What in the heck is this nonsense ?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So we’re all going to forget that Clark Hunt voted for the Rams move so he can have this market now ?
The vote was 30-2. Owners weren't going to block another owners decision unless it was some crazy decision, and the move made every other owner more money by going to bigger markets. It's not like it was part of Clark Hunt's evil plans to gain the St. Louis market.

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
The move was inevitable, BUT, if you really wanted STL money you should’ve voted nay out of principle.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
Besides, Kansas City has the largest Napoleon complex towards St. Louis. I checked the Chiefs’ twitter page. No retweeting of the Blues’ well wishes. What does that tell you ?

know. your. audience.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Besides, Kansas City has the largest Napoleon complex towards St. Louis. I checked the Chiefs’ twitter page. No retweeting of the Blues’ well wishes. What does that tell you ?
That part is true. Kansas City views itself as the little brother and St. Louis as the big brother. They really hate Joe Buck. When I moved to KC, I viewed the Cards/Royals rivalry as just a fun game, but I realized that the Royals fans have a true hatred for the Cardinals.

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
I do
That part is true. Kansas City views itself as the little brother and St. Louis as the big brother. They really hate Joe Buck. When I moved to KC, I viewed the Cards/Royals rivalry as just a fun game, but I realized that the Royals fans have a true hatred for the Cardinals.
I don’t mind the Cardinal hate. I would hate them too if they invaded my venue on an annual basis, but the collective saltiness of St. Louis is pathetic.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I do

I don’t mind the Cardinal hate. I would hate them too if they invaded my venue on an annual basis, but the collective saltiness of St. Louis is pathetic.
When the Royals got to the WS, I had the mindset of rooting for them with the whole root for Missouri thing. There were so many that hated that though, they would've much preferred me to not support the Royals. I'm just back to being completely indifferent with the Royals, like the rest of Kansas City.

Reactions: Ridge1982

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Didn't the Blues hold a preseason game in KC recently and from what I remember it did pretty well? Obviously some I'm sure traveled from St. Louis but I think there were a lot of KC people there.

I don't understand the KC/St. Louis hate thing. I actually think it's a thing where KC hates St. Louis but those of us in St. Louis don't have an issue with KC at all. I'm a Chiefs fan and I'm pumped they're in the Super Bowl.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Didn't the Blues hold a preseason game in KC recently and from what I remember it did pretty well? Obviously some I'm sure traveled from St. Louis but I think there were a lot of KC people there.

I don't understand the KC/St. Louis hate thing. I actually think it's a thing where KC hates St. Louis but those of us in St. Louis don't have an issue with KC at all. I'm a Chiefs fan and I'm pumped they're in the Super Bowl.
Yeah. There are a bunch of Blues fans in KC and just around the area. Also a bunch of just hockey fans in the area that aren't necessarily Blues fans, but wanted to go to the game.

A big part of it is that when people think of big city in Missouri, it's almost always St. Louis first. I imagine there are similar feelings in Ohio between their major cities Columbus/Cleveland/Cincinnati. Kansas City and St. Louis both have different pros and cons. In simple terms, I like the city of Kansas City better and the suburbs of St. Louis better.

Blues0307

May 25, 2009
St. Louis
The vote was 30-2. Owners weren't going to block another owners decision unless it was some crazy decision, and the move made every other owner more money by going to bigger markets. It's not like it was part of Clark Hunt's evil plans to gain the St. Louis market.

This isn't fully accurate. The original vote by the relocation committee was 5-1 in favor of Carson. The only owner in the relocation committee to vote for the Rams to move was Clark Hunt. Then there was a closed door meeting held by the owners, run by Jerry Jones. After that meeting, they took it to a full vote and it was 30-2 in favor of the Rams moving.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Stan Kronke and more importantly the NFL wanted the Rams out of St. Louis and it was going to happen no matter what. The idea that Clark Hunt voting for or against it made any difference is being naive.

Every time St. Louis did what they needed to do the NFL just changed the rules and didn't follow their own guidelines for relocation. That proves that it was going to happen no matter what. What they put St. Louis through to them was just a formality. They never were actually being fair and giving St. Louis a real chance.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, the only thing the owners may have disagreed on was what teams got moved to LA and what stadium proposal to go with. With how much of it being behind closed door and not transparent, I don't think any of us will ever know the full story.

bluebird enthusiast

Dec 3, 2014
As someone who grew up in a KC sports household, I appreciated this tweet.
Despite my upbringing, I never really liked football until I watched Mahomes play. He makes Chiefs games must-see TV for me.

Not sure if this viewpoint is welcome here, but my dad says KC fans don't mind STL fans, but they do mind the overly pompous ones. All anecdotes, though.

I do see the inferiority complex KC has; I don't think the "rivalry" is nearly as heated as the STL-CHI rivalry due to how STL sees KC as the little bro. It does seem like a one-sided rivalry like some of you pointed out, for the lack of a better word.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
As someone who grew up in a KC sports household, I appreciated this tweet.
Despite my upbringing, I never really liked football until I watched Mahomes play. He makes Chiefs games must-see TV for me.

Not sure if this viewpoint is welcome here, but my dad says KC fans don't mind STL fans, but they do mind the overly pompous ones. All anecdotes, though.

I do see the inferiority complex KC has; I don't think the "rivalry" is nearly as heated as the STL-CHI rivalry due to how STL sees KC as the little bro. It does seem like a one-sided rivalry like some of you pointed out, for the lack of a better word.
Yeah, I think a lot of the St. Louis fans that travel probably tend to be the more "confident" fans, so I can definitely appreciate the opinion when the best fans in baseball idea gets thrown around too much and people want to thump their chest with it.

For people that I actually know, I never had a problem, but for some of them, before we actually got to know each other, there was a bit of exterior that had to be broken before they realized I wasn't one of the obnoxious ones.

It's sort of ironic though because Chiefs fans tend to be a lot like Cardinals fans. Majority are perfectly fine, but this is a decent portion that are a bit obnoxious and that can spoil the taste for the population.

Mahomes is pure joy to watch.

Reactions: notsoglorious

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Jerry Jones and the secret ballot was the main reason they moved. They didn’t have the votes until they voted anonymously

Schwartz17

Jan 19, 2020
I can’t really blame the NFL owners for voting the Rams to LA. The stadium will be awesome and if Kroenke wanted to front $2 Billion (now $6 billion lol) for a half-empty stadium then so be it. It’s a shame the NFL allowed all of this to take place with no compensation for St. Louis, but it looks like our city may get some money from this lawsuit. With all that being said, Go Chiefs!

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
I separate the ideas of civic rivalry and sports rivalry in my mind. I feel neutral about KC sports, but I have plenty of friends from there and I feel good for them when their pro teams do well. Our respective teams have played far too few important games against each other over the years. StL and Chicago have a definite sports rivalry in hockey and baseball because the teams have played many important games against each other over the years, though I think StL takes it a bit more seriously most of the time.

In terms of civic rivalry, StL is the only natural rival for folks in KC but StL just doesn't feel the same way. We feel about KC the same way KC feels about Wichita. We really want to be civic rivals with Chicago, but Chicago cares even less about us than we do about KC. Chicago wants to be civic rivals with New York and LA, but neither of them give a damn about Chicago.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I can’t really blame the NFL owners for voting the Rams to LA. The stadium will be awesome and if Kroenke wanted to front $2 Billion (now $6 billion lol) for a half-empty stadium then so be it. It’s a shame the NFL allowed all of this to take place with no compensation for St. Louis, but it looks like our city may get some money from this lawsuit. With all that being said, Go Chiefs!
I can, they kept moving the goal posts every time the city met with the guidelines. Kroenke sabotaged the team into complete irrelevance in order to tank attendance and **** talked the city as not viable for a football team. They can go **** themselves

Reactions: Ridge1982

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->