetheless). And I say this as someone who was at probably 90% of the home games during the 15-65 stretch for the Rams and loathes the Rams/Kroenke/Goodell/etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00