Speculation: What if we make the playoffs?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I admire the enthusiasm, but I don't see it happening this year. The kids have young legs and a lot of swagger, but there is a serious lack of pure talent overall on the roster.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We gave up 50 shots and easily could've lost that first game 9 - 3. @6stringmofo did you have the "who should we take first overall?" thread locked and loaded if the leafs came back ?

ES the game was actually quite close, we probably had a bit of an edge. The PP was the difference, even then, it was really just that one PP where they got 8 shots in the third and opened up their scoring.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
The team needs to commit to playing proper hockey without the puck first. Then they will find success. Still early, but maybe they can catch lighting and build on that early.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
We gave up 50 shots and easily could've lost that first game 9 - 3. @6stringmofo did you have the "who should we take first overall?" thread locked and loaded if the leafs came back ?

Well I don't think we're making the playoffs but 9-3 is a bit of nonsense in my view. We easily had the better of the chances and could have been up 5 - 0 heading in to the 3rd far more easily than that game being a 9 - 3 loss

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO Ottawa dominated that 1st game against the stinking leafs for two periods & it was when the refs decided to step in to help the leafs that ended up giving them some life. As far as centres go we have two centres who can take turns being the #1 centre on any given night, but it will also depend on their linemates. Pinto will need Stutzle & C. Brown to help him turn that 2nd line into a top line while Norris has Tkachuk & Batherson helping him.

Hopefuly each line challenges the other to be better & improve the team as a whole. I also think that Greig ends up taking that 3rd line centre spot, IMO it's just a matter of time & with Formenton on one side & either Boucher or Sokolov or C. Brown on RW should make for another good line.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well I don't think we're making the playoffs but 9-3 is a bit of nonsense in my view. We easily had the better of the chances and could have been up 5 - 0 heading in to the 3rd far more easily than that game being a 9 - 3 loss
Also worth noting the discrepancy in shots is mostly because of a single power play where the leafs got 8 shots (they scored on the 8th shot). Remove that PP, or score on the first shot, and the shot discrepancy is minimal, that 8 shot flurry could only have lead to the single goal that it did, so had they received more puck luck during it, the score remains the same.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
IMO Ottawa dominated that 1st game against the stinking leafs for two periods & it was when the refs decided to step in to help the leafs that ended up giving them some life. As far as centres go we have two centres who can take turns being the #1 centre on any given night, but it will also depend on their linemates. Pinto will need Stutzle & C. Brown to help him turn that 2nd line into a top line while Norris has Tkachuk & Batherson helping him.

Hopefuly each line challenges the other to be better & improve the team as a whole. I also think that Greig ends up taking that 3rd line centre spot, IMO it's just a matter of time & with Formenton on one side & either Boucher or Sokolov or C. Brown on RW should make for another good line.
Definitely we dominated thru 2. Score could have been more tilted.

Toronto was tired coming off a game against Montreal the night before. Let's see how it goes tonight in Toronto. Both teams fresh, last change to Toronto

Reactions: aragorn

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Also worth noting the discrepancy in shots is mostly because of a single power play where the leafs got 8 shots (they scored on the 8th shot). Remove that PP, or score on the first shot, and the shot discrepancy is minimal, that 8 shot flurry could only have lead to the single goal that it did, so had they received more puck luck during it, the score remains the same.

There's not much to poke at about that game, but give them credit some guys are trying

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He will be the 1 c I think Norris will be 2 however.
Both our guys have a chance to be top 25 at their position. I’m hoping for a Bergeron/Kreiji impact. High bar but putting ceilings on these 2 has been a losing bet so far. Neither will be as awesome as Bergeron but as far as impact on the team I love their 2 way play and intensity

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Don Cherry will come out of retirement and berate Ottawa and the surrounding areas for not supporting their team at the box office?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad