What if ???

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Yep I said it, what if the 1st overall of the 2011 entry draft is RNH. Then Followed by
Gabriel Landskog.

Can you imagine that would mean that the 3rd team might get LArsson or Couturier and even Ryan Murphy. Like how crazy is that?

Is it possible or not? Will it happen? I simply believe that Larsson should be first overall. But who know's, maybe he won't.

What if ?

Last edited:

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
basically: what if a team in the top 2 takes landeskog over larsson.

i'm not expecting it, but i wouldnt be surprised. All of the 'top 4' have risks, and different upsides. Lando probably has the lowest risk and upside. There are teams in this league who's draft philosophies fit that.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008

i'm not expecting it, but i wouldnt be surprised. All of the 'top 4' have risks, and different upsides. Lando probably has the lowest risk and upside. There are teams in this league who's draft philosophies fit that.

If Colorado is getting 2nd overall then here's the draft for top 5;

1st.Edmonton-Adam LArsson
2nd.Colorado-RNH
3rd.Ottawa-Gabriel Landskog
4th.Florida-Sean Couturier
5th.Islander-Ryan Strome

------------------------------------
6th. New Jersey-Dougie Hamilton (that's if New Jersey run out of fuel)

sens61ravens

Jan 2, 2011
If Colorado is getting 2nd overall then here's the draft for top 5;

1st.Edmonton-Adam LArsson
2nd.Colorado-RNH
3rd.Ottawa-Gabriel Landskog
4th.Florida-Sean Couturier
5th.Islander-Ryan Strome

------------------------------------
6th. New Jersey-Dougie Hamilton (that's if New Jersey run out of fuel)

I disagree, I think if Colorado goes second overall they will take Landeskog, they are already set down the middle with Stastny, Duchene, O'Reilly and if they keep McClement they have 4 centers and they traded Stewart away so why not go with Landeskog.

My top 3 would go:

1.Edmonton- Larsson
2.Colorado- Landeskog
3.Ottawa- RNH

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
I disagree, I think if Colorado goes second overall they will take Landeskog, they are already set down the middle with Stastny, Duchene, O'Reilly and if they keep McClement they have 4 centers and they traded Stewart away so why not go with Landeskog.

My top 3 would go:

1.Edmonton- Larsson
2.Colorado- Landeskog
3.Ottawa- RNH

I simply hope Ottawa lose the rest of the games. Stop winning and draft Landskog. :sarcasm:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yep I said it, what if the 1st overall of the 2010 entry draft is RNH. Then Followed by
Gabriel Landskog.

Can you imagine that would mean that the 3rd team might get LArsson or Couturier and even Ryan Murphy. Like how crazy is that?

Is it possible or not? Will it happen? I simply believe that Larsson should be first overall. But who know's, maybe he won't.

What if ?

It won't be possible because the 2010 draft already happened...

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

The downside of picking a defenseman is chances are it really won't start paying dividends for 4-5 years, where as forwards usually start paying off quicker. That might be enough for either Edmonton or Colorado to pass on Larsson(especially if they have another guy who is forward rated roughly the same level)

As an Islanders fan I would love to see Larsson falling to 4th(not that I expect it but if Oilers and Avalanche pass on him it's somewhat a possibility)

HalbertGil*

Yep I said it, what if the 1st overall of the 2010 entry draft is RNH. Then Followed by
Gabriel Landskog.

The third team would be able to get Murphy anyways, it's not like he's going in the top 2.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
What if Crosby was eligible for the 2011 draft because he born six years later. Would the Pens be Cup champs? Would they have selected Ovechkin if he was eligible that year instead??:sarcasm:

What if I had a million dollars in cash stuffed in my couch cushions and I slept on a bed of blow.....:nod:

What if Doc was a real person and the Delorean were a real time travelling machine and we could go back with Bill and Ted to change this....

Insanely awesome dddude.

arsmaster*

I think what the OP is getting at is, after about 2-3 years of this draft class getting slighted as being weak, there are going to be at least 4 really good players possibly going 1st (maybe even 8).

Then after than its a crapshoot between 10 and 40, either that there are quite a few players you could class as 1st rounders or vice versa.

I think this class doesnt have the one or two huge names at the top, but excellent players and quite a solid amount of depth into the 100-120 range, after that I dont know enough, but there are easily a solid group of 100 that IMO is better than last years.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Yep I said it, what if the 1st overall of the 2011 entry draft is Larsson. Then Followed by
Sean Couturier.

Can you imagine that would mean that the 3rd team might get RNH or Landeskog and even Ryan Murphy. Like how crazy is that?

What if ?

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
the 2010 draft is over...it was hall not rnh

Sorry bro I meant to say 2011. But I believe it will be Larsson if Edmonton get 1st overall and then Follow by Landskog if Ottawa is 2nd overall.

If the order change then Who know's.

By the way I wasn't high when I posted this thread. Was simply curious to see everyone opinion wich I got and even more. So anyone want to add more to it great if not thx in advance.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I fail to see how "crazy" it really is. Look at Fowler last year. He was the the consensus *3 guy for almost the entire season, then kind of heard Gudbranson, Gormley and Connelly int closing months to the draft, then he somehow drops to 12.

Unexpected? Yes. Crazy? I dunno, ask some of the GMs who pass on the guy down the road. I don't see a scenario where he doesn't go top 2 other than if the Oil pick 1 and Ottawa pick 2. And even then I still think the Oil pick Larsson, but wouldn't be shocked if they chose RNH, in which case I could see the Sens taking Lando or Couturier.

bberry

Nov 16, 2010
What if...the world ends in December of 2012? Then RNH will only get to play a few months in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad