Speculation: What if... we don't get the Dmen we need via trade?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Robert I don't need stats to back it up. I see countless Sharks fans commenting on how poor his play has been this season and how he's only a bottom pair player anymore. I've also seen in the couple of games the Sharks have been on TV he isn't the same player he was the past few seasons. Just cause the stats say he's on par with his past seasons doesn't mean his play is.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Where there is a Hose post, a Robert post is soon to follow.

I agree he had a drop off that was last season if was another I would have a concern. That is not the case though. He is still playing 20.8 minutes he would still come in and flat out be our third if not second best D man.

I dont know if he trolls for this or not but some things HOSE says is just very maddening. His power play numbers are great vlasic has taken over his short hand minutes if we have someone better than boyle shorthanded besides hedman please point him out to me I will contact cooper and let him know:)

All his advanced stats say he is not having an off year is similar to others honestly. His production per toi is very good still.

Robert I don't need stats to back it up. I see countless Sharks fans commenting on how poor his play has been this season and how he's only a bottom pair player anymore. I've also seen in the couple of games the Sharks have been on TV he isn't the same player he was the past few seasons. Just cause the stats say he's on par with his past seasons doesn't mean his play is.

If carle was having the last two years and hedman this one do you think we would be on carle if had other good players? The only stat down is he has 29 points. Part is toi part is a down year shooting percentage yet he has had other down years hes actually shooting less.

I dont really care what shark fans say I use the eye test than use daily test and whom hes playing with yep still vlasic. Still pavelski and thornton same level of competition and team mates. Do sharks want to give him 6 million HELL NO.

They have plenty of options I dont blame them. We are not in same situation as sharks. They have 2-3 kids ready whom are GOOD to take boyles spot.

We have one guy argue wise two who are as good or better than boyle. Anything you watch look at stat wise whatever would tell you this.

He is not brewer and sure as hell not malone on downside. He would be ok to give a year to year deal if can afford it cause is a for sure upgrade and power play wise? He is flat out better than anything we have now or probably in the system.

OUR DEFENSE SUCKS. Is that simple we get by on good coaching and a good system if they follow it. Yet we have one great defender one good defender and one guy who might develop into a pretty good defender. The order hedman carle gudas.

Than what do we have? Seriously we are not worst in NHL but we aint great either:)

Last edited:

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
Boyle

Boyle was/is still dealing with the effects of a concussion, which has affected his play - he even mans up and admits it.

Decent article that covers this:

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_24936760/sharks-dan-boyle-reveals-details-about-lingering-effects

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Boyle was/is still dealing with the effects of a concussion, which has affected his play - he even mans up and admits it.

Decent article that covers this:

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_24936760/sharks-dan-boyle-reveals-details-about-lingering-effects

I mentioned this but a bigger issue IS HOW DEEP THE SHARKS ARE SYSTEM WIDE.

They got kids whom have proven to play excellently for 17 minutes sitting in AHL lol.

The fans do not want to give boyle 6 million. Shoot I dont want to pay him that much but to imply he is regressing is just not the truth. He still is playing with same line mates over last three years. He is still playing well with the struggles of the concussion etc. He is an upgrade for us big time. That is my only point. We need help he is one of the guys who can give us that needed help imho.

I have kept a big eye on him even bigger after salo's collapse lately and gudas hitting a wall that could be felt if not seen:) I think he is playing fine and can come in and help in all areas.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I think Boyle is exactly who Yzerman is going to target. Yzerman likes the one, older vet D on the top 4. Brewer when we got him, Salo... Boyle makes perfect sense. I'd love to have him back.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Hiya new tampa-enthusiastic here, do you think tampa would go after vatanen? He is RFA this summer, and ducks dont seem to have that great of a role for him, that damn lindholm descending from the heavens and stealing his spotlight as the shiny new thingy. :cry:

Imo vatanen would be a great addition, because we severely lack that puck-moving dman, what do you think? :)

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I am a little confused about the Koekkoek situation. The guy is either having terrible luck or has something severely wrong with his shoulders. Either way, is he someone we should continue to hope helps out next year or are we going to have him prove he can pull off a miracle and stay healthy in the AHL for a season.

I think there must be something wrong with his shoulders. However, his left shoulder has held up fine following his second surgery on it. Let's hope that he gets his right one repaired now and it holds up. He reportedly played upwards of 30 minutes per night with Windsor and never missed a game (shoulder injury aside). That, to me, shows that he is pretty durable.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Hiya new tampa-enthusiastic here, do you think tampa would go after vatanen? He is RFA this summer, and ducks dont seem to have that great of a role for him, that damn lindholm descending from the heavens and stealing his spotlight as the shiny new thingy. :cry:

Imo vatanen would be a great addition, because we severely lack that puck-moving dman, what do you think? :)

Welcome on board :)

I doubt we go after Vatanen, we have plenty of puck movers: Hedman, Barberio and Koekkoek in the future. Gudas is not all that bad after all and if we would sign Boyle (I hope for somebody younger) we would have enough.
Obviously I woud like to get him and would pull the trigger right away if we could trade Connolly for him, but I doubt that would be enough and I am not willing to give up more for him.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
If carle was having the last two years and hedman this one do you think we would be on carle if had other good players? The only stat down is he has 29 points. Part is toi part is a down year shooting percentage yet he has had other down years hes actually shooting less.

I dont really care what shark fans say I use the eye test than use daily test and whom hes playing with yep still vlasic. Still pavelski and thornton same level of competition and team mates. Do sharks want to give him 6 million HELL NO.

They have plenty of options I dont blame them. We are not in same situation as sharks. They have 2-3 kids ready whom are GOOD to take boyles spot.

We have one guy argue wise two who are as good or better than boyle. Anything you watch look at stat wise whatever would tell you this.

He is not brewer and sure as hell not malone on downside. He would be ok to give a year to year deal if can afford it cause is a for sure upgrade and power play wise? He is flat out better than anything we have now or probably in the system.

OUR DEFENSE SUCKS. Is that simple we get by on good coaching and a good system if they follow it. Yet we have one great defender one good defender and one guy who might develop into a pretty good defender. The order hedman carle gudas.

Than what do we have? Seriously we are not worst in NHL but we aint great either:)

Just an fyi... the bolded part is actually not true. Vlasic has been paired with either Braun or Demers most of the year. Boyle has been paired with mostly Irwin or sometimes Stuart/Hannan.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Just an fyi... the bolded part is actually not true. Vlasic has been paired with either Braun or Demers most of the year. Boyle has been paired with mostly Irwin or sometimes Stuart/Hannan.

ive only seen 3-4 games this year. He looked fine. Saw play twice at least when was in san diego and this was during the concussion time and I was ok with him. Had a nice jump etc. Seemed very fast still. Looked good to me on power play.

I used extra skate and was told just yesterday the stats might have issue with linemates for some reason looks like this snake bit me.

APOLOGIZE for misinformation its happened before can only take what am given:)

I will have to look to other sources for now on till they fix this.

His stats look good for what we need. Doubt we can get a legit one. So a true 3 is fine or best available. Going by stats though on extra skate it says he plays most with vlasic still minute wise? He does have time with hannan also but is less time.

Think we did go after Vatanen at trade deadline. Think rangers were after him too. Think the price was too much or he wasnt available. If he became available think Stevie would kick the tires. He had 17 minutes a game and proved was very good pmd and power play guy this year.

So love to have him don't think is a deal Stevie will feel compelled to make:)

Last edited:

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Welcome on board :)

I doubt we go after Vatanen, we have plenty of puck movers: Hedman, Barberio and Koekkoek in the future. Gudas is not all that bad after all and if we would sign Boyle (I hope for somebody younger) we would have enough.
Obviously I woud like to get him and would pull the trigger right away if we could trade Connolly for him, but I doubt that would be enough and I am not willing to give up more for him.

Yeah Connolly/killer straight up would be great, but ducks are so damn deep at every position with their prospects that connolly or killer wouldnt make much noise, and giving up picks and prospects for a 22 yr old so-so defender ( with huge offensive upside though) isnt what yzermon does.

On the question about Boyle, he is good, but declining rapidly, and he would be only optimal for that 1-year 4 mil~ deal, after that he propably is at Salo-level of slowness, but during that 1-year Boyle would be huge upgrade to our D

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012

Yeah Connolly/killer straight up would be great, but ducks are so damn deep at every position with their prospects that connolly or killer wouldnt make much noise, and giving up picks and prospects for a 22 yr old so-so defender ( with huge offensive upside though) isnt what yzermon does.

One is not like the other, I would be really pissed if we giive up Killorn for Vatanen. I think we can get a better defender out of Killorn (Pysyk pleaaaaaaaaaase)

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
ive only seen 3-4 games this year. He looked fine. Saw play twice at least when was in san diego and this was during the concussion time and I was ok with him. Had a nice jump etc. Seemed very fast still. Looked good to me on power play.

I used extra skate and was told just yesterday the stats might have issue with linemates for some reason looks like this snake bit me.

APOLOGIZE for misinformation its happened before can only take what am given:)

I will have to look to other sources for now on till they fix this.

His stats look good for what we need. Doubt we can get a legit one. So a true 3 is fine or best available. Going by stats though on extra skate it says he plays most with vlasic still minute wise? He does have time with hannan also but is less time.

Think we did go after Vatanen at trade deadline. Think rangers were after him too. Think the price was too much or he wasnt available. If he became available think Stevie would kick the tires. He had 17 minutes a game and proved was very good pmd and power play guy this year.

So love to have him don't think is a deal Stevie will feel compelled to make:)

Yeah Vatanen would be a Letang-lite with his upside, if used right, ducks dont really make use of his skillset, but yeah the price would propably be too salty, especially as Vatanen is known to have a lot of motivational issues, so i quess we rather stick with Koekkoek and hope his shoulders hold up

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
One is not like the other, I would be really pissed if we giive up Killorn for Vatanen. I think we can get a better defender out of Killorn (Pysyk pleaaaaaaaaaase)

Vatanen is around what you get for killer straight up, no way buffaslugs give up on Pysyk, hes been the most consistant dman theyve had this year.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Vatanen is around what you get for killer straight up, no way buffaslugs give up on Pysyk, hes been the most consistant dman theyve had this year.

Killorn for Pysyk is seen as good value by both fanbases. Maybe add a little pick on either side, but their value is close.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Killorn for Pysyk is seen as good value by both fanbases. Maybe add a little pick on either side, but their value is close.

Would propably be a pick from our side, but if thats true id do it in a heartbeat, but dont really think slugs would do it, considering they want to avoid the oil-way of endless rebuild and build from bottom, they wont part with their dprospects for players with so little experience and merit as killer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad