What If VAR Existed Before?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
England - Home of Football - go their entire existence winning absolutely nothing.

What a time to be alive.

Reactions: Power Man

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Maybe Beckham doesn't get that red card ...
In that case we can add France to Argentina and Germany in the list of "countries the English hate in football but who don't even register the English in football"

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Interesting article about big moments and how the impact of VAR would've had on them...

And where is Maradona? Just imagine, his Hand of God Goal will be canceled. What would the alternative history say to that?

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Maradona gets sent off for the Hand of God and they lose to England in 1986.
That Tunisian referee would have still allowed that goal lol , he was that terrible

I know, because we didn't to the 1994 WC because of the same referee, Ivory Coast scored the most blatant offside goal I've ever seen and he allowed it

Last edited:
Reactions: gary69

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Schumacher gets a red card in 1982 vs France for his attack on Battiston and France faces Italy in the 1982 WC Final.
Ref didn't even call a foul, smh

lol West Germany got away with murder that year (that foul and the cheating with Austria in the 1st round)

Reactions: Evilo

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Keep VAR for instances where a ref calls a penalty on the play. Abolish it everywhere else.

(yes I know this isn't the specific thought-exercise for this thread).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Keep VAR for instances where a ref calls a penalty on the play. Abolish it everywhere else.

(yes I know this isn't the specific thought-exercise for this thread).
Strongly disagree. You still need it because the game has gotten too fast for the referees. You especially need it for offsides. I’ve said this since the beginning; just take away the zoom button and either stay with the call on the field unless there is something you can see with a naked eye. Especially if you aren’t going to use the automated system. The calls need to be right. The problem is the calls are still being gotten wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad