Speculation: What if we make the playoffs?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Get us another top 2C who can win draws and we are right there

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Would love to see it. Major step forward. However, we can't give up 48 shots a night. No way we get to the playoffs with that many chances against.

This team is missing a top 4 dman. I wish Sanderson was here.

Last edited:

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Not gonna happen. People seriously need to look at our Defense core. It's laughable

We are not making the playoffs until the following happens..

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - JB Docker
Holden - Brannstrom

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Get us another top 2C who can win draws and we are right there

To me, the clear notable missing link is on defense. We needed a top 4 badly, especially if we were going to load up our top pair. A top 4 would significantly help the entire team. Pinto is that 2nd line C. He. Is. Ready. When Brady comes back, Pinto will have Stutzle and they'll continue their magic.

Reactions: playasRus

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Would be nice but I don’t see it happening.

Happy we can sign the remaining young guns and still have enough left.

Would be great to sign a good high value FA, to help bolster the team - I don’t want to say Position X in the event that young player Y begins to excel.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Let's get out of November before having this thread. Isn't that the indicator, teams that are in a playoff spot by November/ December usually make the playoffs?

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
Defense will keep us out probably. Unless we win every game 5-4 or whatever.

If we do make it in somehow we'll probably just be a little annoying team that grinds out a series to 7. Dare I say, we'll be pesky?

Ashrum

Sep 22, 2006
It's a young team, probably won't happen but if it does then they learn about the next level of play and to possibly save energy durring the regular season so they can go full out in the playoffs.

Toronto underestimated them in the first and Ottawa took advantage. In the 3rd they held on but weren't controlling the game. They have along way to go but anything can happen.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Not gonna happen. People seriously need to look at our Defense core. It's laughable

We are not making the playoffs until the following happens..

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - JB Docker
Holden - Brannstrom
Yep it holds back the forwards whenever Zub and Chabot are off the ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad